Artists who have got better with their albums?

MadMax12

Which artists do you think have improved and got better with their albums? I would say Taylor, Marina and Gaga (despite her commercial decline)

Ariana

Rihanna

Beyoncé

Nicki

7 minutes ago, MadMax12 said:

Which artists do you think have improved and got better with their albums? I would say Taylor, Marina and Gaga (despite her commercial decline)

Not Gaga :bibliahh:

OT : Taylor, Billie (So Far), Selena (Rare >>> Revival), and Isyana Sarasvati (Indonesian Artist) 

Ariana got better with each release and then ruined it with Positions

Selena, for me Rare (deluxe) > Revival > Stars Dance = WTSGD > AYWR > K&T

revival is a way better era ofc but i like more Rare album, her only downfall was from droplets to Rare cuz droplets are her artistic peak, but it didnt have an album so….

Beyoncé, Taylor, Rihanna and The Weeknd (if we're only talking about studio albums)

Imagine Dragons, at least for me. I don't think it's been a consistent climb (as you can see from my rankings) but I think their current album is already the best material they've put out and this is before the second part releases on Friday. 

1. Mercury (5th album)
2. Smoke + Mirrors (2nd album)
3. Night Visions (1st album)

4. Evolve (3rd album)
5. Origins (4th album) 

Maybe Selena but Rare was down step from what she was serving On Revival it was perfect pop album!

And maybe Ava if she could top somehow her debut album 

Paramore.

Not Gaga wtf. TFM & BTW were her peak of quality and it all went downhill from there with the exception of one song (Shallow) 

Ariana obviously, her discography is cut in a half, when she didn't have artistic freedom and when she achieved it with Sweetener, and you can clearly see how authentic/inauthentic each album is, other than the production and vocal production which improved immensely. 

Adele

30 > 25 > 21 > 19 

also low key ariana but she ruined the streak with positions

5 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Adele

30 > 25 > 21 > 19 

is it CRACK?

21 >> 19 >>>>>>>> 25 >>>>>>> 30

Rihanna, Beyoncé & Taylor 

1 hour ago, Love Again said:

Ariana got better with each release and then ruined it with Positions

Fr.

OT: Billie, Rihanna, Lorde (until SP but it is still such an amazing album)

RockStarShit101

Anti was nothing special for me as a navy (don't come at me)

I actually prefer unapologetic over anti 

also, rated r, is her best album in terms of themes 

so I want to say that rih didn't get better with albums because she was a hit-and-miss kinda of artist

I can’t really say Taylor because I think her Fearless-1989 streak was her best.  Reputation and Lover were low points.  We shall see what TS10 is like

Ill go with Ariana.  Positions is my favorite album of hers followed by TUN.  

Taylor :sistrens:

Taylor is interesting because her “country phase” (1-4) kept getting better with each album, but her “pop phase” (5-7) kept getting worse with each album. Then she released folklore and evermore, which are her best albums. 

Beyoncé’s last 3 albums stomp her first 3.

Madonna kept levelling up from her debut through Ray of Light. My personal ranking of them isn’t quite the same as their order of release, but it’s still a historically impressive run of albums that just kept getting better. 

The Chicks definitely fit here as well, if one sets aside their recent comeback album. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.