What caused ATRLs downfall?

Distantconstellation

Do you think atrl being too strict and not accepting new members made it half less traffic than say lipstick alley or certain subreddits?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• khalyan

• Teen Spirit

• ProudLBS

• Apolonio ₃₄

The owner is responsible for everything hes the sole reason the 503s keep happening

- crappy servers

- only accept new members once in a blue moon

- WPs for the lamest reasons ever

- the notification system doesn't work for certain threads

- half of the users are stuck in the past

Jolie’s Lips was banned

503’s, ppl don’t create as many interesting/funny threads anymore, and the excessive WPs/2 or 3 week bans for stupid yet harmless posts meanwhile a good majority of actually problematic members manage to still be here :thing: 

oh and lately the ads (which are fine just very excessive,, sometimes i see 4 huge ads before even getting to the first post of a thread) and that glitch where the reply box literally doesn’t load on half the threads 

Yes plus there’s hardly any community feeling in this forum, it feels like a forum full of old drag queens yelling at each other :rip:

Yeah, the moderation is too strict & it feels like anyone with a big personality gets banned nowadays. The servers & dated theme were the final nails.

Also, it seems like newer artists are under-discussed or completely ignored lately. It's really boring seeing the same threads about Gaga, Katy, Britney, Taylor, and Beyonce over and over again

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Jolie’s Lips was banned

This, it's never been the same since

3 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

- crappy servers

- only accept new members once in a blue moon

- WPs for the lamest reasons ever

- the notification system doesn't work for certain threads

- half of the users are stuck in the past

This. You cannot say anything remotely funny or even argue without some mod sending you a wp.

I think it also has to do with mods being stans, they should be people people who are impartial to any pop star.

Also, the forum used to be a lot more diverse, now it is almost all gay guys, and it is wack how they can post the most explicit things in threads about guys when you get a we for saying a pop girl has nice ****. There was a point a couple of years back where the forum was TOO explicit.

To me, the thread reset was the final nail in the coffin. The forum hasn’t recovered fully since. It what world do you delete everything on a site with a minuscule chance of it fixing a problem, and then it doesn’t fix the problem :toofunny3: so pointless

tones and i killed pop music

Demi Lovato...watch this be my last comment due a ban lol 

Miss 503 and the site reset.

Edited by ATWK

watch this thread get locked :deadbanana4:

i think it was the massive reset for 503s that did nothing for the website

some of the moderation for stan related wars are stricter now in terms of WPs and bans

- The servers are a mess and they deleted everything for what exactly :deadbanana4: 

- Nothing exciting going on in pop culture

Probably because is too restricted and it doesn’t admit new members.

in 2014-2016 the threads were funny and people had no filter, it was more genuine and fresh.

Everybody is aging too and seems like teens don’t use forums so maybe that’s a part of it too.

Edited by Trent W

Too restrictive on language in regards to cursing etc and the 503s. The site reset was completely pointless and I get that it was a hopeful effort to curb the 503s but EVERYONE knew it was going to continue regardless of the reset.

Mods being Beyonce stans. Always hated how they favored Hive members.

- +70% of the site being 30 year old gays stuck in 2011 (or 1999 for a certain major stan rivalry :rip:)

- Stan Twitter completely erasing the need for forums, thus ATRL having little to no appeal to Gen Z stans 

18 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

To me, the thread reset was the final nail in the coffin. The forum hasn’t recovered fully since. It what world do you delete everything on a site with a minuscule chance of it fixing a problem, and then it doesn’t fix the problem :toofunny3: so pointless

that was such an L when you think about it :deadbanana2:

It's way too strict. You get WPs for the dumbest reasons. I literally got a warning point for posting " :confused: " when someone told me to suffer like what even? How is that off topic but the person coming for me first wasn't? Oh yeah they were a Hive lmao

It was soooo much more fun in 2012-2016. Like who cares if someone posts mean things? Just clap back at them. If you need to be protected from seeing people dragging pop girls then this place isn't for you. For a forum full of gay men there is a surprising lack of balls 

Yep, whenever something goes against their narrative it gets WP/banned, it gets boring if there is no debate.

3 minutes ago, Jagger said:

It's way too strict. You get WPs for the dumbest reasons. I literally got a warning point for posting " :confused: " when someone told me to suffer like what even? 

:deadbanana2: 

there was a thread recently talking abt how Elvis hadn’t pooped in like 2 months leading up to his death and i mentioned a story abt how when i was on a smoothie diet i did a few weeks without needing to, and i got a 3 week ban

:deadbanana:like surely if ur entering a thread of that nature ur gonna expect posts around that topic ? :thing: 

Because the site still doesn't work properly. After years of waiting. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.