Ariana gets dragged in semi-viral tweet for blaccent

TheArgonaut

Not bullying her for speaking a certain way and then bullying her for no longer speaking that way. The obsession.:bibliahh:

I saw that video last week, the tt has almost 200k likes and another reacting to it has over 400k :deadbanana2: it doesn’t help that her stans play into it and made it into some joke.

This is so stupid. Imagine being outraged by someone talking in certain way :rip:

Ari strikes me as very in touch and aware of conversations going on around her brand, so I'm glad she dropped the act (even though she prob didn't intend to do it)

It speaks to her personality whether her tragic stans like it or not

wow she's a terrible person, clearly a racist, will her music be taken off streaming services ? apology incomming ?? omg her carreer is over

gwctAbv.gif

Love her but she ditched the africana grande act quick as hell once she saw those tweets dragging her :lmao:

the way she gets several viral hate tweets per year and yet her status isnt anywhere close to being tugged on. legendé!!! 

OT: Yall are NOT gonna sit here and tell me that your non black friends arent using AAVE. However, as a celebrity she needs to be more conscious of what she does and the impact that has. Def understand that. I am glad she has been better about it since. 

Edited by jjmed59

we love her 

Never understood the outrage cause of that interview, I get the backlash from 7 rings, but she’s just making a silly joke about her wanting a cookie and juice as child :rip:

It’s also funny how you guys get mad when celebrities get called out and they just ignore it but when they listen to what they’re doing wrong and change yall get mad too :deadbanana4:

ddd this has gone viral every few months at this point. Imagine if she actually put "Juice" on tu,n. :toofunny3:

I think it'll always pop-up now and then until she acknowledges the whole criticism since it usually stays with celebrities who just duck and dodge. Correction can only do so much without an acknowledgement. 

Some of the claims are off tho; the claim she did the 'pivot' for The Voice ignores that the tan started fading and how she spoke starting with Positions, which didn't pivot away from r&b. So the "rebellion/redemption" claims are kinda iffy since the correction didn't correlate with some kind of maneuver away the genre. Again though, she'll probably have to take those L's and people assuming that about her until she speaks on it. 

You can even see in her interview for Positions with Zach Sang he tries to make a joke about her popularizing "yuh" and influencing rappers; her eyes widen and she quickly shuts it down, knowing how such looks. 

Edited by Communion

I don’t disagree with the criticism, but everyone was doing a blaccent in the 2010s. :rip:

The way you could literally make hour-long clips out of examples of her blaccent and blackfishing. :deadbanana2:

i love how from time to time the first video pops up

has its moment for some days

and then it disappears forever until someone finds it again in a few months

What is her real voice though? Is the "blaccent" her actual voice, or is it the Cat Valentine voice?

I'm glad she doesn't talk like that anymore. It was tryhard/bad during the TUN era. :rip:

This is familiar...

a0495e90150667deaf177eed921e18d2.gif

Edited by QueenBLadyG

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.