Adele opens up about postponing her Vegas residency

Nefertiti0

BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs: [27:31] https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0018wxk

Adele still stands by her decision to postpone her Las Vegas residency, after cancelling all show dates back in January.

“I definitely felt everyone’s disappointment and I was devastated and I was frightened about letting them down, and I thought I could pull it together and make it work and I couldn’t, and I stand by that decision,” she told BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs.

"I don't think any other artist would have done what I did, and I think that is why it was such a massive, massive story"

Adele acknowledged that the backlash from angry fans was “brutal”. The anger left her feeling like a “shell of a person for a couple of months.”

However, Adele explained, “You can’t buy me, you can’t buy me for nothing. I’m not going to just do a show because I have to or because people are going to be let down or because we’re going to lose loads of money. I’m like, ‘The show’s not good enough.’”

“Of course I'm working on it! I’m not gonna update you if I ain’t got nothing to update you with, because that just leads to more disappointment,” Adele added.

Edited by Nefertiti0

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abrahamjmr

• Bey Admired

• More Than A Melody

• QueenofCopyPaste

She comes off so entitled and Karen-like to me.

this definitely made me dislike her and I used to be a huge fan.

how is caesers palace not on her *** to get this show up and running ASAP

RockStarShit101

wait, that ETCanada account is such a fraud 

it has like 388k followers 

but this tweet about Adele, a big name, only has 1 retweet and 0 likes and it's been up for almost an hour

and it's the same for their other tweets, too

:bibliahh:

5 minutes ago, Dr.Cake said:

How much does it take to put a show like hers together anyway? :deadbanana:

To be honest, tea. :toofunny2: All her shows are a screen, black dresses and a chair or a piano. :rip:

not going to just do a show because I have to or because people are going to be let down 

:doc: 

Her shows in London are fine so why is there a struggle with Vegas. 

However, Adele explained, “You can’t buy me, you can’t buy me for nothing. I’m not going to just do a show because I have to or because people are going to be let down or because we’re going to lose loads of money. I’m like, ‘The show’s not good enough.’”

What is this take?... I love you Adele but my god, I don't even know where to start with this

EDIT: Actually, I do

We aren't buying you but we are buying tickets to your shows and it's definitely not for "nothing". I'm sure people spent THOUSANDS on this. Her attitude is very brat like, "I'm not going to do a show because I have to"... wow. "People are going to be let down"... people ARE let down because you canceled with no further information?!

"We're going to lose loads of money", she says as if it's nothing. I'm sure you Adele won't see much loss, you have your millions but I can guarantee a lot of companies, fans and workers will have lost money.

The worst thing isn't even the cancellation, it's the fact there is no information about any dates. It wasn't even just delayed for a week. As I said in the other thread, if they just announced some new dates then fans may have the chance to reschedule flights and hotels for a small fee.

This whole situation I stg :deadbanana4:

Edited by nathanspears

Why is she over complicating things? She is not an entertainer. All she has to do is just stand and sing. :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

Adele girl :skull: 

How about you open up that purse and refund everyone who bought tickets. 

I’m just gonna say… if this Vegas show isn’t some extravagant, stunning production she ain’t **** 

You can’t buy me, you can’t buy me for nothing. I’m not going to just do a show because I have to or because people are going to be let down or because we’re going to lose loads of money.

gurl what the hell :deadbanana: 

Such a mess. The fact that she's doubling down instead of apologizing to people who lost money due to her selfishness... :toofunny3:

Mess I was defending her at first, but this is a complete disaster, she comes off as lazy and entitled 

56 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

She comes off so entitled and Karen-like to me.

this definitely made me dislike her and I used to be a huge fan.

Good for you. 

-

Thats fine queen. You make the best show possible and perform only when you want and are ready :clap3: 

I mean..she wants the show to be goo enough?
Isn't she just standing at one place and singing? What is she talking about

I feel like there is more to this story. Idk maybe she going through some stuff behind the scenes but either way I think Vegas was a mistake and she should’ve just done a mini residency in London and booked a stadium or arena for 20 or 30 shows. The world would’ve traveled to see her in the uk anyway. 

The way she has absolutely no regard for the fans who lost money on hotels and flights, or the employees who were suddenly out of a job… 

Girl no one cares about your losses (if you even had any). We are pissed because you screwed over so many people who are not millionaires and you have no sense of compassion for them whatsoever. 

6 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

I feel like there is more to this story. Idk maybe she going through some stuff behind the scenes but either way I think Vegas was a mistake and she should’ve just done a mini residency in London and booked a stadium or arena for 20 or 30 shows. The world would’ve traveled to see her in the uk anyway. 

She is definitely not being completely honest. She used covid as an excuse at first but it was not solely. Was just easy to say back in Jan 2022.

She’s best just not to show her face in Vegas again. She pissed off the unions, it’s over for ha there I fear.

My God, she sounds completely out of touch and egotistical here. :rip:

I love her as an artist, I have been to see her live and she is incredible, but the Vegas saga has been a PR disaster.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.