Demi struggles to sell theaters

Anticipating

She brought it on herself. I know it’s not a big sample size, but every single person I know irl basically finds her intolerable now and doesn’t even care to give her music a chance. The diet food war, extreme wokeness, combative personality, and more really ruined her ? I feel like she should really work on her image and personality and do work trying to convince people she is likable again if she wants a career

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• sweetkiss

• Selenasworld

• Anticipating

well, this viral video sums up how the majority feel about demi.

Edited by popstyle

So sad. I used to think they are still yet to peak when SNS smashed. Only for it to be her last smash

Demi did some questionable choices that damaged her public persona a lot and this is the result. But her music is amazing and the tour still has time to sell out since the album has not come out yet.

23 hours ago, lovedaddy said:

bad music

annoying personality

horrible image

very unlikeable 

and that's that

If only she had stuck to the momentum she had with SNS… other pop girls have struggled with addiction and messy stages but Demi and her team handled it horribly, she must have the worst PR team ever (if she even has one). 

20 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

Some streaming points literally do not matter when thousands & thousands are lining up to see you live :skull: either way shes gotten several moderate hits in the last couple years. The point still being her celebrity figure is larger & more respected than Demi ever has been or will be, and swearing or having an adult image hasn't detracted from that 

This so much, besides Miley just headlined her biggest shows even in latam with more than 40.000 people in the audience.

Though this is sad for Demi, we can't look over that Balvin is also really struggling with his tour. Scooter really ended both of them. 

She may try selling biscuits jnstead

Im excited for this tour regardless. We have until September 22 to sell out the first shows :WAP:

-The single SUBSTANCE is coming out Next Friday

-Album coming out in August

-Rock In Rio early September with Bieber (one of biggest festivals ever, high profile event)

The era rollout will help the tour sell out.

There are still 2.5 months until opening day. 

On 7/4/2022 at 2:08 PM, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

I don’t think she’s trying to be mainstream anymore

Success is what she craves which is why she ran to Scooter. All his clients have signed with him to be a success story :priceless:

I feel so bad for them. I hope the tour is postponed after the album, as much as i think Rock is a good direction for Demi, their fanbase was a bit alienated. Should've released some droplets with the new vibe to test the waters first, then release the album next year depending on the response to these songs.

15 hours ago, popstyle said:

:rip:

You have to remember she never sent Teeth to pop radio soo many ppl don’t even know the song or era is happening. She also haven’t done one performance yet so too most ppl the Era hasn’t even started. 

20 hours ago, popstyle said:

ivymantics.gif

I used to like Demi, but honestly she’s not a very nice person and I think the GP has realized that. The few interactions I’ve had with her just really confirmed my suspicions.

9 hours ago, Power love said:

You have to remember she never sent Teeth to pop radio soo many ppl don’t even know the song or era is happening. She also haven’t done one performance yet so too most ppl the Era hasn’t even started. 

she had performed.

waiting for it to be a tiktok/streaming hit before sending it to radios has become the standard to record labels when you're not that big unfortunately.

---

about the OP 

people here basically summarized everything 

if u think about it, it would be weird and surprising if she was still successful. her public image has been an absolute disaster and this situation was inevitable. 

they've tried so hard since the beggining of the year to do a rebranding for her but her constant social media with professional photoshoots weren't enough as we can clearly see with her abismal numbers (not only tour, SOMT numbers are nerve wrecking honestly -- like 3m views on youtube in almost a month??? there's no excuses, what is this omg, i just jumped looking at it i thought it would be like 10m kinda of bad -- and that would already be bad for a lead single/comeback, but 3m in almost a month? WHAT) 

i do like SOMT as i always say here, have streamed it a lot of times!!!! but it gets "tiring" fast tho. happy she'll release another song soon. 

there's no way i can see her reverting this situation as i kinda feel Rock was her last shot. but she can still be ""Lucky"" to score a tiktok hit, everything is possible, 

besides that i don't see any other possible way.

and a tiktok will probably be a fluke and not create a momentum for her as we can see since CFTS was 100% useless to create interest about her. so this is pretty much it, it's that kinda of situation that fans just should accept it u know? hating on other successful artists makes it worse for her... 

Damn not less than 40% sold out wtf

On 7/4/2022 at 5:00 PM, Freakshowvato said:

Yeah I think that account is counting pit capacity as unsold/available just because we do not have access to the exact number of tickets remaining there, which is inflating the available numbers for some of the venues.

Touring data has backend access to live nation and ticket master. They have the exact number of tickets available. That's why the account exists (that and Pollstar acccess)

2 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

Touring data has backend access to live nation and ticket master. They have the exact number of tickets available. That's why the account exists (that and Pollstar acccess)

Oh I see.

Well at least they're gonna keep us updated, we have until late September/October to sell out. Also since the venues are on smaller side, it's highly likely they will.

We just need to wait for more singles and album release to help promote tour.

I also think the song FREAK can be a great promotional song, "Get your tickets to the freak show baby, step right up to watch the freak go crazy"

The date I'm going to is completely sold out tho :WAP: gonna be so fun to watch Demi sing pop rock songs live in an intimate theater :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.