Any fellow autistic people on ATRL?

ChapelHooker

hello.

i was recently diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. I was wondering if any fellow users here are also on the spectrum and want to connect? its a very difficult, isolating time so im reaching out. feel free to share your story, interests or struggles.

for the longest time I thought I had depression and social anxiety and was even treated for that, but a lifelong feeling of "being different", difficulty functioning on a baseline (including having to quit my job) and sensory issues made me re-question. now that im on the journey, so many things are falling into place and make sense: "odd behavior" from my childhood, my intense interests in specific topics, difficulty maintaining relationships and sensory issues. 

feel free to dm me as well if you want to. thanks. 

<3 

Hi there! 

lifelong feeling of "being different", difficulty functioning on a baseline (including having to quit my job) 

I understand you as I'm currently considering quitting my job because I just simply can't "fit in" and also I'm getting overworked as my boss and coworker are lazy and unfit for the job :cooldown:

There are many of us here so you'll for sure find someone whose experience you can relate to

I'm glad you're understanding some stuff about yourself  :gaycat:

Hi… I’m Asperger :heart: gladly my mom is studied special education so she knew I was an aspie when I was 3 and then I started treatment and got diagnosed at 4… it’s weird because I can be very social and things but at the same time I have my aspie side so on me tho so basically I don’t fit at all on aspie community and so don’t fit on the neuro typical community but that’s something that I’m very used to by now and I love being myself 

Edited by Julia Fox

I don't tell people this, but I am, I didn't know till later on in my life though. But it makes so much more sense now, i'm glad there are others on here too :heart:

As A Kid I had weird behavours wasn't normal

high school wasn't normal for me.

even now I struggle with adult life things that most people can do on a normal daily basic.

I still need to book an appointment & get diagnosed but it finally clicked this year (not long before I turned 27) that I very likely am :cm: I always knew there was a 3rd thing on top of my depression & anxiety, I just wasn't sure what it was, but all the pieces have been coming together for a while now.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I was on the spectrum somewhere. I had never considered it before but then I got with my boyfriend who is ASD and noticed a lot of similarities and quirks, that looking back in my life could definitely explain some stuff! I think more people have it than they realise tbh and just live with it unaware and untreated. I’ve kinda known something was up since high school because it started to become so hard to concentrate and fit into the school environment, and I had no real way to articulate it, I just started thinking I had ADHD or something but in retrospect ASD could make sense too. Really wish I had more clarity from childhood because I don’t really feel like seeking it out now because it feels harder to get diagnosed older :rip: I relate to a lot of stuff in the OP too but the older I get the more it seems to be making sense thankfully! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.