Madonna covers Women in Pop Magazine / Janet Jackson also been mentioned ?

Lover

womeinpopmadonnamagazine.jpg

Issue 12 of Women In Pop magazine is here! We are so excited to reveal the cover star of this issue is the iconic Madonna

This year marks her 40th year in the music industry and across 10 pages we look back at her incredible career and explore the one aspect of her career that is usually the most over looked - her era defining, genre breaking, revolutionary, inspirational and plain genius music.

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/290792170_1395932317498189_2615953924675110044_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=WZPDX_TgCo4AX803Ak1&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-w-mINRfHH6dH_5z_jnYlxc97Jtg5ce6GHwDxHcuBvDg&oe=62C60447

Picture (or remember) this: there was once a universe in which no one had heard of Madonna.

There was a time before ‘Like a Virgin’, and ‘Like a Prayer’, and ‘Vogue’; before the sellout tours and the provocative interviews and the fashion we’ll never forget.

But forty years ago, in October 1982, Madonna’s first official single hit the airwaves, and mainstream pop would soon change forever.

It’s the perfect time for a highlight reel, decade by decade, of Madonna’s rise to pop immortality.

Join us as we revel in Madonna’s truly outstanding four-decade reign across ten glorious pages.

this 40 years of madonna anniversary is gonna be

MASSIVE

#madonna from Only 80's Gifs

Her album covers truly are so iconic. Just looking at them all like that the variety in colors, structure, and looks is so beautiful 

38 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Her album covers truly are so iconic. Just looking at them all like that the variety in colors, structure, and looks is so beautiful 

She really loves the colour blue it seems.

Hmm why aren't the usual in here?

Should I start tagging?

i’m here for a madge renaissance ™ :heart2:

It’s crazy how Madonna is managing to have a resurgence in her 60’s. Her biopic will definitely keep the momentum going. She needs to announce a world tour. 

Edited by MotoPapi

13 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

She needs to announce a world tour.

She should have done one in 2010 after Stinky & Sweet.

The most iconic solo career only behind Michael Jackson. Her music was discussed beyond charts and pop fandoms. The most popular female artist only behind Marilyn Monroe. 

Say what you want about her albums...het covers are usually iconic. And then there's hard candy in there :rip:

2 hours ago, Harsh2256 said:

The most iconic solo career only behind Michael Jackson. Her music was discussed beyond charts and pop fandoms. The most popular female artist only behind Marilyn Monroe. 

I don`t think she is behing MJ, at least at the same level. MJ was better vocally, had an extraordinary career, music over the top, he is the king. But for me M went much far than MJ. She had the brains that MJ didn`t have. She is more complete than him. I think he was very bad advised. If he had the brains of M, man the universe would be smaller for him. He was so talented, no male artist were or is like him. It makes me sad that some sordid gross accusations maked his career and legacy to ruin.

I wonder if her and Janet ever made ammends.

1 minute ago, FreeXone said:

the girls were fighting? what happened

2 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

the girls were fighting? what happened

Back in the 90s yes 

Iconique! 

2 hours ago, FreeXone said:

They never really knew each other but they haven’t said anything negative toward each other in almost 30 years lol

6 hours ago, FreeXone said:

Back in the 90s yes 

lowkey in the 80s too but it got really bad in the 90s lol. They made amends some time in the mid-aughts.

6 hours ago, HïFidelity said:

They never really knew each other but they haven’t said anything negative toward each other in almost 30 years lol

Right. Except Madonna made a shady remark about not exposing herself before her SBHT in 2012.

52 minutes ago, eli's_rhythm said:

Right. Except Madonna made a shady remark about not exposing herself before her SBHT in 2012.

she was asked about a possible wardrobe malfunction at the press conference and she gave an answer.

6:40

Those album covers look glorious in that magazine. So iconic, beautiful and vibrant...

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/290792170_1395932317498189_2615953924675110044_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=WZPDX_TgCo4AX803Ak1&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-w-mINRfHH6dH_5z_jnYlxc97Jtg5ce6GHwDxHcuBvDg&oe=62C60447

Literally an immaculate collections.

290792170_1395932317498189_2615953924675

8 hours ago, eli's_rhythm said:

Quite the opposite. 

10 hours ago, eli's_rhythm said:

9 hours ago, Lover said:

she was asked about a possible wardrobe malfunction at the press conference and she gave an answer.

6:40

2 hours ago, Swag said:

Quite the opposite. 

And then in 2012 she changed her tune. Your video of the Grammys was in 2004 and then 8 years later she said this.

https://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/01/28/madonna-you-dont-have-to-show-nipples-to-be-interesting/

Since that wardrobe malfunction incident with Janet Jackson, [the Super Bowl halftime show] have always been those safe-type performances. So have you mainstreamed or are you planning a naughty surprise or something?
Madonna: How about no to both of those questions? I have not mainstreamed and I’m not planning anything naughty. I’m planning something super entertaining. Yep, yep! You don’t have to show nipples to be interesting. It doesn’t necessarily mean you’re cutting edge if you do, right?

Quite the opposite indeed. And those were her last comments about anything to do with Janet and she hasn't said anything since. There used to be a rare youtube video of her saying that on camera that I even linked on ATRL before the reset, but it appears like it's been taken down, but many articles about it still exist online that even the Madonna fansite above reported on it back then.

EDIT: FOUND THE VIDEO

Also shortly after those comments, Mario Lopez tried to sneakily see if Janet would say something back in a 2012 interview by asking her what she thought about Madonna performing at the Superbowl, and she just said positive things about it. It's funny how some Madonna stans here pretend like her 2012 shade never happened.

Edited by Moth 2 The Flame

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.