Update: Ricky Martin sues Nephew for $20M after abuse allegations were withdrawn

Martyr Of Fame

12 minutes ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

I have updated the OP, but not y’all acting like this was an acquittal, when it was just the nephew withdrawing his claims. 

“We're told Ricky was on zoom during the court hearing but never addressed the court nor did he make any statements. His nephew put a quick end to the case by saying he wanted to drop it”

Many factors could’ve been the reason why. One of them might even be that the claims were untrue. I don’t think this means innocence, but I also won’t hold it against Ricky. 

Isn’t it innocent until proven guilty? 

Of course not. It never is. The presumption of innocence and due process is a crock. These allegations will follow him forever, and is a stain on his career. So you’re right, it’s not an “acquittal” because he was guilty the moment the accusation was made.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• Martyr Of Fame

• Jude

• UThinkUrMovinOnBut

And now his reputation is damaged :chick2:

It’s disgusting how everyone is guilty until proven innocent nowadays

i was one of the people saying ppl were jumping the gun on this but ….

this new development is giving Ricky and him worked it out and maybe agreed to some under the table settlement for the nephew … it’s still just a lil weird

if Ricky were to not sue the nephew for defamation that would speak volumes about what potentially happened. there would be no reason for Ricky to NOT sue if the nephew’s claims were false.

17 minutes ago, qurl said:

this new development is giving Ricky and him worked it out and maybe agreed to some under the table settlement for the nephew … it’s still just a lil weird

if Ricky were to not sue the nephew for defamation that would speak volumes about what potentially happened. there would be no reason for Ricky to NOT sue if the nephew’s claims were false.

His nephew apparently has mental issues, that would be enough reason not to sue and also not wanting this story to stay in the news any longer.

The worst part is that a lot of people (especially on twitter) won't care, ricky will always be guilty in their eyes

he should sue for defamation to clear his name if he's truly innocent 

10 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

His nephew apparently has mental issues, that would be enough reason not to sue and also not wanting this story to stay in the news any longer.

i mean, if you're a millionaire superstar, what happiness would you get from suing your young-adult nephew with mental issues?

21 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

i mean, if you're a millionaire superstar, what happiness would you get from suing your young-adult nephew with mental issues?

It would convince a random gay on a forum that you’re innocent

The nephews story always had a lot of holes and it certainly doesn’t help that his parents and a friend of his confirmed that he has mental health issues. I’m glad Ricky is innocent and I hope his nephew gets some serious help because lying about something so intense like that is pretty ****** up. It’s not only ****** up to the person being falsely accused but it’s also ****** up to the victims who have always told the truth but are called liars because of people like Ricky’s nephew.

23 minutes ago, Attitude said:

I don't feel like this is the end of this saga tbh.

Agree, this is just the beginning for Ricky

1 hour ago, Ricardo1993 said:

The nephews story always had a lot of holes and it certainly doesn’t help that his parents and a friend of his confirmed that he has mental health issues. I’m glad Ricky is innocent and I hope his nephew gets some serious help because lying about something so intense like that is pretty ****** up. It’s not only ****** up to the person being falsely accused but it’s also ****** up to the victims who have always told the truth but are called liars because of people like Ricky’s nephew.

A lot of holes in this story.

2 hours ago, qurl said:

Um, no, choosing not to sue his mentally ill nephew would not “speak volumes” about anything. 

I told y’all it wasn’t true but you guys jumped at the first whisper :rip:

1 hour ago, infrared said:

I told y’all it wasn’t true but you guys jumped at the first whisper :rip:

Or it was and it was $ettled outside of court. 

I mean did anyone seriously think Ricky Martin was ******* his own nephew :rip: 

Why do I have a feeling that he is about to be MJ'd by the media  and despite the truth being out there that he is innocent,  in the next few years, he gonna get accused by some rando for their five minutes of fame.

Edited by Phaunzie

I mean the damage is done for him unfortunately.

But anyone who saw that pic of his nephew should know it was a lie.. Like Ricky just couldn’t get enough of… him? Really? ?

I’m not buying it at all. I believe the nephew just has some mental issues like stated.

20 minutes ago, XtinaStripped said:

I mean the damage is done for him unfortunately.

But anyone who saw that pic of his nephew should know it was a lie.. Like Ricky just couldn’t get enough of… him? Really? ?

I’m not buying it at all. I believe the nephew just has some mental issues like stated.

One photo of a person is not fully representative of them. 

14 minutes ago, UThinkUrMovinOnBut said:

One photo of a person is not fully representative of them. 

Of course not. But it sure makes it harder to believe.

Glad it's all clear now and sad at the same time for Ricky, cause the damage has been done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.