1.3M tried to get tickets to see Adele, biggest since 1996

abrahamjmr

“It’s so strange to be in front of a crowd,” Adele babbles midway through one of many motormouth banter segments. For her first public show in five years, what a crowd to be in front of. 65,000 of the 1.3 million people who applied for tickets – the biggest ticket demand since Oasis at Knebworth in 1996 – cram the barriers to the increasingly exclusive VIP zones, with Tom Cruise reportedly spotted in the ultra-mega-costs-a-kidney-platinum-plus enclave. There’s nary a glass of Lambrusco or a box of Kleenex to be had this side of Watford.

https://news.yahoo.com/adele-review-hyde-park-singer-091015760.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abrahamjmr

• bleuwaffle

• Nebur

• Mohit

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't she just do a stadium tour? There's clearly an extreme demand.

1 minute ago, Jude said:

She said she hated touring before, then she loved it and apparently she went back to hating it.

15 minutes ago, Jude said:

this, she could just do a quick 15-20 date stadium tour, 8 in NA, 8 in Europe, 2 in LatAm, 3 in Asia, 1 in Australia then spread it give it like 3-4 days between each dates so she could have enough rest

Edited by Kiss It Better

2 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

this, she could just do a quick 15-20 date stadium tour, 8 in NA, 8 in Europe, 2 in LatAm, 3 in Asia, 1 in Australia then spread it give it like 3-4 days between each dates so she could have enough rest

This

7 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

Omg true. 

The demand. :jonnycat: 

The real music industry strikes again :clap3:

but atrl told me her reputation as a live act was done for? :chick2:

the fact that she could literally do an all out stadium and even gross 1billion by doing atleast 75-100 big stadium dates.. but she is so lazy and thats why men like coldplay and ed sheeran are slaying the touring department

1 minute ago, Mohit said:

the fact that she could literally do an all out stadium and even gross 1billion by doing atleast 75-100 big stadium dates.. but she is so lazy and thats why men like coldplay and ed sheeran are slaying the touring department

it would be lucrative if she did capitalize on this demand and yeah, milk it for a year or two before focusing on her family which is what the reports say she's planning next. one large stadium run could guarantee her never having to tour on that scale again if she'd rather to stay lowkey after.

1 minute ago, bleuwaffle said:

it would be lucrative if she did capitalize on this demand and yeah, milk it for a year or two before focusing on her family which is what the reports say she's planning next. one large stadium run could guarantee her never having to tour on that scale again if she'd rather to stay lowkey after.

I think the best time to announce such a big tour is when she was releasing 30. Now the hype is kinda gone so idk... anyway I hope she plans BIG for tour when she releases her next album "40" after her second baby is 9 years old. :sadviolin:

1 minute ago, Mohit said:

I think the best time to announce such a big tour is when she was releasing 30. Now the hype is kinda gone so idk... anyway I hope she plans BIG for tour when she releases her next album "40" after her second baby is 9 years old. :sadviolin:

ehh i still think it'd do well if it was highly promoted. her appeal goes beyond her base, she's respected by the general public. she could always blame covid for the delay between album and tour? :michael: 

idk i don't blame her for not wanting to go on the road, it does seem taxing. the internal pull between wanting to ground yourself and start a family while knowing hundreds of people depend on you for employment, not to mention the fan pressure must be tough.

adele not being the biggest touring force ever just cause she doesnt want to do so :rip: 

2 minutes ago, Mohit said:

That's not laziness, she just isn't as money-hungry. 

Extensive world touring is exhausting (to put it mildy) and I don't believe anyone who says they actually love to do it.

They sure do love their $$$ tho. 

2 minutes ago, Oceania said:

That's not laziness, she just isn't as money-hungry. 

Extensive world touring is exhausting (to put it mildy) and I don't believe anyone who says they actually love to do it.

They sure do love their $$$ tho. 

But she doesn't even need to tour the whole world. She could simply book 10-20 stadium dates at the same stadium like wembley or hyde park and do a vegas like thing but at the stadium. Im sure they all will sell out. 

46 minutes ago, Mohit said:

really really doubt she'd have this same demand outside of the UK, Ireland and probably the US.

19 minutes ago, XtunaStan said:

really really doubt she'd have this same demand outside of the UK, Ireland and probably the US.

She can still sell out even if the demand is not this astronomical 

19 minutes ago, XtunaStan said:

I do not speak for the world but in Latin America we are obsessed with it coming easily it would fill everything as many dates as it launches in any Latin country

2 minutes ago, Nebur said:

I do not speak for the world but in Latin America we are obsessed with it coming easily it would fill everything as many dates as it launches in any Latin country

only latam country I can see her selling out stadiums is Brazil tbh, and maybe México. The other countries aren't really here for big female stadium concerts unless it's Madonna.

Adele should just book a stadium or arena in London for like 10 or 20 dates and call it a mini residency. The world will fly to see her in London tbh. 

6 minutes ago, XtunaStan said:

only latam country I can see her selling out stadiums is Brazil tbh, and maybe México. The other countries aren't really here for big female stadium concerts unless it's Madonna.

Chile, Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina would fill them easily, even my flop(inflationary crisis) country which is Venezuela, Adele's albums were all platinum 21-25 and my country there are acts that have filled 50 thousand people in two dates (this year), Adele can easily do twice that that if to say that my country has the most expensive ticket prices in all of Latin America, the other Latin countries would easily fill up too

Edited by Nebur

I just know the Taylor stans are pressed. :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.