US gov & Pete Buttigieg ratioed for calling US a global leader on public transit

Communion

The transportation infrastructure in question:

Road-Deaths.jpeg?w=1024

Transportation infrastructure in the US is considerably less safe, less sustainable, and also expensive as hell to maintain compared to infrastructure in many other countries, but none of that matters apparently because "Americans don't want to be in a train with smelly people ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frenchyisback

• John Slayne

• Azulito

• GraceRandolph

4 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Road-Deaths.jpeg?w=1024

Transportation infrastructure in the US is considerably less safe, less sustainable, and also expensive as hell to maintain compared to infrastructure in many other countries, but none of that matters apparently because "Americans don't want to be in a train with smelly people ?

but there was a rat on Paris metro once so public transportation needs to be scrapped in favour of building countries like this:

FWmq0AiVQAAk3ze?format=jpg&name=small

32 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

https://t4america.org/2020/03/17/voters-want-and-need-more-transportation-options/#:~:text=The polling shows that 66,90 percent of whom agree.

:gaycat6: 

I mean look, it's your country so if you think it's perfect that's fine, but don't get offended when you get clowned online for trying to force your transport system from hell onto other countries.

If you are happy in your lil car good for you.

Now tell them how you’ll finance it and watch support crash ? 

even the richest & most liberal state Cali can’t finish his after 13 years cause nobody wanna pay for it. :rip:

Edited by frenchyisback

34 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

but there was a rat on Paris metro once so public transportation needs to be scrapped in favour of building countries like this:

FWmq0AiVQAAk3ze?format=jpg&name=small

Also honey, as long as I am in my car with AC on & blasting loud Mimi music, & being even louder my own phone, you really think I care?

At least it’s clean in my car. I like it there. And with all the self driving features I barely have to do any work. :celestial5:

My commute was 30min with metro (walk to the station, waitin for the metro, go 2 stops down in, walk a Final 10min)

VS 7min total with my car.

:rip:

Anyway, a car trip is much faster than public transportation on average.

Now show rush hour in dirty metro stations where females are getting molested & harassed 24/7, pick pockets rule & people are tight as sardines coughing on each other…

Edited by frenchyisback

37 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Road-Deaths.jpeg?w=1024

If you have less car and less people driving much shorter distances you’re gonna have less death. 

It’s basic logic. 

Good thing self driving Tesla is the fastest growing car company in the US and has already decimated  BMW & Mercedes in Cali.

i tried to buy one but the waiting list was 4month and they couldn’t guarantee no further delay. :rip:

We need more of Tesla & faster  :clap3:

Edited by frenchyisback

8 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

If you have less car and less people driving much shorter distances you’re gonna have less death. 

It’s basic logic. 

Exactly, which is why the US shouldn't be encouraging other countries to copy its car-centric infrastructure and suburban sprawl. Glad you finally get it.

16 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Exactly, which is why the US shouldn't be encouraging other countries to copy its car-centric infrastructure and suburban sprawl. Glad you finally get it.

ATRL love the freedom of choice involving life&death only for pregnant women. For the rest of us y’all consistently think the government should invade our privacy & legislate on our freedom of choices. It is very hypocritical. 

I don’t think the US is encouraging anybody to copy’s its car-centric infrastructure.

Rather the rest of the world (& the anti American left  which always sides with Europe against the US) is trying to bully us into being more like them with those public transportation pushes each time a democrat gets in office.

Most of Europe is much more urbanized. & you’re trying to impose your lifestyle on our more rural & much more spread out population.

France ended up with Yellow Vest burning down Paris every weekends for months on hands. We don’t want that here!

We have enough problems on our own with the Trump crowd thank you!

Edited by frenchyisback

No thanks. Arabian cities implement the US model of urban planning and they’re all terrible :cm:

6 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

ATRL love the freedom of choice involving life&death only for pregnant women. For the rest of us y’all consistently think the government should invade our privacy & legislate on our freedom of choices. It is very hypocritical. 

Your tirade against public transport and Europe is so silly because like... you do realise that people in Europe still have cars, right? We are just not as reliant on them. How are more free when you have less options how to transport yourself :rip:

1 hour ago, Codex said:

That’s not to say there are no pro’s for living in North America, like bigger houses, for example, but public transport is not one of them…

I mean nobody is arguing that the US has better public transportation.

My argument is that based of our continental size, we don’t need it. It would be too expensive and not as convenient as plane for people and rivers for cargos.

2 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

I mean nobody is arguing that the US has better public transportation.

My argument is that based of our continental size, we don’t need it. It would be too expensive and not as convenient as plane for people and rivers for cargos.

This is a false dichotomy since A) Europe is merely 10% larger than the contiguous US and B) the US industrialized through rail.

1 hour ago, DAP said:

This is a false dichotomy since A) Europe is merely 10% larger than the contiguous US and B) the US industrialized through rail.

Is Texas bigger than Europe? - Quora

Put 30 European countries into the US:

Map Shows How Many European Countries Can Fit Into the Continental US

And the population density in the US is half of that of Europe...

US is #13 in overall infrastructure with only 5 European countries ranked higher.

We're doing just fine.

Our air travel infrastructure, major port, freight rail & highways are a good fit for our needs clearly.

The left is crying wolf as always because they hate every American and love everything European. We been known!

Top 100: Ranking of countries according to their quality of infrastructure in 2019

Supplementary notes

The infrastructure score is calculated based on the following factors: road connectivity index, quality of roads, railroad density, efficiency of train services, airport connectivity, efficiency of air transport services, linear shipping connectivity index, efficiency of seaport services, electrification rate, electric power transmission and distribution losses, exposure to unsafe drinking water, reliability of water supply.

Edited by frenchyisback

6 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

And the population density in the US is half of that of Europe...

Yes the US and Europe are of comparable size. Glad we agree!

US is #13 in overall infrastructure with only 5 European countries ranked higher.

We're doing just fine.

Our air travel infrastructure, major port, freight rail & highways are a good fit for our needs clearly.

The left is crying wolf as always because they hate every American and love everything European. We been known!

Top 100: Ranking of countries according to their quality of infrastructure in 2019

And this is considerably worse from a prior WEF infrastructure study (2002) that ranked the US fifth among global nations. I wonder why. :celestial5:

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/state-us-infrastructure

7 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

nTBzJTU.png

FBn37NPUYAQ97HY.jpg:large

:oh:

2 hours ago, DAP said:

Yes the US and Europe are of comparable size. Glad we agree!

And this is considerably worse from a prior WEF infrastructure study (2002) that ranked the US fifth among global nations. I wonder why. :celestial5:

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/state-us-infrastructure

I only brought up size when associating it with density. Love how you keep ignoring the density argument but I would too if I didn’t have anything to say.

Watching ur list, Yet in 2002, liberals were already wolf-crying over horrible US infrastructure. :deadbanana4:

So your 2nd study confirming mine is supposed to be your ace in the hole? :dies:

Imagine comparing 2 studies with different methodology, both having the US near the global top and what you come up with is: but they are now a Lil lower on the list. 

Maybe compare lists with same methodology if you’re gonna make this argument?  Y’all are getting truly desperate. :rip:

Edited by frenchyisback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.