• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Assassin

• gugunikko

• Acclaimed

• Inverted

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I can't find a single mention on Google about it getting 30 million views. where did you get that info?

13 minutes ago, Assassin said:

either give a source or stop repeating this BS.

7 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Liar. :skull:

I couldn't find any source showing it did 30 million in 2 days on HBO Max. You wish. :skull:

It was a complete non-event. :skull:

for-you-mylene-you-just-made-that-up.gif

1 hour ago, gugunikko said:

Still pretty low considering shakira document got like 30 millions in 2 days. 

58 minutes ago, gugunikko said:

Wrong. It did more than jlow documentary. 

The fanfic. :ahh:

You lost your argument when you provided no receipts and then had to resort to name-calling. Take your L and go.

OT: J.Lo always wins! Let me watch it again :clap3:

I was one of the 12M 

:gaylocat1:

1 hour ago, gugunikko said:

Wrong. It did more than jlow documentary. 

You are so annoying. If you dislike jlo that much stay away from this thread. It’s like we can’t we have a single thread about Jlo’s achievements without idiots just coming to bring hate and negativity without reason. :deadbanana4:

The documentary is really good :clap3:

The JLO hate mainly from the direction of Shakira, Beyonce, and Mariah Carey fans is tired.

JLO won with the documentary and Netflix got a nice benefit. It’s a win-win and good business for all. :coffee2:

Such a Queen! She's so generous letting Shakira be the opening act at the halftime show and also letting her appear for 30 seconds in her documentary. 

1 hour ago, CosTaSsSs said:

Such a Queen! She's so generous letting Shakira be the opening act at the halftime show and also letting her appear for 30 seconds in her . 

What's your issue with Shakira?

edit: genuinely curious!

Edited by Acclaimed

16 hours ago, Inverted said:

Liar. :skull:

I couldn't find any source showing it did 30 million in 2 days on HBO Max. You wish. :skull:

It was a complete non-event. :skull:

I don't believe it did 30 million in 2 days either, but it was not a non-event. Far from. The film was shown in select movie theaters worldwide. It was basically shown for at least 2 days in every country, to my recollection. In many countries obviously for several weeks, but yeah. Did quite alright I think! Her next world tour will probably do something bigger though.

The doc was really good and honest. Hope it gets the recognition it deserves!

i turned it off as soon as she started chewing gum with her mouth open. classless

16 hours ago, romas_ld said:

Shakira fans did :hippo:

Then why didn't they stream Don't Wait Up and make it a hit?

50 minutes ago, outoftime said:

Then why didn't they stream Don't Wait Up and make it a hit?

why they dont watch dancing with myself then ... :coffee2:

well deserved :clap3:

I loved the doc :heart:

1 hour ago, Acclaimed said:

I don't believe it did 30 million in 2 days either, but it was not a non-event. Far from. The film was shown in select movie theaters worldwide. It was basically shown for at least 2 days in every country, to my recollection. In many countries obviously for several weeks, but yeah. Did quite alright I think! Her next world tour will probably do something bigger though.

It earned less than 300k in theatres. That's like 35000 tickets sold.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt10885994/

Edited by Assassin

33 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Yeah that's not a lot. But at least they paid and physically went, I guess. It wasn't free and/or on Netflix. And the world tour was physically attended by almost a million people I think, from some 50 shows.

why are Shakira fans still mad about this when all of the clickbait ‘bad’ headlines about her were out of context :rip: 

3 hours ago, Acclaimed said:

2 hours ago, Assassin said:

1 hour ago, Acclaimed said:

Yeah that's not a lot. But at least they paid and physically went, I guess. It wasn't free and/or on Netflix. And the world tour was physically attended by almost a million people I think, from some 50 shows.

:skull:

So let's get this straight:

a) You lied. In fact, you lied multiple times after you were called out for your fake statistics. Weird.

b) It was a complete non-event in theaters. In fact, I still don't know what the name of the Shakira doc is.

c) It was an even bigger non-event on HBO Max. There are zero stats of its streams even though HBO Max always releases viewership info for its releases.

d) Now you're deflecting and going off topic mentioning tours. Something "free" (not really as you have to pay to subscribe) should make it more easily accessible to the GP, not more obscure. No one watched the doc and no one is watching the new TV show. And let's not pretend Jennifer's tours were flops. Both the residency and the summer 2019 tour were smaller scale, but still successful.

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

:skull:

So let's get this straight:

a) You lied. In , you lied multiple times after you were called out for your fake . Weird.

b) It was a complete non-event in theaters. In , I still don't know what the name of the Shakira doc is.

c) It was an even bigger non-event on HBO Max. There are zero stats of its streams even though HBO Max releases info for its releases.

d) Now you're deflecting and going off topic mentioning tours. Something "free" (not really as you have to pay to subscribe) should make it more easily accessible to the GP, not more obscure. No one watched the doc and no one is watching the new TV show. And let's not pretend Jennifer's tours were flops. Both the residency and the summer 2019 tour were smaller scale, but still successful.

No need for the attacks, go back and view my posts. I didn't post any fake statistics. Take a deep breath before mixing up statements. 

I really don't know much about JLo's tours or live shows, other than the fact that she's been dying to do a world tour for years and years, and only kinda did in 2012. So. That's all I know. I'm not saying she hasn't done successful shows on a small scale.

I don't really care about the new TV show, so I don't know what your issue is there. But the clips from it is doing great on TikTok, which is what I personally think she intended. The release that was in theaters and on HBO Max was a concert film, not a documentary. So nothing revelatory or anything that people haven't already seen. You know? But I think it did quite well for what it was, a taping of a live show with some random, non-event BTS footage. She's basically done that for every world tour.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.