Why does it bother Atrl users that people are into different kinds of guys?

Distantconstellation

You got people freaking out and judging a 20 something year old over being into a 19 year old but yet a lot of you sleep with 60+ year olds, so who cares? Just because you think its wrong doesnt mean everyone else will too. Im not into obese guys, just because one of you says i should be into obese dudes and give them a try doesnt mean ill change my mind.

A lot of you are very judgmental and think everyone should think and act like you.

Edited by Distantconstellation

why would anyone care if you are into black, white or beige, chola or orient made? :sadviolin:

I thought you were talking about race of guys they prefer, because its a very common narrative in the gay and stan world that you cannot thirst over White men because that means your racist apparently. And yes I see that being repeated all over and even here. But apparently you’re not talking about that sooooo idk 

Why do you care about their opinions tho? As long as someone isn't the obnoxious "NO FATS NO FEMS NO (add a race of your choice" type I couldn't care less who you're into. Other people like to dictate their values to others, but as long as you communicate rejection in a respectful manner, there's no need to listen.

Edited by The Next Day

OP's referring to my thread :rip: thanks for the promo and for defending me :heart:

What the **** are you talking about? :skull: 

It's not just ATRL. Everyone makes a big deal over age gaps, and I truly don't understand why. In my eyes, as long as two, or three, or however many people there are in the relationship are happy, that's all that matters. Older guys who like 18/19 year olds aren't pedos, they're just into younger guys. Also, as someone who was into much older guys at 18/19, I would feel a bit hypocritical judging someone for that.

There are, however, real pedos out there grooming actual kids online. That's the real threat imo.

3 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

It's not just ATRL. Everyone makes a big deal over age gaps, and I truly don't understand why. In my eyes, as long as two, or three, or however many people there are in the relationship are happy, that's all that matters. Older guys who like 18/19 year olds aren't pedos, they're just into younger guys. Also, as someone who was into much older guys at 18/19, I would feel a bit hypocritical judging someone for that.

There are, however, real pedos out there grooming actual kids online. That's the real threat imo.

There's a difference between an older guy going after someone who is 18/19 vs. in their 20s. They literally have minimal life experience, no exposure to making their own money or life choices, no access to legal drugs - it's a clear power imbalance. 

31 minutes ago, Great808 said:

I thought you were talking about race of guys they prefer, because its a very common narrative in the gay and stan world that you cannot thirst over White men because that means your racist apparently. And yes I see that being repeated all over and even here. But apparently you’re not talking about that sooooo idk 

no one says that - it's only racist if you ONLY date white men 

This sounds like an entry for your diary babe 

I don't think anybody cares if a 20 something.mp3 year old sleeps with another young adult :dies:

Why do you care about what people on ATRL think about you this much? If you know you’re about to post something divisive, then expect a plethora of responses. If you don’t want a nuanced set of feedback then don’t post your personal life on here. 

*Also no one cares if a 20 year old sleeps with a legal teenager since the age gap at most would be 2 years. :rip:

Edited by BOOMBAYAH

I mean I think it’s weird and creepy as hell when older men specifically only go for barely legal (18 and 19 year olds)

Why do you care about what we care about?

I'm here to tell you right now, it is weird and creepy to go for barely legal guys, borderline grooming at that point. Anything else is nobody’s business. 

Why are you so heated over this though? Close your computer, close your phone, meet some friends, suck 20+ **** and get on with your life. 

Where is this even coming from lol? Either way, once I turned 29 I upped my Tindr filters to be guys aged 25-40 lol 

3 hours ago, Bacardo Royale said:

OP's referring to my thread :rip: thanks for the promo and for defending me :heart:

Your sex threads are iconic :rip: 

I noticed that too.

People go :biblio: with me because I only am attracted to guys with longish and long hair. It's like don't see me saying gross to your buff or buzzcut men.

11 hours ago, infrared said:

There's a difference between an older guy going after someone who is 18/19 vs. in their 20s. They literally have minimal life experience, no exposure to making their own money or life choices, no access to legal drugs - it's a clear power imbalance. 

This. I don't understand what's so difficult to grasp about this :rip: 

And no, teenagers being into older guys is not the same as the older guys praying on them. The fact that the OP feels so strongly about this that they felt the need to make a whole thread about it just shows that they lowkey feel guilty. 

Like, can't you just find someone your own age? Is it really that bad/difficult to sleep with someone who's a bit more mature? A lot to unpack there, possibly even with professional help if you really can't sleep with anyone else but teenagers. 

I mean isn't it problematic to not allow POCs to like white gays? :rip: Let them be with whomever they want to be ffs

Jealousy maybe?:biblionny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.