Adele opens up about postponing her Vegas residency

Nefertiti0

Has she always been this much of an a*****e or is this a recent development?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abrahamjmr

• Bey Admired

• More Than A Melody

• Shelter

4 minutes ago, Lille said:

Has she always been this much of an a*****e or is this a recent development?

She was humourous back in the day but never like that.

This is getting worse :deadbanana4:

If she has problem with the production team she would cancel/postpone it weeks earlier not the day before the event. I think something has happened behind the scene most likely related to her personal problem. Production and Covid-19 are only the distraction to cover up the real story. :gaycat6:

28 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

No wonder other legendary female artists like Celine Dion and Shania Twain disappeared, the pressure is just too much when the bar is astronomically high. 

Céline disappeared because she's sick plssss ?

5 minutes ago, ninetiesceline said:

Céline disappeared because she's sick plssss ?

Now she did, but after releasing Diamond after Diamond in the 90s she basically locked herself up in Vegas and stopped releasing mainstream music for years. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Link said:

Are people that obtuse not to understand she did this because 30 flopped and fans were harassing her about it? Imagine the amount of hate she got when people expected her to come with another career defining masterpiece and they got 30? 

She doesn’t owe anyone anything, if she doesn’t want to do this she doesn’t have to. She already proved her talents time and time again. No wonder other legendary female artists like Celine Dion and Shania Twain disappeared, the pressure is just too much when the bar is astronomically high. 

If you’re gonna use words like “obtuse”, then your post should at least drip in common sense. 

The shows were all sold out, what does 30 flopping (not true btw, no one’s calling 30 a flop, an underperformance maybe, even then certainly not in January 2022) have to do following through with a sold out residency commitment ?

30 is her quicker era ever. If she doesn't step up her game in the next album, things aren't going to be good for her. 

12 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

I am utterly incredulous at the level of English comprehension in here :doc:

I know English is a second language to many of you. However, for those of you with English as your first language, I am going to need you to read slowly and make a brave attempt at reading between the lines. I understand that not everyone is an English major, but that does not excuse you from not having a fundamental grasp of  English reading comprehension. 

When she says "…you can’t buy me for nothing", she is very clearly talking about TPTB pertaining to her Vegas concerts. She is not going to go ahead with a show if it is not ready because her fans have spent so much money on tickets, not in spite of it. Do you understand the difference? I do not think some of you do.

It is called having artistic integrity and a basic level of respect for your fans. 

Quite frankly, I am appalled by the ostensible lack of intelligence in this thread. 

and I am personally utterly incredulous and appalled at the level of condescending attitude this post manages to reach just to defend someone who has zero respect towards people who spent money to see them and is holding that money hostage for something that will most likely never happen

2 hours ago, Mr.Link said:

Now she did, but after releasing Diamond after Diamond in the 90s she basically locked herself up in Vegas and stopped releasing mainstream music for years. 

Well you're kinda right but definitely for different reason. Céline and Rene tried several times to have a child and when they finally succeded, they decided to take a break for 2 years. When she came back in 2002, mom duties still is her priority but she didn't want to just leave again so she took risk at doing vegas to still be active while full filing her responsibilities as a mother. But yeah, her last mainstream music was in 2003 then came back in 2007.

I’m not going to just do a show because I have to or because people are going to be let down

Can't believe this is a real quote :deadbanana: 

13 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

Adele is one of the most GP artists in the world. Adele Bruno Mars and Ed Sheeran are the DEFINITION of GP artists. Me being part of the GP (used to be for Ed, not anymore). Of course she has fans. Every mild celebrity has fans. She does not have an actual dedicated online fanbase.

She could sell 10M tickets in London and I'd still say the same. I'm not sure how this is something that has to be explained to you...

You must no have Twitter or Facebook then, places where you would see lots of daydreamers. Just because we’re not loud doesn’t mean we ain’t active.

8 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

30 is her quicker era ever. If she doesn't step up her game in the next album, things aren't going to be good for her. 

And this is exactly why she was apologizing during one of her shows. She thought she disappointed her fans when in reality we all loved the record. It’s her non-fans, not even casual listeners, complaining about her not releasing some dancey bop y’all could be twerking to in clubs.

RockStarShit101

all these pages and I bet most of you weren't even planning on going to Vegas to see her

you guys are just bunch of pathetic haters 

8 hours ago, Saintlor said:

Can't believe this is a real quote :deadbanana: 

i can't believe she said that :toofunny3: she's making it sound like she's doing some p!nk level flying **** lol

she just stands there in black dress with a piano and a chair .. doubling down, acting like an *******, not a good look ms adkins

3 hours ago, abrahamjmr said:

You must no have Twitter or Facebook then, places where you would see lots of daydreamers. Just because we’re not loud doesn’t mean we ain’t active.

Adele is the most GP driven female artist in mainstream music right now. Even Dua Lipa has a stronger fanbase and she used to be called faceless. I'm not sure what you're arguing here. It's not an attack or an insult. Being a GP artist can be a good thing if done correctly. Bruno Mars manages to stay relevant being a GP artist. I'm sure he has lots of fans, but he's a GP artist first and foremost.

And for the fans she DOES have, here's a sample of how they feel about the Vegas issue:

But no one is allowed to feel bad for the people crying in the comments about how StubHub won't release the $2000 they paid for their tickets unless she cancels and she won't even give them updates? Lol, just because she has no empathy doesn't mean mine is broken. Good riddance.

She shouldn’t tour if she dislikes it. It would save her time and energy from coming up with new excuses to cancel her concerts. 

This isn’t something new for Adele. It also won’t be the last time she does this. I’m predicting she will get pregnant again to get out of touring. 

She really doesn't give a ****

Y'all should realise this wasn't really a statement, she said this conversationally on a podcast and it's also not the full quote.

She definitely has a lot of empathy for the fans she screwed over and even said it ruined her life for multiple months...

Clearly she's a bit of a mess for this whole ordeal but I think the reaction in this thread is a bit far the other way.

She just STANDS there and sings....WHAT SHOW?

16 minutes ago, hardbrit said:

:cm: this. Pretty sure the GP expected her to just stand and sing. Ain’t nobody going to an Adele show expecting a Britney or Beyoncé choreography routine. Adele seems to be delulu. :priceless:

8 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

Adele is the most GP driven female artist in mainstream music right now. Even Dua Lipa has a stronger fanbase and she used to be called faceless. I'm not sure what you're arguing here. It's not an attack or an insult. Being a GP artist can be a good thing if done correctly. Bruno Mars manages to stay relevant being a GP artist. I'm sure he has lots of fans, but he's a GP artist first and foremost.

And for the fans she DOES have, here's a sample of how they feel about the Vegas issue:

But no one is allowed to feel bad for the people crying in the comments about how StubHub won't release the $2000 they paid for their tickets unless she cancels and she won't even give them updates? Lol, just because she has no empathy doesn't mean mine is broken. Good riddance.

Not 20 comments per post. :toofunny3:

When people on other sites are desperately waiting for her to set the new dates so they could go see her.

As I said, the way some feel ways about Adele and most of the times those didn't really get tickets to see her show.

4 hours ago, Fruity said:

Y'all should realise this wasn't really a statement, she said this conversationally on a podcast and it's also not the full quote.

She definitely has a lot of empathy for the fans she screwed over and even said it ruined her life for multiple months...

Clearly she's a bit of a mess for this whole ordeal but I think the reaction in this thread is a bit far the other way.

In fact, it isn't the full statement. She apologized for so many things during her show yet you have people like the user I quoted above making statements like she has no fan base at all or people haven't gotten their refunds. :toofunny3:

3 hours ago, hardbrit said:

Which is clearly difficult for some,  not everybody does that.

38 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

Not 20 comments per post. :toofunny3:

That's dozens of people who bought tickets to her residency. And that's her main subreddit. Not really my fault that it only has 6K subs... she doesn't have a big fanbase so that's sort of what happens. Most mainstream artists have subreddits with 50K+ subscribers...

Those are the most commented threads in the entire thing, outside of this thread

Which I assure you is not positive either. That sample is 10x larger than the amount of fans she has on ATRL so I'm not sure why we should dismiss that and take your word into account instead.

When people on other sites are desperately waiting for her to set the new dates so they could go see her.

As I said, the way some feel ways about Adele and most of the times those didn't really get tickets to see her show.

People on that sub are also waiting for her to set the new dates so they can go see her, even the ones that are asking for her to cancel the original dates. Perhaps go back and actually read the comments I linked, cause what you're saying makes no sense in context. Those people HAVE tickets, they actively support (some of them supportED) Adele. Your echo chamber of fans on ATRL and the few followers you might have on Twitter are not the reality of the generalized opinion. The backlash she got was mostly from people who wanted to see her or had tickets.

1 minute ago, More Than A Melody said:

That's dozens of people who bought tickets to her residency. And that's her main subreddit. Not really my fault that it only has 6K subs... she doesn't have a big fanbase so that's sort of what happens. Most mainstream artists have subreddits with 50K+ subscribers...

Those are the most commented threads in the entire thing, outside of this thread

Which I assure you is not positive either. That sample is 10x larger than the amount of fans she has on ATRL so I'm not sure why we should dismiss that and take your word into account instead.

People on that sub are also waiting for her to set the new dates so they can go see her, even the ones that are asking for her to cancel the original dates. Perhaps go back and actually read the comments I linked, cause what you're saying makes no sense in context. Those people HAVE tickets, they actively support (some of them supportED) Adele. Your echo chamber of fans on ATRL and the few followers you might have on Twitter are not the reality of the generalized opinion. The backlash she got was mostly from people who wanted to see her or had tickets.

So Adele does not have a fan base because there's no subreddit with 50k+ for her. Gotcha. :toofunny3:

She got backlash, no one is denying that. But you came here stating people hadn't gotten the refunds as if that was the case for everyone when I had read confirmations of people actually getting theirs and helping others to do so, same as those who affirmed they didn't want to get their money back and wanted new dates to see her instead. You're one of those who completely got what she said wrong and is acting as if she was slapping those who were going to see her in Vegas when she was apologizing and even did so because she thinks her fans are disappointed at her for releasing an album like 30, which is completely far from reality. But you do you, I guess.

8 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

So Adele does not have a fan base because there's no subreddit with 50k+ for her. Gotcha. :toofunny3:

She got backlash, no one is denying that. But you came here stating people hadn't gotten the refunds as if that was the case for everyone when I had read confirmations of people actually getting theirs and helping others to do so, same as those who affirmed they didn't want to get their money back and wanted new dates to see her instead. You're one of those who completely got what she said wrong and is acting as if she was slapping those who were going to see her in Vegas when she was apologizing and even did so because she thinks her fans are disappointed at her for releasing an album like 30, which is completely far from reality. But you do you, I guess.

1. Adele does not have a big fan base because she doesn't. The subreddit is one example of many. She's a GP artist and I've never seen anyone deny this, not even your fellow fans on ATRL.

2. I never stated that people hadn't gotten refunds. Go back and read my comments because I'm not sure where you even got this. In fact, I know people do get their refunds because I read the comments I linked, unlike you. I said STUBHUB won't refund unless she cancels. A lot of people bought their tickets via StubHub because they weren't able to get in the initial lottery (scalpers beat them to it). Those people are also fans, who also paid tons of money, and unless she cancels the show, they won't get it back. And for over six months now, they've been in limbo, no shows, no new dates, and unable to get refunds of what's a HUGE sum of money (money that is devaluing as we speak, as well, but that's beside the point).

3. She has not provided new dates, so I'm not sure how that's a point for you? It's JULY and she has not even given an estimate date other than "this year, I wanna have a baby next year" but guess what? This year has six months left and she's still talking about the cancelation without a word about new dates so...

4. I didn't "get what she said wrong", what she said was poorly worded and was easily construed as that... given the fact that 90% of the people who read her statements took them that way. YOU are giving her the benefit of the doubt and interpreting those words differently, fair enough, but you don't get to come for people who interpret what she says at face value.

5. I don't think Adele thinks her fans are disappointed by 30. I never mentioned 30. I have defended 30's performance on the charts all over this sub. I even got into huge fights DEFENDING IT. Don't try to gaslight yourself into believing anyone who doesn't have a favorable interpretation of her mangled statements as some sort of hater with an agenda, please.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.