US Army to no longer require high school diploma from applicants due to low figures

Communion

Top Gun Mavericks :deadbanana4:

I think they should question why soo many ppl aren’t interested with High school diplomas diploma.

1 minute ago, Power love said:

I think they should question why soo many ppl aren’t interested with High school diplomas diploma.

What now? 

Wait, they required high school diplomas? What for?

26 minutes ago, Nano said:

Wait, they required high school diplomas? What for?

It's a screening mechanism. The studies found the high school graduates train better. A high school diploma is prefered over a GED by some services. The Army national Guard has a program for those who don't have a diploma or GED, allowing enlistment and then tutoring them through a GED program. The education requirements were instituted in the 70's when the US Army stopped the draft and went all volunteer.

Also this according to the dark web is why they are moving away from roe vs wade :gaycat1:

low income people grow up poor and go to the military 

Annnnnnd THIS is why a lot of people doubt how loyal the military would be in another coup attempt. They’re now openly recruiting the groups most susceptible to radicalization  

Great :clap3: Giving the opportunity for a steady job with an instant paycheck to everyone. This will especially benefit PoC in the USA who often have a harder time completing high school due to environmental and family factors outside of their control 

50 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Also this according to the dark web is why they are moving away from roe vs wade :gaycat1:

!!!!!!!!!!! I-  
:psyduck:  

36 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

Annnnnnd THIS is why a lot of people doubt how loyal the military would be in another coup attempt. They’re now openly recruiting the groups most susceptible to radicalization  

Oh wow. That’s a good point. :lakitu:

Awe, I guess the price gouged tuition costs in the US wasn’t enough to convince people to join the military for “paid tuition” 

A failing empire.

6 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Awe, I guess the price gouged tuition costs in the US wasn’t enough to convince people to join the military for “paid tuition” 

Excellent point!

15 minutes ago, Hallad173 said:

!!!!!!!!!!! I-  
:psyduck:  

ACB basically wrote this once in a review 

1 hour ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

You don’t need to be on the dark web to think that the RvW overturning is mostly a corporate thing, to keep population booming. 

1 hour ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

'according to the dark web' what does that even mean? :rip:

the military has always been targeting the poor for recruitment, so this is hardly a surprising revelation. yes lack of access to abortions will exacerbate the problem, but i don't think they orchestrated all of this specifically to increase recruitment numbers of the military. that's just a conspiracy theory that's way too complex and convoluted, they can just change the admission policy to increase numbers instead - like for example removing the high school diploma requirement.

republicans/conservatives have been anti-choice since ever on principle, i don't think the SCOTUS justices considered military recruitment to be the deciding factor in Roe v Wade.

4 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

'according to the dark web' what does that even mean? :rip:

the military has always been targeting the poor for recruitment, so this is hardly a surprising revelation. yes lack of access to abortions will exacerbate the problem, but i don't think they orchestrated all of this specifically to increase recruitment numbers of the military. that's just a conspiracy theory that's way too complex and convoluted, they can just change the admission policy to increase numbers instead - like for example removing the high school diploma requirement.

republicans/conservatives have been anti-choice since ever on principle, i don't think the SCOTUS justices considered military recruitment to be the deciding factor in Roe v Wade.

That was kind of a joke but

CLAIM: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett cited a need for a “domestic supply of infants” in a leaked draft opinion for a decision that would overturn Roe v. Wade.

Not military specific but this idea has been around for a while 

Edited by G.U.Y. Gaga

You're outdated. This was dropped after just a week and happened a few days ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.