Update: Ricky Martin sues Nephew for $20M after abuse allegations were withdrawn

Martyr Of Fame

6 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

Well it was with my older brother (over several years from the age of 12 to 16 - I later learned in therapy that what I actually experienced was sexual abuse but I always blamed myself for a long time) and this story gave me flashbacks! 

You have to laugh or else you’ll cry

3onY.gif

If anyone has gone through something similar, I hope you’ll find the help and healing you need :heart2: Unfortunately, I’ve never really healed from it and don’t think I ever will. 

The worst thing is seeing my brother with his wife and kids, meanwhile I’m bisexual wondering whether I’m really bisexual at all or whether I’m just a product of my sexual abuse as a child. That’s trauma for you, I guess. 

Sorry you were triggered by this. Sending you an abundance of love. I hope that, if not already, you don’t place the blame on yourself. None of this was your fault. You were a child. Definitely sunk my heart to read this. Regardless of how I feel about the topic at hand, that doesn’t mean I don’t believe there are real victims out there struggling and living with this for a lifetime. I believe you and I hope that one day you’ll be able to find that centrist place in which you can subside the triggers and lead a life of happiness and a leap toward survivor from victim. Thank you for sharing your story.  :heart2:

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• Martyr Of Fame

• Jude

• UThinkUrMovinOnBut

1 hour ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Sorry you were triggered by this. Sending you an abundance of love. I hope that, if not already, you don’t place the blame on yourself. None of this was your fault. You were a child. Definitely sunk my heart to read this. Regardless of how I feel about the topic at hand, that doesn’t mean I don’t believe there are real victims out there struggling and living with this for a lifetime. I believe you and I hope that one day you’ll be able to find that centrist place in which you can subside the triggers and lead a life of happiness and a leap toward survivor from victim. Thank you for sharing your story.  :heart2:

I don't know what the truth is, but the damage has already been done to his name unfortunately. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 5:09 PM, UThinkUrMovinOnBut said:

I just do not trust the legal side/aspect of stories like this. I was a huge fan of Ricky and do not want this to be true but things are not that simple and reliable just because there are official records. Judges can be bribed and courts can be corrupt. I mentioned Britney because she said that she had revealed her issues to officials, judges and other people outside her family and nobody helped her for so many years, which leads me to believe that the system can be extremely corrupt. It was the fans who started the movement and tried to expose that she is a victim, not the court or the judges, eventually the media jumped on the bandwagon but if it wasn't for her fans, nobody would have exposed the truth. In this case the nephew does not have such a following and the legal system can be easily swayed against him.

While that's true, again, you're taking truths and applying it to an unrelated situation. Your whole post is essentially speculation and not based on any facts. In fact, it's completely illogical. When you use logic, you have take the truth in the situation we're actually discussing, not applying truths from other situations to a totally different case. In Britney's situation, her own lawyers were acting against her in favor of her father and her team that wanted to use her to make money. That's not applicable in Ricky's nephew's situation at all. The nephew's ex-girlfriend successfully has a restraining order against him and it has nothing to do with bribes or corruption. The ex-girlfriend is not rich nor influential. And the nephew's case against Ricky didn't proceed because he was unable to provide evidence to establish the restraining order. They asked him for texts, emails, phone call history, etc. He was not able to produce any of it. This isn't a case of bribes and corruption.

With this kind of fame, money and power it is very possible that some connections have been used to save the accused

6 hours ago, ucanfma said:

With this kind of fame, money and power it is very possible that some connections have been used to save the accused

Another thread you followed me into. Seek mental health counseling. :skull:

Horizon Flame
On 7/22/2022 at 2:52 PM, Mikeymoonshine said:

I think people always misunderstand "believe the victim". It's about how victims are often automatically treated as liars by authorities, family, friends and communities. This shouldn't happen you should not treat someone like a liar for coming forward but you also don't have to declare the person they accused guilty. Support the victim and allow them to tell their story, you can still reserve judgement if the story seems off.

This story always seemed weird to me so I didn't comment on it. Dropped charges don't mean Ricky is innocent, it could just be a result of pressure idk. However the accusations were always odd and I felt like it was a bad thing they got so widely reported without even that much detail. 

So I have no opinion on whether or not he's guilty basically. 

Believe the victim is a misnomer because you’re already declaring that there is a victim.

On 7/22/2022 at 6:27 AM, Pop said:

I knew he was innocent.

Interesting how most people immediately believed this shitty rumor and yet an actual abuser like Johnny Depp has millions of crazed stans defending him. 

Straight privilege vs gay discrimination, a tale as old as time. 

And the Depp stans are probably the same people who attacked Ricky

edit:_ wrong thread

Edited by Sharapov

I'm not a fan of this decision but if that's his choice.

I hate when people put out public smear campaigns and then retreat. Not enough money in the world would change my mind but I guess it's his journey to deal with

On 7/24/2022 at 4:40 PM, Bey Admired said:

Well it was with my older brother (over several years from the age of 12 to 16 - I later learned in therapy that what I actually experienced was sexual abuse but I always blamed myself for a long time) and this story gave me flashbacks! 

You have to laugh or else you’ll cry

3onY.gif

If anyone has gone through something similar, I hope you’ll find the help and healing you need :heart2: Unfortunately, I’ve never really healed from it and don’t think I ever will. 

The worst thing is seeing my brother with his wife and kids, meanwhile I’m bisexual wondering whether I’m really bisexual at all or whether I’m just a product of my sexual abuse as a child. That’s trauma for you, I guess. 

I’m sorry you went through this. This experience is more common than you think.

16 hours ago, slw84 said:

I'm not a fan of this decision but if that's his choice.

I hate when people put out public smear campaigns and then retreat. Not enough money in the world would change my mind but I guess it's his journey to deal with

This wasn't a "public smear campaign." He filed a restraining order and the media picked up on it because it involved a big celebrity. He was given a court date so he could justify the request and provide proof. He didn't provide any proof so he didn't have any choice.

FYI - he has a long history of lying and has a restraining order against him so his credibility is low:

zgHadbF.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Espresso said:

@Martyr Of Fame Time for another OP and thread title update! :rip: 

Nnn, that’s certainly a choice. The nephew doesn’t have that money and all it’s going to do is dredge up the accusations again —when most people seem to have forgotten about it. If he felt compelled to go this route, he should’ve pulled a Taylor Swift and sued for $1 and a restraining order.  But what do I know :michael:

I’ll update it though.

What kind of idiot. :rip: I know he probably wants payback but the best way is to just cut off the nephew and make sure he never benefits from your estate. Don’t sue him for something he doesn’t have and you’ll never get.

Horizon Flame
7 minutes ago, Daydream said:

What kind of idiot. :rip: I know he probably wants payback but the best way is to just cut off the nephew and make sure he never benefits from your estate. Don’t sue him for something he doesn’t have and you’ll never get.

There are consequences for defamation. You’d be screaming that he was guilty because he didn’t counter sue. You’d be saying Ricky wouldn’t be able to answer all the evidence. Well guess what, he will. What this nephew did is disgraceful. He’s a danger to society. He could have gotten someone arrested. Ricky has children too. The nephew should be behind bars. Homophobes were using this story to degrade gays and calling for gay adoption bans. What the nephew did is beyond serious. 

Edited by Horizon Flame

Horizon Flame
On 8/8/2022 at 11:12 AM, Inverted said:

This wasn't a "public smear campaign." He filed a restraining order and the media picked up on it because it involved a big celebrity. He was given a court date so he could justify the request and provide proof. He didn't provide any proof so he didn't have any choice.

FYI - he has a long history of lying and has a restraining order against him so his credibility is low:

zgHadbF.jpg

He needs to be locked away. 

I’m fine with Ricky suing out of principle. He knows he’s never going to get the money. The message is clear: you lied on me, and now I’m going to make your life as hellish as it would’ve been if I lost the only thing that truly matters — my good name and reputation — to myself, my children and my family. 

It’s spiteful and vengeful, but I’m here for an example being made. If his nephew is mentally ill, that is unfortunate. But you can’t go around saying whatever you want because your illness isn’t being treated. There are still people who think Ricky did it, and that’s irreparable. Once an allegation is made, it never goes away. So there needs to be consequences for that.

Edited by JCsNumba1Fan

11 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

I’m fine with Ricky suing out of principle. He knows he’s never going to get the money. The message is clear: you lied on me, and now I’m going to make your life as hellish as it would’ve been if I lost the only thing that truly matters — my good name and reputation — to myself, my children and my family. 

It’s spiteful and vengeful, but I’m here for an example being made. If his nephew is mentally ill, that is unfortunate. But you can’t go around saying whatever you want because your illness isn’t being treated. There are still people who think Ricky did it, and that’s irreparable. Once an allegation is made, it never goes away. So there needs to be consequences for that.

this

Good on Ricky for filing the lawsuit. False accusers are the most damaging in managing sexual abuse/rape cases and they are a big part of the reason why many accusations by legitimate rape victims are not taken serious and why there is so much scrutiny on rape victims to provide proof and relive their trauma in the process. The nephew deserves everything he gets in jail. Good luck bish

17 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

You are always so wise. Tell 'em!

giphy-gif-cid-790b761114a8b4e79766ccca1e444d1394ea773dd9b82983-rid-giphy.thumb.gif.5be0c813aa17031c4eff2e1ad68cc907.gif

Good, make that messy dirt queen pay for all she’s worth. Leave her in indebted  for the rest of her life :clap3:

Ricky Martin innocent king - we been knew. False allegations are DISGUSTING.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.