Ugliest colors ranked & Color of 2022 is here!

P.O.P

1 | Dark drab brown

poopbrown.png
Unpleasant things it evokes: Feces, mud, getting pudding instead of a real dessert.

2 | Beige

beige.png
Unpleasant things it evokes: Discoloration, internal organs that may or may not be healthy, bad teeth, your coworker’s pants from Old Navy.

3 | Lime green

limegreen.png
Unpleasant things it evokes: Mucus, infection, BP.

4 | Mustard yellow

mustardyellow.png
Unpleasant things it evokes: Pus, vomit, Pittsburgh sports teams.

5 | Dark gray

darkgray.png
Unpleasant things it evokes: Prison, emptiness, almost purely black but not quite enough so something feels just slightly off, Fifty Shades of Grey.

6 | White

white.png
Unpleasant things it evokes: Ominously blank classroom walls, boringness, death, iPods that stopped working within a year.

7 | Rust

rust.png
Unpleasant things it evokes: Rust.
8 | Light olive

lightolive.png
Unpleasant things it evokes: Infection, diarrhea, bad ’70s decor.

9 | Orange/red

brightorange.png
Unpleasant things it evokes: The really cheap Gilden t-shirts that never quite fit right.

10 | Faded salmon

fadedsalmon.png
Unpleasant things it evokes: The circumference around a pimple, flavorless fish, what it looks like if a fingernail gets ripped off.

11 | Bright magenta
brightmagenta.png

Unpleasant things it evokes: Your eyes hurting, frozen yogurt with Nerds mixed in, a middle-aged female art teacher’s shawl.

LINK

That dark drab brown even has its own wikipedia page (HERE) full of drags :skull: It is really UGLEE but people usually do too damn much when it comes to good sis brown.

In another news, Pantone Color Institute has announced the color of 2022 (Yes it is that shade of faceless blue/purple):

Pantone Color of the Year 2022 - Lee Eiseman Quote

See the colors of past years HERE.

So ATRL, what is your most/least liked colors?

Edited by P.O.P

Least favorite color is navy blue just because I'm tired of seeing it everywhere. Also, that mustard yellow looks like classic yellow. Mustard yellow would be darker.

This is homophobic 

Color for the palettes, not the color charts... #justiceforArtpop

Inch resting, I like beige, dark gray and white. Orange deserved to snatch the top spot

Also I feel like a lot of these are quite popular/trendy, like copper accents, salmon, dark gray and even olive. I wonder if part of this placement is because of how much they've been used recently.

My fave, Beige, doesn't belong here. Just because it doesn't fit the typical beauty standards does not mean its ugly. 

Lime green sweetie I'm so sorry

I agree with first place tho... ugly dark browns deserve all the lashings and drags of the world. 

The fact that its used in cigarettes packages to look more "unpleasant" is sending me 

I saw half of those colors at Zara the other day. They are indeed horrid. My favorite shoes when I was 16 were mustard yellow Supras though :matty:

1 hour ago, P.O.P said:

3 | Lime green

limegreen.png
Unpleasant things it evokes: Mucus, infection, BP.

4 | Mustard yellow

mustardyellow.png

Blasphemy 

xA9X9b6.gif

Why aren’t all the shades of blue in there? :gaycat4:

6 minutes ago, Zeferino said:

Why aren’t all the shades of blue in there? :gaycat4:

You cannot tell me you don't like sky blue? ::gaycat6:

7179_1100x1100_crop_478b24840a.jpg

The hate towards POC (People Of pantone 448 C) is real :monkey:

"Unpleasant things it evokes: Pus, vomit, Pittsburgh sports teams."

:ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.