Do you guys think TikTok will be over in 2 years or so?

Distantconstellation

After seeing so many people at vidcon doing meet and greets and literally no one showing up to their meet and greet it really puts into perspective. Having 1 million on tiktok is not the same as 1 million on youtube or instagram

I see tiktok going the way of Vine in the next 2 years. 

Possibly with the youth, but, suburban Facebook moms have discovered it and posting their casserole recipes on there, so it’s here to stay :nicole:

no. maybe in 3-5 tho. tiktok is the new youtube for quick and easy videos. WHEN TIKTOK MAKES TV SHOWS/MOVIES...then itll be questionable

Not over completely but there will be a very massive decline within the next years.

One of the metaverse’s companies are creating will probably going to take over in the next 2-3 years and dominate social media.

About what you said, 1m followers in instagram or YouTube are a lot more valuable than on tik tok, most companies know this.

Edited by Trent W

Nah, I don't see it over anytime soon. Maybe in 5-7 years but 2 is basically impossible as it still hasn't peaked yet

It’s the future of social media. It will take a Instagram trajectory and become the standard. Real-time Live social media apps will rollout before the end of the year. We will soon be connected by data even more

I pray every single day

Til Tok is still growing through I don’t see it stopping anytime soon 

I can see it being over in the us considering that it’s been information coming out that China is taking people data. The us can declare it a cyber security threat and ban it in the US the same way India banned it. However, it won’t ban it until a new company or one of the already large tech company has a guaranteed replacer. 

No. It's very different from Vine because Vine was limited to 7(?) sec videos and only appealed to a niche audience. On TikTok you can do basically anything. It's probably gonna last as long as Instagram did. There's a reason why EVERY single platform (including YouTube) has been copying TikTok's formula

I don't think so. TikTok will be irrelevant someday but definitely not within two years. I don't think VidCon is a very good metric of its success since most people go to VidCon for YouTubers instead of TikTokers anyway.

I'm old enough to remember people in 2009 saying Twitter wouldn't last a year because "who cares about tweeting what you're doing"?

TikTok's algorithm makes it really hard to gain actual supporters. It's easy to gain followers who will just scroll & like your content but people who will actually pay to see you? No way.

That being said I think it's the future & it's likely not going anywhere anytime soon. 

Edited by Billionaire

4 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

TikTok's algorithm makes it really hard to gain actual supporters. It's easy to gain followers who will just scroll & like you content but people who will actually pay to see you? No way.

Basically this. TikTok followers are basically equivalent to 1/10 of a YouTube subscriber. :toofunny3:

I feel like it's here to stay. It's way too powerful and people like posting content and it's the perfect platform for such 

God I hope so. It's literally rotting my friends' brains 

No. I see Insta fading before TikTok. TikTok is only going to continue to grow but tbh I liked it better back in the day in 2019 and early 2020 when it was big but nearly as big as it is today. It’s diff these days compared to what it was back then. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.