Several Killed In A Copenhagen Mall

katymysassqueen

A shooting at a mall in Copenhagen has left several people dead and at least three hospitalized, local authorities said Sunday.

One person has been arrested, Copenhagen Head of Police Soren Thomassen told reporters at a news conference. He described the suspect as a 22-year-old ethnic Danish man.

Police have not ruled out the possibility that the incident is terror-related, and an extensive police investigation is underway across the country, Thomassen said.

The shooting unfolded on Sunday at multiple locations inside Field’s, a shopping center in the Danish capital, he also said. Social media footage showed people running through the mall and heavily armed law enforcement officers on the scene. 

Eyewitness Joachim Olsen, a former Danish politician and athlete, told CNN that he was on his way to a gym inside Field’s when he saw large groups of people exiting the mall. 

“It looked like something, I’m sorry to say, like something you would see from a school shooting in the US, people coming out with their hands above their heads,” Olsen said. 

“You have people running out, looking for friends and calling friends and family members who were inside, some speaking to friends who were inside,” he said. “Old people with their arms around the necks of people carrying them out, their feet just being dragged across the floor.”

Outside the mall, Olsen spoke to a man who spoke to an off-duty paramedic whose arms “were covered in blood up to his elbows.”

“He wanted to go back in but the police wouldn’t let him,” Olsen said.

According to Olsen, security tried to get the crowds to move away from the mall. 

“At one point we were rushed away. The police came and said ‘Run, run, run, they’re still shooting in there.’”

Source Copenhagen Mall Shooting

What does ethnic danish man mean? Serious question, is it someone non white but who is danish?

This is horrible, the safest countries in the world are also being terrorised with guns  :weeps:

R.I.P to the victims 

Edited by Last Boy on Earth

7 minutes ago, Last Boy on Earth said:

What does ethnic danish man mean? Serious question, is it someone non white but who is danish?

No, it means someone who's white Danish (as in of Danish ethnicity)

Disturbing and horrible. I used to live right next to this mall and my friend works there, lucky for her she was a home :skull:

Probably a mentally deranged incel/school shooter fan, there's several videos of him putting a gun to his head uploaded on youtube.

6 hours ago, Last Boy on Earth said:

This is horrible, the safest countries in the world are also being terrorised with guns  :weeps:

R.I.P to the victims 

I think it means someone who is ethnically Danish aka white from Danish descent. I forget sometimes that technically white people are the indigenous ppl of Europe. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.