Nicki performs out of breath, fails to move. Barbz suspect pregnancy.

Bimbo

???

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bimbo

• FOCK

• 6_INCH_HEELS

• El Chico

It’s interesting that she is out of breath all the time. As was mentioned, she was even struggling to walk up the steps at the MET and was completely out of breath during the white carpet interviews. 

That said, she’s never been a good performer. Entertaining at times, but not good. I don’t think she’s pregnant, maybe just getting older or something. Although Kim still kills her performances and brings the energy she did when she was in her 20s despite being 8 years older, also having had a child, and probably having similar physical restrictions due to weight.

Edited by Domination

Nicki has always been a horrendous performer.

I think she is def pregnant. Why would they book her for all these festivals and have her be so unprepared and out of shape? It's not adding up. Also her stomach was FLAT FLAT two months ago and now she's gained significant weight. I love Nicki but she's either pregnant or she's severely unprepared for these festivals. 

6 minutes ago, Musicmajor said:

I think she is def pregnant. Why would they book her for all these festivals and have her be so unprepared and out of shape? It's not adding up. Also her stomach was FLAT FLAT two months ago and now she's gained significant weight. I love Nicki but she's either pregnant or she's severely unprepared for these festivals. 

Her stomach has never been Flat flat since the baby. It's all photoshop and edited videos. 

I don't believe she's pregnant, I just think she's always ill prepared when performing and doesn't really care. She does not give a good show and that's fine. Her fans love her regardless. IDK what they expected. This is a woman who's nearly 40 that just had a kid. As atrocious as this performance was, it's her first since having the baby so let's cut her some slack. 

But that Anaconda on the floor moment was a mess :toofunny2:

She's always been a mediocre performer 

I mean, she's about to turn 40, it's hard to serve energy on stage for an hour or two as you get older + it seems like she put on some weight (or she's pregnant) which might explain her being out of breath

and she looks kinda bored in these vids -_- maybe it just was her bad day

2 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

If you watch a full set from Meghan Thee Stallion, you then come to realise how bad of a performer Nicki actually is. I wouldn’t mind if she could rap live but most of the time she’s out of breath and her volume control is all over the place :skull: 

I’m not even a Nicki hater either, I’m just being honest. 

3 hours ago, #Beautiful said:

yeah i went to the budapest date, one of the very few that actually sold. 5 hours late,

FIVE hours late? Wtf? :rip: 

7 hours ago, FOCK said:

She’s a mother, who hasn’t performed since her pregnancy. These are like 15 second clips from an hour long set at 1am. Nicki’s never been a dancer, that’s not her artistry or bag. So anyone expecting that can just find someone else to watch? 

Sis, I want you to know that no one buys this crock of nonsense. Like, most people recognize you as a blind stan that will weaponize anything in defence of this woman, but still :heart:

Not only has Nicki performed post pregnancy - she did come out at the Lil Baby tour date (unless you'd want to add the very specific clause of "Oh I meant first post-pregnancy festival performance!!") where she largely did most of the same (but marginally better), its doubly funny to see you talk about giving mothers grace when you + your fellow base spend most of your life trolling mothers, some of whom even performed (well, at that) whilst pregnant :toofunny2:

But sure sis turn Onika being an overall **** performer into some poignant statement about post-pregnancy expectations and gracious interpretations kfmdmd. This disingenuous, bad faith trolling is par for the course. 

Anyway, this was beyond awful. She should take notes from Megan, Cardi and Doja. 

Edited by Phantom

Mess if she is pregnant. Isn't her rapist husband about to be sentenced for for a year?

6 minutes ago, Phantom said:

a blind stan that will weaponize anything in defence of this woman, but still :heart:

Receipts? Or do you just say things cos you need them to be true for your narrative? 

its doubly funny to see you talk about giving mothers grace when you + your fellow base spend most of your life trolling mothers, some of whom even performed (well, at that) whilst pregnant :toofunny2:

I am part of no monolith, I represent myself. Which mothers have I supposedly trolled, in a way that's directly correlated to their motherhood? 

You're quite mistaken. And if you ask a mod to pull up receipts from OLDtrl for example, I sang Cardi's praises back when she was running performances like crazy while pregnant. I expressed how it was not easy to do, and that it was a wonderfully feminist move to be as unabashedly raw and sexy on stage, while pregnant. You don't know me & you don't know ****. :coffee2:

This disingenuous, bad faith trolling is par for the course. 

Yeah, your claims are.

Apparently it's "trolling" & "bad faith" to offer the opinion that a woman's body and stamina may have been impacted by pregnancy.

That's what's triggered you? Please.

3cOv.gif

7 hours ago, Arthoe said:

She was never a compelling live performer. When I saw her 8-7 years ago she was just walking around the stage, only rapping half of her verses, completely lipping every singing part in the songs, looking into the audience, screaming "what?" and "huh?" into the audience at the end of every line she rapped.

The girl behind me in the bleachers doing carthwheels with a blunt in her mouth was more entertaining to watch :rip: 

:rip: 

I stanned her from 2009-2015...she's never been a good performer. At best, she has a couple of decent performances.

I'm shocked about alot of female rappers being out of breath. I hear that often and it's weird how it's more common than not.

Poor barbs. Hyping themselves up all week, only to get that :skull:

4 hours ago, dabunique said:

Not these cheap excuses as to why she sucked 

if she had da dedication and talent she would’ve turned it out 

to use my b!tch as an example

Madonna gave birth to da antichrist I mean Rocco, and in less than a year she had done promotional club dates for Music and the Drowned World Tour

don’t use pregnancy as a crutch when other have done better during and after 

Yes and some while pregnant.

I think some are meant to perform and some are meant to sing/rap at talk show events. Mariah is like that as well. She's not a performer but she does ok in a more intimate crowd.

this is different because it seems to be all over the place and I don't get how you can be out of breath when you've had time to train. Breath control is something a few female rappers have struggled with and i'm not sure why

3 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

If you watch a full set from Meghan Thee Stallion, you then come to realise how bad of a performer Nicki actually is. I wouldn’t mind if she could rap live but most of the time she’s out of breath and her volume control is all over the place :skull: 

I’m not even a Nicki hater either, I’m just being honest. 

Doja and Meg really give their all in their performances 

8 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Receipts? Or do you just say things cos you need them to be true for your narrative? 

Lol we've had these conversations before on quite a few threads. But okay girl, act fresh! 

Plus, saying anything to defend Nicki is more of your thing. :michael:

I actually wish I could get to the OldTRL receipts, and asking a mod to "pull them up" is not going to happen because they don't have that access, which I think you know as well. :coffee2:This blatant revisionism is :deadbanana2:

8 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Apparently it's "trolling" & "bad faith" to offer the opinion that a woman's body and stamina may have been impacted by pregnancy.

It's a weird, troll-y and patronising "opinion" especially when it's used as a cover to talk about someone who has never been a good performer, something you yourself note. It didn't "trigger" me, but it's bad faith as hell and as someone who has a lot of female friends who went back into their (physically demanding) fields of work after delivering, it's a smug talking point that I've heard too often. 

Was Nicki ever performing up a storm pre-pregnancy, sis?

Edited by Phantom

some of y’all lying she wasn’t always a bad performer :rip:

she got lazy sometime after TPP era and just never came back from it. 

it’s kinda sad tho seeing how much barbz were hyping this up for her to give nothing.

Stiff & out of breath oh wow :rip:

Didn’t Bey performed with hard choreo during early stages of her pregnancy? Obviously they’re not on the same level as of dancing but i doubt this would stop Nicki from doing the bare minimum. She just seems over it

12 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Lol we've had these conversations before on quite a few threads. But okay girl, act fresh! 

Plus, saying anything to defend Nicki is more of your thing. :michael:

I actually wish I could get to the OldTRL receipts, and asking a mod to "pull them up" is not going to happen because they don't have that access, which I think you know as well. :coffee2: This blatant revisionism is :deadbanana2:

It's a weird, troll-y and patronising "opinion" especially when it's used as a cover to talk about someone who has never been a good performer, something you yourself note. It didn't "trigger" me, but it's bad faith as hell and as someone who has a lot of female friends who went back into their (physically demanding) fields of work after delivering, it's a smug talking point that I've heard too often. 

Was Nicki ever performing up a storm pre-pregnancy, sis?

So, all these claims about me supposedly harassing mothers, and zero to show for it? lol. I actually make very concerted efforts not to critique someones physicality on here. The only thing that comes close, is maybe quoting Nicki's surgery lyric in base. 

I said in my post she was never a dancer. So what point are you trying to make?

I offered an opinion. You offer yours. You're trying to make it seem like acknowledging that a woman's body can change, in a thread clearly titled and designed to mock a woman's physicality, is somehow smug or demeaning to other women? You realise how deranged that sounds? 

Great for your "lots of female friends". Not every experience is the same. 

Edited by FOCK

1 minute ago, FOCK said:

... I said a) revisionism and stated b) why the receipts are not accessible, and that your singing Cardis "praise" is... Hm. I've addressed it. Fun how you skirted around having had these convos before. Nice. 

But coming to the point (overall) that language implying pregnancy/motherhood is some barrier reads a bit demeaning in this context. Of course no one's saying bodies don't change?

You would not have been quoted if Nicki Minaj was known for incredible performances, rapping or dancing before her pregnancy. Who said anything about dancing? :rip:

Do you not see how in light of the above it reads a bit like scapegoating motherhood? And to some degree many other stanbases do this as well. And lmao no one said they need to have the same experience - why are you speaking as if you know what Nicki’s experience is :deadbanana:

2 minutes ago, Phantom said:

... I said a) revisionism and stated b) why the receipts are not accessible, and that your singing Cardis "praise" is... Hm. I've addressed it. Fun how you skirted around having had these convos before. Nice. 

If any prior "conversations" with you have been this pointless, I'm glad I don't recall them. I don't mention you. Don't quote you. Don't at you. 

2 minutes ago, Phantom said:

But coming to the point (overall) that language implying pregnancy/motherhood is some barrier reads a bit demeaning in this context. Of course no one's saying bodies don't change?

The context:

*Thread making fun of a woman's body and mobility, alleging she's pregnant.*

My response: Childbirth can impact a woman's body. 

But my response is the one you label "demeaning"? 

You're wholly unserious. I'm done. 

2218bfdfba064e3f3a7a9d2c2554d0df.gif

23 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Didn’t Bey performed with hard choreo during early stages of her pregnancy? Obviously they’re not on the same level as of dancing but i doubt this would stop Nicki from doing the bare minimum. She just seems over it

Yes. Even Cardi was months pregnant during these performances:

She’s always been a garbage live performer but now with the weight gain, it’s become even harder for to perform live. She can barely get through one song w/o losing her breath.

There’s a video of her rolling on the ground and she was barely able to get back up and just kept rolling. :rip:

1 hour ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Her stomach has never been Flat flat since the baby. It's all photoshop and edited videos. 

I don't believe she's pregnant, I just think she's always ill prepared when performing and doesn't really care. She does not give a good show and that's fine. Her fans love her regardless. IDK what they expected. This is a woman who's nearly 40 that just had a kid. As atrocious as this performance was, it's her first since having the baby so let's cut her some slack. 

But that Anaconda on the floor moment was a mess :toofunny2:

Yeah all of her photos & videos are heavily edited, she does not look like that irl. And that’s also why I she barely steps out of the house.

But tbh she should embrace the weight gain and be more confident. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.