Qatar announced 8 years of Prison if someone bring a Rainbow Flag at WorldCup

ExHuman

11 hours ago, Vitaly said:

Isn't this serving fake news?

No official has spoken about arresting or punishing anyone if they bring and use Pride flags at the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar. The official stadium code of conduct and recent report indicate that Pride flags aren’t prohibited in and around the premises. Hence, we have marked this claim as false.

https://theparadise.ng/fact-check-people-carrying-or-waving-the-pride-flag-at-the-2022-fifa-world-cup-in-qatar-will-be-arrested/

If there are more concrete receipts than a screen shot, post it. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's already been said that we gays are not welcomed, but I think they would be quite stupid for making this statement with so much scrutiny Iverson this :deadbanana:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ExHuman

• Protocol

• Inverted

• POPTART

Top Posters In This Topic

FIFA is garbage for doing performative activism during Pride Month yet holding the World Cup in a country you cant even be LGBT freely - this world cup will be a MESS :deadbanana4:

I know so many Qataris who spend the entire year in Europe/USA sleeping around with men lol 

Why is Fifa even being so compliant…

14 hours ago, ExHuman said:

290217292_1174610063112643_2309382804220

This is definitely fake. I saw this tweet with EXACTLY the same wording and same picture, from 4-5 different accounts. Very fishy.

That doesn't mean you won't get in trouble - Qatar is what it is, and FIFA should have never chosen this country as the host. 

There's no way they'd be able to enforce that law on someone traveling there from another country. They would cave into the outrage it'd cause.

2 hours ago, heckinglovato said:

"Homosexual conduct remains legal in Jordan. But LGBT people displaying public affection can be prosecuted for "disrupting public morality" and most LGBT people face social discrimination not experienced by non-LGBT residents."

8 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

"Homosexual conduct remains legal in Jordan. But LGBT people displaying public affection can be prosecuted for "disrupting public morality" and most LGBT people face social discrimination not experienced by non-LGBT residents."

Which is better than having all of that PLUS being illegal, like all the other Arab countries. There's also a gay bar/cafe in the capital.

In terms of public display of affection, straight people get arrested/fined too for making out in public. It's more of a general rule.

On 6/28/2022 at 5:32 PM, Daddy said:

Everyone going there, performing there, promoting it is a piece of **** and deserves the worst. 

On 6/28/2022 at 5:40 PM, SmittenCake said:

all these companies and artists should pull out

On 6/28/2022 at 5:45 PM, toy soldier. said:

Disgusting, bet they'd riot if somebody imposed them not to show up with hijabs or pray when they come in a western country. 

On 6/28/2022 at 5:49 PM, TheArgonaut said:

I guess it’s their religion of peace and tolerance

hiloyz.gif

On 6/28/2022 at 5:50 PM, P.O.P said:

You can't say a single word about any nationality in any country but everyone feels free to say whatever they want about us. Imagine him saying something like "We will put you in prison if you bring the flag of X country"

We need representation in UN an EU and other platforms immediately.

On 6/28/2022 at 5:51 PM, byzantium said:

This is dumb.  If you are going to spend billions trying to appeal to the west, you cannot just pick and choose what you like.  Any country with a spine should decline to participate.  

On 6/28/2022 at 5:56 PM, Ale said:

This world cup is going to be so messy 

On 6/28/2022 at 5:58 PM, jonapova said:

I can imagine an England player or two wearing a rainbow band :chick2: gross country

On 6/28/2022 at 5:59 PM, iiswhoiis_max said:

Cancel this already. It's so disgusting.

On 6/28/2022 at 6:05 PM, XIAN said:

everything leading to the qatar world cup has been disgusting so this comes as no surprise

On 6/28/2022 at 6:05 PM, harwee said:

The face of homophobia.  Literally putting people to jail, for years, over a flag. I mean if I blink some flags look like rainbows.

On 6/28/2022 at 6:13 PM, West Coast said:

Disgusting but not surprising 

On 6/28/2022 at 6:15 PM, Trent W said:

These religious freaks :skull:

”Respect our religion, but we won’t respect your sexuality” 

Cancel this mess of a world cup honestly, whoever gave these animals the world cup deserves to be stoned

On 6/28/2022 at 6:24 PM, pxxxtrick said:

The obsession with LGBTQIA+ people...

On 6/28/2022 at 6:31 PM, POPTART said:

They should have never been given the host gig. 

Wtf does Qatar have to do with football? 

Fifa and their corruption disgust me

On 6/28/2022 at 7:23 PM, GentleEarthquake said:

disturbing

On 6/28/2022 at 7:34 PM, Bloodflowers. said:

Now why would any self-respecting LGBT person or an ally waste their money going into a trash human rights violations country like Qatar?

On 6/28/2022 at 7:36 PM, Miichael said:

When did she wave a rainbow flag during her concert? :deadbanana4: I see what you tried to do there, and you almost made a point :clap3:

OT: Disgusting decision, hopefully people will boycott this country and not travel there for tourism or to make money

On 6/28/2022 at 9:04 PM, Anye said:

People evolving backwards, I cant. 

On 6/28/2022 at 9:49 PM, bleuwaffle said:

backward ass scum.

On 6/28/2022 at 10:34 PM, Jagger said:

We have to respect their religion (choice) but they don't have to respect us (not a choice) :rip: it's absolutely crazy how much you can get away with just by claiming "religious beliefs" 

On 6/28/2022 at 10:49 PM, ExHuman said:

iQro5dk.png

On 6/28/2022 at 11:08 PM, Jooj said:

Why the hell this ****hole is hosting a World Cup either way? Fifa is trash :nicole:

On 6/28/2022 at 11:15 PM, Mr.Link said:

But the FIFA will ignore this while pretending to be “activist” with the Ukranian situation. They shouldn’t even be allowed to host. 

On 6/28/2022 at 11:28 PM, Protocol said:

My fellow gays, please join me in boycotting FIFA this year

We will NOT be watching matches

We will NOT be streaming whatever trash song they promote as the anthem

We will NOT be sharing anything World Cup-related on social media

We will NOT be buying anything World Cup related

On 6/29/2022 at 1:16 AM, Aren said:

They should’ve picked the United Arab Emirates. Sure, homosexuality is also illegal over there, but I’m sure they’d make an exception for the World Cup considering how Western-aligned the country. Qatar, on the other hand, allegedly funded ISIS, 

On 6/29/2022 at 3:35 AM, PopLord86 said:

Come on Qatar I thought you were better then this :ace:

On 6/29/2022 at 4:37 AM, FreeXone said:

Cancel them

On 6/29/2022 at 7:31 AM, Gwendolyn said:

FIFA is garbage for doing performative activism during Pride Month yet holding the World Cup in a country you cant even be LGBT freely - this world cup will be a MESS :deadbanana4:

On 6/29/2022 at 8:07 AM, Patient Zero said:

Why is Fifa even being so compliant…

On 6/29/2022 at 8:16 AM, Bang Up said:

There's no way they'd be able to enforce that law on someone traveling there from another country. They would cave into the outrage it'd cause.

Embarrassing. :rip:

This is fake news. There is no source. Did any of you actually look for one? It's a screencap of a Facebook message. :toofunny2:

Beyond not having a source, use some logic. This is completely unrealistic to enforce. And gays in Qatar are fine. The only thing you have to avoid is public sex and advertising in public. Gays in conservative countries (hell, even in the west) think PDA and events like Pride are gross so they'll fine.

Anyway, that's applicable to the vast majority of countries where supposedly "being gay is illegal." What's illegal is sodomy (anal sex) and that can't be enforced because the government doesn't have cameras in your home. 

On 6/28/2022 at 6:42 PM, Cheers said:

I feel so bad for the women and LGBT+ people living in those countries. What's worse is when they come to western societies with the same mindset like.. :deadbanana: 

On 6/28/2022 at 9:50 PM, ALittleGauche said:

Right? **** them. Scum of the earth.

Why on earth would a Qatari come to live in a western country? It's a super rich country. :rip:

Women and LGBT people actually live comfortably in Gulf Arab countries. Most of them have money and their standards are different. The women prefer not socializing with men (except their family) because they perceive strange men as dangerous and gay men benefit from gender segregation. They 

I think you're confusing Arab countries with poor Islamic countries in South Asia (Pakistan, Afghanistan). Wrong part of the world.

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

This is fake news. There is no source. Did any of you actually look for one? It's a screencap of a Facebook message. :toofunny2:

Beyond not having a source, use some logic. This is completely unrealistic to enforce. And gays in Qatar are fine. The only thing you have to avoid is public sex and advertising in public. Gays in conservative countries (hell, even in the west) think PDA and events like Pride are gross so they'll fine.

Anyway, that's applicable to the vast majority of countries where supposedly "being gay is illegal." What's illegal is sodomy (anal sex) and that can't be enforced because the government doesn't have cameras in your home. 

Why on earth would a Qatari come to live in a western country? It's a super rich country. :rip:

Women and LGBT people actually live comfortably in Gulf Arab countries. Most of them have money and their standards are different. The women prefer not socializing with men (except their family) because they perceive strange men as dangerous and gay men benefit from gender segregation. They 

I think you're confusing Arab countries with poor Islamic countries in South Asia (Pakistan, Afghanistan). Wrong part of the world.

Stop quoting everybody in old threads. This is 3rd time I got a notification in under an hour and all I see is you spam quoting. You're acting weird.

On 6/29/2022 at 8:48 AM, SmittenCake said:

That's not very different from the west. Also, very few gays in conservative countries are interested in making out and humping in public. Like a lot of the conservative gays on ATRL, they think PDA is gross and Pride events are too sexual.

1 minute ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Stop quoting everybody in old threads. This is 3rd time I got a notification in under an hour and all I see is you spam quoting. You're acting weird.

Don't respond then and don't perpetuate fake news.

23 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Idk why you quoted me.

Maybe do some reading about them bribing FIFA and other shady stuff. 

I stand by what I said - There is no reason for Qatar to host this when talking about football only.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

What's embarrassing is defending this country and acting like it's a fine place for LGBT. What's even more embarrassing is comparing it to conservative western countries. You straight up say you can't "advertise" being gay in public :rip: meanwhile even the most conservative western countries have pride parades. Qatar would NEVER

and this is aside from all the shady fraudulent behaviors they engaged in to even get the World Cup 

What's embarrassing is you resurrecting a dead thread to be an apologist for Qatar on the issue of queer rights.  

Do not EVER quote me again with this homophobia apologist bullshit

You are utterly brainwashed, stay AWAY

That's not very different from the west. Also, very few gays in conservative countries are interested in making out and humping in public. Like a lot of the conservative gays on ATRL, they think PDA is gross and Pride events are too sexual.

You are DELUSIONAL if you think being prosecuted for simple PDA happens in western countries. You need urgent psychological help and to unlearn the self hatred you have been taught.