Rolling Stone: "What the Hell Happened to Justin Timberlake?"

Stankonia

On 7/6/2022 at 7:50 PM, Aristide said:

Man of the Woods just wasn't good. Beyonce has her songs that just aren't good/ flopped too. And to be fair, Gen Z is probably only familiar with his embarrassing behavior since they aren't old enough to remember his hits.

Also, misandry is rampant among Gen Z pop music fans. Notice how they're dragging him for dropping his sex appeal. That's supposed to be a legitimate criticism? Imagine if a female artist was shamed for that. There'd be outrage.

Misandry isn’t real. That’s like saying hetrophobia is real. 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aristide

• Stankonia

• QueenBLadyG

• imabadkid

The term "Gen-Z" thrown so much in this thread that now I think I'm allergic to this word

As for JT, he may be balding, but he will forever be in The Social Network and Inside Llewyn Davis. Not everybody has that to their credit.

The blowback was so loud that Timberlake had to issue a public apology to both women, though both Jackson and Spears have denied harboring any ill will towards him.

So they don't care but Twitter crowd dig up mammoth s**t from 20 years ago to be outraged about on the Internet?

What is wrong with being balding? 

Ot: its what he deserves

If it wasn't for the Britney Spears drama back in the day, he would've NEVER made it this far.

The GP switch like..

On 7/5/2022 at 10:02 PM, Proseductice said:

:deadbanana4:

This line was so uncalled for :deadbanana2:

Why are people mentioning Beyoncé in here? :deadbanana4: Break My Soul is currently smashing left, right, and center without a music video, without any promo performances, and without any viral TikTok videos. The two aren’t even in the same stratosphere. 

He was great in his prime and still released some bops last decade. You can't stay on top forever, that's just how it works. :matty:

Loved him in NSYNC and his early music. Haven't liked him in years. He's a has been at this point, and let himself go too and has a huge ego. He also treats women like Britney and Janet terribly.

15 hours ago, hardbrit said:

If it wasn't for the Britney Spears drama back in the day, he would've NEVER made it this far.

Yup. His first single bombed, and then he released Cry Me a River...

1 minute ago, JustHoran said:

Yup. His first single bombed, and then he released Cry Me a River...

Not only that but even years after their breakup he still benefited from every time he released a new album/song people would play the, “Is this about Britney?” game. When WGACA came out I think that was a large part of what helped it blow up, same with the video and he always played into it too. And doing things like when performing CMAR, years after their breakup, adding random insults. Or on SNL, years after their breakup, in a skit alluding to being the guy who took her virginity, etc.

I say this as someone who used to stan him, I think he was still obsessed with her for years following their breakup but he also isn’t dumb and knew a large part of his success was in large part due to their split.

On 7/9/2022 at 7:34 AM, Tropez said:

Misandry isn’t real. That’s like saying hetrophobia is real. 

You're only saying that because you want to protect misandrists. Classic move: deny the existence of something so that you can keep doing it without people calling you out.

Edited by Aristide

2 hours ago, Aristide said:

You're only saying that because you want to protect misandrists. Classic move: deny the existence of something so that you can keep doing it without people calling you out.

No. Because every instance of a man saying something is misandry it’s a actually rooted in misogyny, and often used as a way to diminish the struggle of women. 

On 7/6/2022 at 12:39 AM, La Reina said:

I remember earlier this year, the guy who wrote the Rolling Stone review for Xtina's La Fuerza EP was a Britney fan with a history of shady tweets about Xtina. Like it's almost impossible for stan war'd brains to not be biased. :toofunny3: 

Journalism is dead.

Is it that Rob guy? Hes been hating on Christina since the start of her career. Hes a huge Knee stan and is always trashing for everything, hes not objective. I dont know how Rolling Stone hasnt fired his ass. 

People doing the most, I don't care about popstars personal life, period.

MOTW is not on level of his past albums but the album still did good. IIRC it sold almost 300k first week and got 2 top ten hits.

Justin at one point was seem so Unbreakable, he is on top of the game as the only pop white male. But later the whole movement hurt his career along with the lackluster performance of superbowel and MOTW, which proves the go that there’s nothing left to defend the man about.

He will not get that crazy numbers for his next tour cause he’s been washing up constantly the past few years. He is truly over. I like his music but disgusted by his behaviors.

It's no surprise how so many (presumably LGBT) posters are jumping out the window to defend him and attack the journalist but there's no smoke for a female artist at the slightest criticism.

The chickens came to roost and anyone could see this coming from a mile away in the 2000s but people love to complain about things but then support someone who's doing the same thing they complain about.

Hopefully he stays away from music and sticks to his second choice as wife and raises his kids.

His MJ imitations were the highlights for his career

giphy.gif

On 7/5/2022 at 7:03 PM, Mr. Mendes said:

He got older. 

I mean aside from The 20/20 Experience (both albums and the tour were stellar), I don't think he ever was as strong as he was made out to be, but I don't think he's declined for any other reason than he's just gotten older. He's 41, he's not gonna be performing like he did when he was in his 20s, especially because male celebrities for the most part don't take care of themselves the same way female artists do. 

Not an excuse. Women way older than him are performing and still pushing the edgy envelope.

Justin is a clear example of people realizing white mediocrity. He was a culture vulture who relied on black people to stay relevant. Look who created his original persona. Choreography. And without Timbaland Justin would've had zero hits.

Edited by Afterglow

a proper dragging. :clap3:

this man never deserved to be the breakout of *NSYNC when JC was right there. I’m glad ppl are finally over his lame Michael Jackson cosplay :cm:

Edited by yonsé

On 7/6/2022 at 2:59 PM, Aristide said:

Not in the entertainment industry. People's performance abilities, sex appeal, artistic innovation, likelihood of connecting with the gp all decline after a certain age. Do you deny any of that?

This is entirely subjective. There are tons of entertainers who are over 50 and still have plenty of sex appeal and performance abilities. 

Look at his dancing in the old days, he wasn't exactly the most excited or talented dancer. His success happened because he was just in the right place at the right time, not to forget how he surrounded himself with the best producers. 

Justin Timberlake - Medley: Let Me Talk To You/My Love ft. T.I. on Make a  GIF

Justin Timberlake | Theezy Knows Best

Music video justin timberlake choreography GIF - Find on GIFER

Dance GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY | Giphy, Justin timberlake, Funny gif

Justin Timberlake Moonwalk GIFs | Tenor

Edited by IVY

Bruh this man has been overrated for decade. He was never as great as people made him out to be, tbh. I never understood it.

3 hours ago, yonsé said:

This is entirely subjective. There are tons of entertainers who are over 50 and still have plenty of sex appeal and performance abilities. 

They're the exemption. Most of them have faded out and retired from the entertainment industry before 50. Rihanna, for example. Notice how no one is shaming her for her decision.

Edited by Aristide

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.