J.K. Rowling buys entire Macy Gray back catalogue after transphobic comments

Bimbo

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

No offence but you’re giving the trans version of an Uncle Tom.

JK Rowling, Macy Gray and members you’ve been agreeing with in here are transphobic and don’t consider trans women to be women at all. Stop trying to justify this.   

I dont agree with either one but the way you all are doing mental gymnastics in here to break this down.  No wonder you push folks to the right lol. I wouldnt be considered trans if i were born female..thats the whole point :psyduck: I am a woman, but am I also trans?  yes. Im BOTH. Cis women cant be both thats why they are their own category. As macy was saying. She just said it dumb as ****. 

Some define a woman or man as what you were assigned at birth. I, like others, as what you become. Its not rocket science and neither side is technically wrong. Its all opinion.

The argument only becomes problematic when it comes to trans women in female spaces. But i dont think macy is saying trans women cant use the women room or womens locker room. She just saying we are still seperate classification from trans and THEY ARE. 

Edited by FreeXone

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Bey Admired

• GraceRandolph

• FreeXone

3 hours ago, FreeXone said:

A woman to majority of the world is someone who is plaved as female on their birth certificate AT BIRTH.

Sis... come on. It feels silly to suggest that cis people are put through mental gymnastics by having to adapt to the reality that sex is not exactly how society imagined as trans people become more visible, and act like though that is unreasonably burdensome...... but then also do the mental gymnastics of acting like everyone knows what is written on everyone's birth certificates. :toofunny3: No one actually knows, they just have always assumed and trusted what they SAW. Because how people SEE and PERCEIVE people is how much of sex and gender is discerned.

There are millions of trans women in the world who could sit next to Macy on a bus and for whom she'd go "excuse me, m'am", not having the faintest clue that the woman she's looking at is not a cisgender woman. 

You're talking about how it feels like people are being made to jump through hoops... but Macy is quite literally putting hoops in front of herself. She will tell herself that what she sees by her own eyes is deception if there is some meta-physical and philosophical test that says otherwise, even if she herself can't by her own ability discern that information about people nor will she ever interact with people in ways informed by such. 

She's saying she's fine perceiving people as women for as long as she can live with the assumption that they are cis no matter If she can or cannot even discern who is a trans woman and who is a cis woman. The idea that it could be hard to discern is what clearly discomforts people but it feels like it should be encouraged for people to work through that and question why it makes them uncomfortable to no longer see cis and trans people as inherently different, not be enabled by right-wing forces framing trans people as the disruptors.

Edited by Communion

14 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

I dont agree with either one but the way you all are doing mental gymnastics in here to break this down.  No wonder you push folks to the right lol. I wouldnt be considered trans if i were born female..thats the whole point :psyduck: I am a woman, but am I also trans?  yes. Im BOTH. Cis women cant be both thats why they are their own category. As macy was saying. She just said it dumb as ****. 

Some define a woman or man as what you were assigned at birth. I, like others, as what you become. Its not rocket science and neither side is technically wrong. Its all opinion.

The argument only becomes problematic when it comes to trans women in female spaces. But i dont think macy is saying trans women cant use the women room or womens locker room. She just saying we are still seperate classification from trans and THEY ARE. 

You are being totally reasonable and I support you for being so. You are the kind of person that the trans movement needs to put front and centre and in charge of the movement as a whole, as I believe your opinions align with the vast majority of trans people. Unfortunately, extremists on both sides are the ones with the loudest voices. 

But again, thank you for your input and I hope you keep contributing to the trans debate in the way you are doing and don’t get discouraged from any backlash you may get because you are a force for good. 

I understand that there is a very biological sanctity to womanhood that involves biological key characteristics like menustration and bearing children and growing into being a woman from birth that effect women.

But Lynda Carter put it best that trans women are not an enemy or adversary to these ingrained notions. Most people perceive women who identify and present as women as WOMEN, and to target trans women as some sort of villain just presents yourself as prejudiced. You’re able to say you experience your womanhood differently without maligning trans women in the process. 

52 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

yes. Im BOTH. Cis women cant be both thats why they are their own category

I think the issue you're running into is that many people - cis and trans - do not share this breakdown.

It's not that trans men are their own category - they're just one type of men out of many, for example.

If you visualized it.., it feels like you're arguing:

Types of trans men:
- Trans men
Types of trans women:
- Trans women
Types of women:
- Cis women
Types of men:
- Cis men

But for a lot of people, it's just simple as:

Types of Men:
- Cis Men
- Trans Men
- Tall Men
- Short Men
- Skinny Men
- Fat Men
- Gay Men
- Straight Men
etc.
Types of Women:
- Cis Women
- Trans Women
- Tall Women
- Short Women
- Skinny Women
- Fat Women
- Gay Women
- Straight Women
etc.

And no, this isn't saying that someone being fat makes them a new gender or anything. :toofunny3: 

It's recognizing that our bodies and how we perceive them and exist within them impacts our experiences which then further impact how we exist and experience ourselves. I say this as someone with terrible issues related to body perception that in itself has over the years flipped between being body perception issues and gender dysphoria. 

Yes, the experiences are different, but that just means those are all then types of women's experiences or all then types of mens experiences or experiences of those who are neither. As someone who has settled in feeling comfortable as a cis man - *knocks on wood* - I do not see trans men as a different 'category' than I.

I am equally a man as any trans man is a man. Neither no more man than the other. My cis-ness does not make me more of a man in the way that their trans-ness would not make them any less of a man. We are both men because we identify as men and that is how we understand ourselves. My cis-ness is not where my manhood derives from. I am a man because I identify as one, exactly in the way a trans man would. Our experiences living as men will be different, of course, but in the way that many men differentiate from one another. But we're all still men.

Of course maybe I am being too bold and particularly a portion of cis women feel different about trans women, especially on issues much related to certain biological functions. But as a cis man - again, knock on wood ddd - the idea of arguing that I'm somehow a different category of man than what I perceive as simply other men who happen to be trans is.. odd to me. There is very little that I will experience and have experienced as a cis gay man that trans gay men could not.

Edited by Communion

On 7/5/2022 at 2:43 PM, Raphy23 said:

Who is Macy Gray? 

I just want to get some context behind this to understand what is happening.

One hit wonder in the 90s

I think living in a castle with billions of dollars made JK go mad.

Not JK Rowling using her “F.U. money” on this.

At least it’s good business because “I TRY” is a classic 

Edited by frenchyisback

21 hours ago, Communion said:

I think the issue you're running into is that many people - cis and trans - do not share this breakdown.

It's not that trans men are their own category - they're just one type of men out of many, for example.

If you visualized it.., it feels like you're arguing:

Types of trans men:
- Trans men
Types of trans women:
- Trans women
Types of women:
- Cis women
Types of men:
- Cis men

But for a lot of people, it's just simple as:

Types of Men:
- Cis Men
- Trans Men
- Tall Men
- Short Men
- Skinny Men
- Fat Men
- Gay Men
- Straight Men
etc.
Types of Women:
- Cis Women
- Trans Women
- Tall Women
- Short Women
- Skinny Women
- Fat Women
- Gay Women
- Straight Women
etc.

And no, this isn't saying that someone being fat makes them a new gender or anything. :toofunny3: 

It's recognizing that our bodies and how we perceive them and exist within them impacts our experiences which then further impact how we exist and experience ourselves. I say this as someone with terrible issues related to body perception that in itself has over the years flipped between being body perception issues and gender dysphoria. 

Yes, the experiences are different, but that just means those are all then types of women's experiences or all then types of mens experiences or experiences of those who are neither. As someone who has settled in feeling comfortable as a cis man - *knocks on wood* - I do not see trans men as a different 'category' than I.

I am equally a man as any trans man is a man. Neither no more man than the other. My cis-ness does not make me more of a man in the way that their trans-ness would not make them any less of a man. We are both men because we identify as men and that is how we understand ourselves. My cis-ness is not where my manhood derives from. I am a man because I identify as one, exactly in the way a trans man would. Our experiences living as men will be different, of course, but in the way that many men differentiate from one another. But we're all still men.

Of course maybe I am being too bold and particularly a portion of cis women feel different about trans women, especially on issues much related to certain biological functions. But as a cis man - again, knock on wood ddd - the idea of arguing that I'm somehow a different category of man than what I perceive as simply other men who happen to be trans is.. odd to me. There is very little that I will experience and have experienced as a cis gay man that trans gay men could not.

I totally get what you are sauing thats why i am said i am a woman and I am trans. Under the umbrella of woman I am trans. But i still think cis is diff? Idk how to say it propely I suppose but I do think cis woman and trans woman have diff. Experiences. 

At the end of the day if a cis woman wants to feel like she is seperate from a trans woman so be it. I dont feel the same as them either. But we are all Women if it makes sense.

Just dont come for my rights and disrespect my identity. 

Not the Donald Duck imitator being a transphobe too, sick. :biblio:

I respect her for standing up for what SHE believes in and NOT changing her stance no matter how much harassment, threats on her life and bullying she must undergo every day of her life.:clap3:

Why is she ruining her legacy like this? Why????

On 7/5/2022 at 2:28 PM, By the Water said:

Not her actually making transphobia her whole brand :rip:

Not her sales increasing as a result :rip:

On 7/9/2022 at 9:02 AM, kawk said:

I respect her for standing up for what SHE believes in and NOT changing her stance no matter how much harassment, threats on her life and bullying she must undergo every day of her life.:clap3:

THIS

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Because she's more transphobic than empathetic.

13 hours ago, awesomepossum said:

Not her sales increasing as a result :rip:

Thank you for confirming the world is a dumpster fire? :toofunny2:

15 hours ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

She’s a millionaire and still getting lot of money. She doesnt care about her legacy clearly 

That's it? I've checked and with singles included, that's only $275.26

How generous of her :bibliahh:

One would've thought she would do more to a comrade, apparently not. :fan:

She's effectively made hating trans people her entire personality. I imagine they're the first thing she thinks about when she opens her eyes in the morning, all she talks about during the day, and the last thing she thinks about before she closes her eyes at night. 

She’s such a freak

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.