Bette Midler turns into Jk Rowling, post transphobic tweet

DONTYELLATME

3 minutes ago, Miichael said:

Asking for women to not be referred to as "birthing people" is not excluding trans men :rip: What are you talking about? :skull:

i am not saying birthing people is the term that should be adopted from now on and should be the only one used i am just saying that if you simply state that if you use "woman" you are not referring yo everyone thats hurt by this at all, trans men can also give birth 

people go out of their way to look over trans people when they can and should be included in this fight 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Communion

• Brando

• Bey Admired

Another classic case of people being offended over anything these days

I don't see any issues with what she said :rip: 

Just now, kyliefever2002 said:

well even if its 500k, 200k, 100k does that mean that they shouldnt be included? 

it's nowhere near any of those numbers. get out of your internet bubble and go outside for a moment :skull:

The real number is around 1.5k vs 170 million women... that's 0.0008% of female population

like this small of a percentage shouldn't be part of a conversation let alone a fight :skull:

More faux outrage. She said nothing wrong.

I really don’t think this is comparable to JK Rowling, but I don’t personally use the super medical-sounding terms. We can advocate for transmen having abortion access without forgetting that 99% of people who need abortions are women. 

... don't see anything wrong with this tweet.

2 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

people go out of their way to look over trans people when they can and should be included in this fight 

honestly just no. see my numbers above. this fight should be focused on women rights only. adding anything else to it is offensive and takes away from the fight and makes it easier for the right to shut it all down. sometimes it's fine to just sit it out even if it technically applies to you 

Just now, Brando said:

honestly just no. see my numbers above. this fight should be focused on women rights only. adding anything else to it is offensive and takes away from the fight and makes it easier for the right to shut it all down. sometimes it's fine to just sit it out even if it technically applies to you 

Thank you for these posts

1 minute ago, Brando said:

it's nowhere near any of those numbers. get out of your internet bubble and go outside for a moment :skull:

The real number is around 1.5k vs 170 million women... that's 0.0008% of female population

like this small of a percentage shouldn't be part of a conversation let alone a fight :skull:

so youre telling me right now theres only 1500 trans men in the us? :skull: 

also why are you saying 1.5k vs 170 million? thats literally what i am saying ITS NOT A TRANS MEN X WOMEN 

also for example less than 1% of the world population died in the ukraine war, does that mean that the whole world shouldnt care about it cause its such a "small percentage"? 

how does saying inclusive language to trans people takes away from any fight, please enlighten me :allears:

17 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

Obviously this isn't JK Rowling level ignorance, but I have yet to hear a good argument as to why we shouldn't use more inclusive language when referring to pregnancy. 

^^This. 

There is absolutely no transphobia in her tweet. We, as women, are being erased, and our rights are being stripped away from us. We are truly living in the twilight zone. This is absolute horror.

3 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

i am not saying birthing people is the term that should be adopted from now on and should be the only one used i am just saying that if you simply state that if you use "woman" you are not referring yo everyone thats hurt by this at all, trans men can also give birth 

no, I'm sorry but what we are not going to do is try to act like abortion rights is not a women's rights issue, because it is. Of course there are some trans men who will need abortion access but I'm sure the vast majority of them have common sense and understand that this is largely a women's issue and they aren't being "left out" or "looked over". It's called nuance and in real life it exists.

3 minutes ago, Brando said:

Yes let’s simply erase trans men from society and conversations around their bodily rights because ATRL user Mr Brando has declared them insignificant. Please do go **** yourself.

She’s right and disgustingly rude to cis women. 

Just now, kyliefever2002 said:

so youre telling me right now theres only 1500 trans men in the us? :skull: 

also why are you saying 1.5k vs 170 million? thats literally what i am saying ITS NOT A TRANS MEN X WOMEN 

also for example less than 1% of the world population died in the ukraine war, does that mean that the whole world shouldnt care about it cause its such a "small percentage"? 

Yes there's approximately 1500 trans men in the US and that's 0.0008% of the "birthing people population" or 0.0004% of the overall population. 

No, it doesn't mean that those 1.5k people don't matter, but it means that their relation to the argument at hand is frankly irrelevant based on those percentages (even if it applies to them). going out of your way to insert that into the conversation on abortion does 100x more harm than good. it's fine to acknowledge that they are part of the debate, but there's no need to make it a centre point or part of any important conversation, let alone fight women over it and calling them offensive terms like menstruators and birthing people. 

I don’t see anything transphobic about that statement. 

Edited by Keter

How the **** is this transphobic? Go outside

Just now, Miichael said:

no, I'm sorry but what we are not going to do is try to act like abortion rights is not a women's rights issue, because it is. Of course there are some trans men who will need abortion access but I'm sure the vast majority of them have common sense and understand that this is largely a women's issue and they aren't being "left out" or "looked over". It's called nuance and in real life it exists.

when did i ever say abortion rights is not womens right issues? please point me towards it

also i am not saying this is a TRANS MENS issues exclusively 

like neither of those affirmations came for me or from anyone with any right sense

of course the number of women is larger than trans men i also never denied that but i am just saying non inclusive language is obviously not including a lot of people and yes many people do feel left out and looked over, if you care enough to live with trans people outside of internet you will see it for yourself :) 

@DONTYELLATME you need to change the thread title it’s misleading. 

4 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

how does saying inclusive language to trans people takes away from any fight, please enlighten me :allears:

there's no need for that language. it's offensive to women. imagine calling your own mother a birthing person. yikes. 

plus you all fight really hard to call trans women nothing but women, but then when it comes to trans men you also want to group them with women and cut everyone's throats over your ridiculous terminology. 

Yes there's approximately 1500 trans men in the US and that's 0.0008% of the "birthing people population" or 0.0004% of the overall population. 

No, it doesn't mean that those 1.5k people don't matter, but it means that their relation to the argument at hand is frankly irrelevant based on those percentages (even if it applies to them). going out of your way to insert that into the conversation on abortion does 100x more harm than good. it's fine to acknowledge that they are part of the debate, but there's no need to make it a centre point or part of any important conversation, let alone fight women over it and calling them offensive terms like menstruators and birthing people. 

how is fighting for abortion rights using inclusive language would make trans men a centre point in the fight? literally what you are saying does not make sense :skull: 

Just now, Brando said:

there's no need for that language. it's offensive to women. imagine calling your own mother a birthing person. yikes. 

plus you all fight really hard to call trans women nothing but women, but then when it comes to trans men you also want to group them with women and cut everyone's throats over your ridiculous terminology. 

once again, i never stated birthing person should be the go to term, ever :skull: thats is not the only inclusive language there is :) 

5 minutes ago, Miichael said:

I'm sure the vast majority of them have common sense and understand that this is largely a women's issue and they aren't being "left out" or "looked over". It's called nuance and in real life it exists.

this is what SJWs don't understand i swear 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.