Katy Perry dragged for hypocritical tweets on abortion

ScarletWitch

41 minutes ago, DesiredConsternation said:

Chile... the fire done feeted and the vultures done circled

Katy being somewhat obvious I wonder if she even knows his policies

I feel like these sort of dramatics are why democrats will continue to **** up the country. 

Just because she prefers one candidate doesn’t mean she agrees with EVERYTHING that candidate believes in. 

Rick would not be able to ban abortions in LA even if he was elected and wanted to. 

So this just seems like fake outrage. I truly think SJW liberals are the absolutely worst people on this planet and why dumbass republicans keep getting what they want. 

It's almost like people think everyone votes based off of ONE subject and not the entire platform. I really can't stand people like that. And liberals need to get a clue, as well as the democrats. Things like this is very performative.

1 hour ago, Ricardo1993 said:

Meh she’s harmless. I feel like people aren’t genuine with their hatred and criticism towards her. It’s very performative.

Katy's activism is performative. People are going to have a problem with celebrities who pretend to be woke supporting politicians who are the opposite of that. Even with Katy's small platform, it's the hypocrisy that bothers people.

---

They're not wrong. Katy isn't and has never been a genuine activist or has ever cared about actual social issues. Everything with her is about fitting in and seeming cool. She flip-flops on things like this all the time depending on the way the wind is blowing. Anything to seem relevant. :rip: 

21 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I feel like these sort of dramatics are why democrats will continue to **** up the country. 

Just because she prefers one candidate doesn’t mean she agrees with EVERYTHING that candidate believes in. 

Rick would not be able to ban abortions in LA even if he was elected and wanted to. 

So this just seems like fake outrage. I truly think SJW liberals are the absolutely worst people on this planet and why dumbass republicans keep getting what they want. 

10 minutes ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

It's almost like people think everyone votes based off of ONE subject and not the entire platform. I really can't stand people like that. And liberals need to get a clue, as well as the democrats. Things like this is very performative.

Well said! She's clearly endorsing him because her finances would be safe. Not something I admire her for, but still!

3 hours ago, Orsay said:

go against Marianne, it’s gon cost ya :psych:

Queen gathered ahhh

18 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Katy's activism is performative. People are going to have a problem with celebrities who pretend to be woke supporting politicians who are the opposite of that. Even with Katy's small platform, it's the hypocrisy that bothers people.

---

They're not wrong. Katy isn't and has never been a genuine activist or has ever cared about actual social issues. Everything with her is about fitting in and seeming cool. She flip-flops on things like this all the time depending on the way the wind is blowing. Anything to seem relevant. :rip: 

It’s not that I disagree with you but this can be said to every pop girl. Celebrities are performative in general.

Not that Katy should be supporting Caruso, but an LA mayoral candidate’s opinion on abortion means next to nothing. 

7 hours ago, Tasty said:

That's interesting, he's collecting celeb endorsements?

7 hours ago, DesiredConsternation said:

Imagine if he's paying :jonny5:

90% chance of him paying them and/or promising to maintain their millions of money somehow. Of course rich people will only care about their money.

While it is deserved, personally this feels like non-issue that will die down in few days due to how pointless it is.

15 hours ago, Wayfarer said:

So she has nothing to worry about

:rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.