Why does everyone think Covid is over?

Breathe On Moi

Does “still leaving the house despite the risk of catching it” really mean “pretending it’s over” to you? I mean it’s obviously not going anywhere but like, do you really think young people will just continue to stay inside three years in for a disease that has a vaccine and now often just causes a respiratory sickness for a week or so? Not downplaying it at all, and long Covid is scary, but most of us spent 2020 and half of 2021 never leaving the house and don’t want to reorient the rest of our lives around not getting it when the risks of hospitalization and death are much less severe than they were then. I still wear a mask on the metro and the store (and increasingly get glared at for continuing to do so), but I do still go out and to concerts, I rihfuse to lose more of my twenties to it when it’s more than likely not going to literally kill me.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breathe On Moi

• Bloodflowers.

• MALAMENTE

• BTS

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s definitely not over as I tested positive for it yesterday! :rip:

7 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

So what are you going to do? Lock yourself at home? Its never going away. Get vaccinated to protect yourself from severe infections and live your life. 

Look if you don’t know how to read that’s your problem, but otherwise leave me alone 

It definitely isn't over but life has to go on. So either you choose to where mask and/or get your booster or stay home forever. I'm not even saying that aggressively but that's what it comes down to. 

9 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

I’ve had it twice and neither time was worse or even on par with a seasonal cold. I work in the medical field and majority of my colleagues who’ve had it have mirrored the same sentiment :michael:

I agree with other users saying it should be treated like the flu, in regards that masks are not required for that and things are not shut down as a result. 

I get it. Nothing personal, but i know many in the medical field that refused to even get vaccinated, so my opinion on how those in medical field see this is very mixed to say the least. 

glad you’re ok tho. 

22 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Everybody catching Covid while I am going to a bunch of concerts unbothered. The people at Lorde concert got Covid but I was fine since I already had it in March.

Bloodflowers.

You wouldn't guess the amount of people who blamed me for going to Dua's show just because I got sick right after, and in the end it wasn't even covid :rip:

11 minutes ago, Last Boy on Earth said:

I’ve been going to oversold music festivals and pride parades for more than a month and I’ve been fine whereas everyone around me as gotten covid. I probably got it as well but asymptomatic as per usual, I have an extremely healthy diet and routine which builds a strong immune system. Maybe start taking better care of yourselves instead of blaming others 

Thank you for your suggestions, they are appreciated. 

And for some suggestions to you: do all of us a favor wear a lil mask sometimes, and wash your dirty hands sometimes too. 

Because everyone is tired and at this point you should've been vaccinated anyway

12 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Does “still leaving the house despite the risk of catching it” really mean “pretending it’s over” to you? I mean it’s obviously not going anywhere but like, do you really think young people will just continue to stay inside three years in for a disease that has a vaccine and now often just causes a respiratory sickness for a week or so? Not downplaying it at all, and long Covid is scary, but most of us spent 2020 and half of 2021 never leaving the house and don’t want to reorient the rest of our lives around not getting it when the risks of hospitalization and death are much less severe than they were then. I still wear a mask on the metro and the store (and increasingly get glared at for continuing to do so), but I do still go out and to concerts, I rihfuse to lose more of my twenties to it when it’s more than likely not going to literally kill me.

Beyonnaise, I didn’t say to stay home. Relax. 

Got it this week (first week my workplace took off masks :rip:)

Masks are now BACK ON

original.gif

There's nothing we can do except get vaccinated :giraffe:  I only caught it after getting vaccinated, it was pretty mild so if I catch it again I'll survive. 

jRrJgLk.thumb.gif.26d90c85fbf7874be36186

I think because most people already get vaccinated + got booster too

But I always get my mask on everytime I go out though

jRrJgLk.thumb.gif.26d90c85fbf7874be36186

People are sick of being restricted after 2 years so now everyone decided to just live with it. That being said, I know several anti-vax and anti-maskers that got it and complained that they've never been so sick (like... DUH!). 

I still wear a mask at work and stay away from crowds if I can help it. 

RockStarShit101
13 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

People are sick of being restricted after 2 years so now everyone decided to just live with it. That being said, I know several anti-vax and anti-maskers that got it and complained that they've never been so sick (like... DUH!). 

I still wear a mask at work and stay away from crowds if I can help it. 

I stopped using masks, but I'm avoiding crowds, too.

1 hour ago, BTS said:

Got it this week (first week my workplace took off masks :rip:)

Masks are now BACK ON

original.gif

Masks are powerful :heart2: I only got Covid from taking care of my mom because she wasn’t feeling well but she didn’t know. It’s only after she tested and then we realized and then I tested and here we are. 

I just had covid 2 weeks ago & it was as bad as the flu bc I’m triple vaccinated. The fear mongering around it is crazy, sorry. If you’re afraid of catching it, limit your exposures & continue wearing a mask. Make personal choices. But should the whole world be on a permanent, involuntary halt because 99.9% of ppl are at risk of being in bed for 3 days? That’s ****** up. Life’s too short for the world to keep being so depressing. We need interpersonal attachments and community events more than we need covid protocols. My dad is 63 & has had 2 heart attacks & just recovered from covid no problem. The world’s not careless now, this is a correction from how overcautious & paranoid the last 2 years have been

It’s obviously not over, people are getting it left and right in my country but we can’t stay home forever, we must move on with our jobs/education with all the precautions while being fully vaccinated of course

Getting it can still be scary but the fact that the death rate has lowered is hopeful. Let’s wait for the upcoming COVID meds and see if they will end it once and for all 

I don't think people think it's over, it's more that we're getting used to it and the pandemic life seems like a new normality that we need to fit ourselves in.

Because they don't give a **** and most likely never will. I still wear a masks in all public places (unless I need to take it off to eat) and look forward to the next booster :giraffe:

3 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

I literally tested positive for the first time in two years two days ago. I’ve been feeling like absolutely ****. Thank god I’m boosted but this is the shittiest I’ve ever felt.

why is everyone not wearing a mask and waiting for Rihanna outside a barbershop? Why are they going to Paulina’s undersold concert with no mask? Do you know? 

I don’t think people think it’s over. I think people are just not worrying about it anymore. At some point life has to go back to normal especially now that doctors know how to treat Covid.

What would "over" mean to you? If it's eradication that ship sailed in 2020. In terms of precautions that ship also sailed in 2021 with vaccines. People will assess their own risks as we've done all our lives and move on. 

3 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

Because covid is a state of mind. It's all in your head.

This. Covid was literally never a thing where I live.

Bc the government wants to lift most mandates :katie: I still wear my mask where it's crowded

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.