Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day) plans to renounce US citizenship

Genius1111

:ahh:

Miley leaving America if Trump won teas

Edited by hardbrit

I understand why those who have the means to can and think it can in some way be material of a threat because less rich mean less tax revenue, bur ultimately moving to another country let alone another state is just not realistic for the vast majority of people impacted by the American regime of Christofascism. 

Go the full way. Call for the US to he banned from global human rights organizations. Use your celebrity and power in that way. Refuse to pledge/threaten to end pledged donations if the orgs and groups that include the US in its membership do not sanction and condemn the country. 

Edited by Communion

He’s probably not serious but America is a joke so I wouldn’t blame him. 

So renouncing US citizenship is the new "I'm gonna leave the country if Trump is elected".

he doesn't wanna be an American idiot anymore :clap3:

If he renounces what other country will he claim :rip:

What happes with this ban in cases of rape or incest, is it still allowed?, a well educated, grown woman has all the resources to not get pregnat in the first place.

Why not help vulnerable minority women leave the country instead? He won’t be affected by the laws in any shape or form. 

Okay. 

And go where? :gaycat2:

Will he enjoy super high taxes in EU, UK or Canada? We'll see :gaycat5:

Edited by Vitaly

I could never. I love being able to travel almost everywhere without a visa lol

1 hour ago, Vitaly said:

Will he enjoy super high taxes in EU, UK or Canada? We'll see :gaycat5:

Idk if you're joking but the difference between the UK and US tax rates is negligible, and the EU is made up of 27 countries all with different tax rates :deadbanana2: 

2 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

If he renounces what other country will he claim :rip:

It's not that hard to get citizenship in another country. All you need is a few thousand dollars.

If I were a famous person thinking of doing this I wouldn't publicly announce it. Knowing how petty some of the people in power are they might try to ban me from entering the country or something. :skull:

2 hours ago, tshwark said:

What happes with this ban in cases of rape or incest, is it still allowed?, a well educated, grown woman has all the resources to not get pregnat in the first place.

It depends on the individual state, and in most of them you still can’t get an abortion. And to your second point; that doesn’t matter. Whatever a woman decides to do with her body is her business and the government shouldn’t be allowed to tell her what she can and can’t do with it. 

2 hours ago, MotoPapi said:

I could never. I love being able to travel almost everywhere without a visa lol

Well he's saying he's moving to the UK, which has more visa free countries than the US. There's more than a dozen countries with more visa-free countries than the US. We ain't all that.

Not sure if he's serious tho.

1 hour ago, geodude said:

It depends on the individual state, and in most of them you still can’t get an abortion. And to your second point; that doesn’t matter. Whatever a woman decides to do with her body is her business and the government shouldn’t be allowed to tell her what she can and can’t do with it. 

I dont see it as black and white, what if the father wants the baby, besides theres got to be a regulation, its not a good example for younger girls, be like ok Im preg, oops forgot to use protection, but whatever lets get this thing out.

4 hours ago, tshwark said:

I dont see it as black and white, what if the father wants the baby, besides theres got to be a regulation, its not a good example for younger girls, be like ok Im preg, oops forgot to use protection, but whatever lets get this thing out.

I’d argue it’s still her decision??‍♂️ And it’s no one else’s responsibility to be an “example”. 

8 hours ago, tshwark said:

CtZmgK_XYAEPFoi.thumb.jpg.adf49e3f17b1d9 

• Pronouns: He/Him

:clownny:

Maybe he wants to Escape to the Contry, and feel his Live in the Country fantasy. Anything I guess is better than the Amercan Nightmare that is creeping through the cracks of the dystopian mess that is America.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.