Things to do in Dublin/Ireland

Oktober Knight

I'm studying abroad in Ireland this summer and will arrive in a few days. I was wondering what you all recommend doing there on my days off. 

I'll primarily be staying at UCD but we also go to Galway and Belfast for a couple days for class. I'm willing to travel quite a ways on weekends if something seems worth doing so. I'm a big drinker too, so any nightlife/pub tips would be great! 

UCD isn’t my university but there should be an erasmus society that organises lots of trips/events for you, at least there’s one in my uni. Make sure to go to the freshers or refreshers nights out. Thats the week most people make their friends (if you’re staying past the summer) 

Public transport isn’t the best so make sure you have a bus/train route before making plans outside of Dublin. Although Dublin is much better than other counties.

Edited by BTS

Have been in Dublin for a while but I don't have any idea either there are a few nice museums for sure and some nice parks. So far I think Ireland outside of Dublin is a lot more interesting.

Prepare for everything to be both bad and expensive. 

You definitely need to take a day trip to Galway—some of the nicest people on the planet live there, and it's so full of life. It's also very scenic and beautiful to take in all the sights while driving or by bus. Also, I'd personally recommend seeing the Cliffs of Moher while there since it's nearby. I also really enjoyed seeing the "Harry Potter library" at Trinity College and the Book of Kells while there. I wish I had done more, but I would definitely love to visit again.

go to the national museum of Ed sheeran :fish2:

21 hours ago, BTS said:

UCD isn’t my university but there should be an erasmus society that organises lots of trips/events for you, at least there’s one in my uni. Make sure to go to the freshers or refreshers nights out. Thats the week most people make their friends (if you’re staying past the summer) 

Public transport isn’t the best so make sure you have a bus/train route before making plans outside of Dublin. Although Dublin is much better than other counties.

20 hours ago, mystery said:

Have been in Dublin for a while but I don't have any idea either there are a few nice museums for sure and some nice parks. So far I think Ireland outside of Dublin is a lot more interesting.

20 hours ago, Stunnah said:

Prepare for everything to be both bad and expensive. 

20 hours ago, NickAurora said:

You definitely need to take a day trip to Galway—some of the nicest people on the planet live there, and it's so full of life. It's also very scenic and beautiful to take in all the sights while driving or by bus. Also, I'd personally recommend seeing the Cliffs of Moher while there since it's nearby. I also really enjoyed seeing the "Harry Potter library" at Trinity College and the Book of Kells while there. I wish I had done more, but I would definitely love to visit again.

Thanks guys! 

Any insight on Cork? 

I lived in Dublin for 3 years and honestly there's not a lot to do besides going to bars and getting drunk - BUT if you can travel around a bit, go to The Giant’s Causeway, Cliffs of Moher, Cork, even Belfast in Northern Ireland...

I was literally just there last weekend ? DM me and I can give you some good restaurants/pubs

The highlight of my trip was Guiness beer distillery. Definitely go there!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.