Update: Ricky Martin sues Nephew for $20M after abuse allegations were withdrawn

Martyr Of Fame

Scream :skull:

Is Ricky going to sue the nephew for defamation after this?

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• Martyr Of Fame

• Jude

• UThinkUrMovinOnBut

I have no opinions either way on his guilt or innocence as there wasn't enough facts provided, but since when did withdrawing allegations against a rich & powerful person = innocence? Come on now, let's not act brand new :clown:

Edited by Khal

I hope Ricky is healing.

I knew he was innocent.

Interesting how most people immediately believed this shitty rumor and yet an actual abuser like Johnny Depp has millions of crazed stans defending him. 

Straight privilege vs gay discrimination, a tale as old as time. 

8 hours ago, infrared said:

I told y’all it wasn’t true but you guys jumped at the first whisper :rip:

This.

The amount of HORRIBLE comments that have been posted… people seriously deserve a ban for their behavior on this website, that’s scary. 

I mean, the nephew does look unattractive, so I am not surprised that this was all made up.

43 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

I mean, the nephew does look unattractive, so I am not surprised that this was all made up.

Ya’ll need to stop with this too ugly to be raped / abuse mentality:rip:  I get what you’re saying but I’ve seen people use this logic too many times to gaslight people 

Glad I stood up with King Ricky. He can do no wrong. :clap3:

Edited by Jude

14 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

It’s disgusting how everyone is guilty until proven innocent nowadays

Right. The fact you could have a nice career, family and reputation that you have worked on your entire life and some weirdo can destroy that in a heartbeat with some lie accussation :rip:

Edited by katara

1 hour ago, ontherocks said:

You are an idiot and so is anyone who made similar comments.

"Being unattractive" has nothing to do with telling the truth about being raped or not.

You are disgusting.

This doesn't prove he was innocent necessarily:rip: 

Wasn't his manager helping him hide these allegations for years or something?

1 hour ago, ontherocks said:

SCREAMING :ahh: 

Edited by truthteller

38 minutes ago, Legacy said:

You are an idiot and so is anyone who made similar comments.

"Being unattractive" has nothing to do with telling the truth about being raped or not.

You are disgusting.

The thing is, he was not a victim of rape or abuse by Ricky Martin. While you are right, attractivness doesn't play much of a role when comitting a sexual offense of any kind, his nephew had a long history of lying. Why would Ricky Martin even bring himself in such a situation knowing this when the nephew is obviously not even that desirable to begin with? Especially taking into account that Martin has no history of predatory behaviour 

On a sidenote: a personal jab at his nephew about his looks may seem premature, but that is nothing compared to the fact that his nephew has ruined Ricky Martin's career and reputation forever.

Edited by ontherocks

So do I delete Nobody Wants to Be Lonely from my library or nah? 

14 minutes ago, Lazuli said:

So do I delete Nobody Wants to Be Lonely from my library or nah? 

no, keep streamin Xtina needs it

4 hours ago, ontherocks said:

Sis this have NOTHING to do with it. Just because he doesn't look unattractive to you that may not be the same way for the other person. So stop it

19 minutes ago, Queen. said:

Sis this have NOTHING to do with it. Just because he doesn't look unattractive to you that may not be the same way for the other person. So stop it

Maybe you should read what I have posted afterwards. Puts things into perspective.

Edited by ontherocks

I think people always misunderstand "believe the victim". It's about how victims are often automatically treated as liars by authorities, family, friends and communities. This shouldn't happen you should not treat someone like a liar for coming forward but you also don't have to declare the person they accused guilty. Support the victim and allow them to tell their story, you can still reserve judgement if the story seems off.

This story always seemed weird to me so I didn't comment on it. Dropped charges don't mean Ricky is innocent, it could just be a result of pressure idk. However the accusations were always odd and I felt like it was a bad thing they got so widely reported without even that much detail. 

So I have no opinion on whether or not he's guilty basically. 

The nephews past lies on the record in court posted here certainly works in Ricky's favor in terms of anyone's skepticism that he hadn't filed a defamation lawsuit which would imply money was exchanged for his silence. 

In terms of career damage in the court of public opinion, I wasn't aware of any crossover English-language projects outside music he was pursuing but I do know he still had a solid career within the Latin market (just posted a new single music video that was posted here)that seems to have taken a severe hit if the posts here from native speakers are accurate, despite all the other stars rallying around him. (Again, not to stereotype, but culturally these allegations I'm assuming would be harder to shake in his native markets even as the case has been dismissed).

Not sure how to put this, but also at least in English-language crossover markets, the timing of this story during inflation, the Ukraine war, Japan-ex PM death, UK Boris departure, US insurrection hearings, and heat wave, and that he wasn't doing any big projects outside of his home market helped him tremendously. Yes, it was trending on social media and the damage is permanent with many younger casual viewers that wouldn't care to look up the case is dismissed which is sad but I think things could've been a lot worse.

22 hours ago, Mikeymoonshine said:

I think people always misunderstand "believe the victim". It's about how victims are often automatically treated as liars by authorities, family, friends and communities. This shouldn't happen you should not treat someone like a liar for coming forward but you also don't have to declare the person they accused guilty. Support the victim and allow them to tell their story, you can still reserve judgement if the story seems off.

This story always seemed weird to me so I didn't comment on it. Dropped charges don't mean Ricky is innocent, it could just be a result of pressure idk. However the accusations were always odd and I felt like it was a bad thing they got so widely reported without even that much detail. 

Exactly.

but ATRL ran instantly as Ricky being at Fault :ahh: yall have SUCH hatred for ppl

reminds me of how Tumblr made feminism extremist and now so many ppl think Feminism mean female superiority :toofunny3:

On 7/22/2022 at 8:52 PM, Mikeymoonshine said:

This. You can support the alleged survivor without tearing down the accused without solid evidence.

Ricky being cleared of all charges while people in here admitting they sleep with their uncles.

:toofunny3:

On 7/15/2022 at 8:31 PM, Bey Admired said:

The way this thread brought back so many memories

What memories?

:biblio:

23 minutes ago, Chris said:

What memories?

:biblio:

Well it was with my older brother (over several years from the age of 12 to 16 - I later learned in therapy that what I actually experienced was sexual abuse but I always blamed myself for a long time) and this story gave me flashbacks! 

You have to laugh or else you’ll cry

3onY.gif

If anyone has gone through something similar, I hope you’ll find the help and healing you need :heart2: Unfortunately, I’ve never really healed from it and don’t think I ever will. 

The worst thing is seeing my brother with his wife and kids, meanwhile I’m bisexual wondering whether I’m really bisexual at all or whether I’m just a product of my sexual abuse as a child. That’s trauma for you, I guess. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.