Top Gun: Maverick' Soars Past $1 Billion, Becomes Highest-Grossing Movie of the Year

Brishka

The power of GaGa, book her and watch the money flow in:clap3:

Scientology WON 

-

In all seriousness though, the movie was ******* amazing and deserved all of its success :clap3:a true return to form for Hollywood blockbusters and not relying on Marvel/Star Wars 

Who would have thought it would outgross DS2 :clap3:

Thank you Lady Gaga :clap3:

18 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Scientology WON 

-

In all seriousness though, the movie was ******* amazing and deserved all of its success :clap3:a true return to form for Hollywood blockbusters and not relying on Marvel/Star Wars 

a blockbuster franchise did well, which is a return to form for an industry relying on blockbuster franchises? i see

3 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

a blockbuster franchise did well, which is a return to form for an industry relying on blockbuster franchises? i see

I get what you’re saying, and you’re right in some ways, but a sequel to a nearly 40 year old movie being this huge is astonishing, especially because while the OG Top Gun was big, it wasn’t Star Wars/Batman level of big: https://www.founditemclothing.com/blogs/it-goes-to-11/top-10-highest-grossing-movies-of-the-80s

24 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Yet the song meant for the oscars isnt doing as great

Why does that matter to the film exactly? It doesn't need the song to be successful. 

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

I get what you’re saying, and you’re right in some ways, but a sequel to a nearly 40 year old movie being this huge is astonishing, especially because while the OG Top Gun was big, it wasn’t Star Wars/Batman level of big: https://www.founditemclothing.com/blogs/it-goes-to-11/top-10-highest-grossing-movies-of-the-80s

so it was top 10 of the 80s which is very big indeed.

maverick so far is #11 of the last 10 years in the US. it'll climb, but obviously the first one was huge already.

Wow really? I'm sure Xenu is doing mind tricks here because the movie is mediocre at best.

Japan loving this American military-industrial complex propaganda film. :rip:

Flew past $1B with tons left in the tank. Smashing on every continent. 

$650M domestic/$600M OS= $1.25B worldwide will happen. 

2 hours ago, Taylena said:

Japan loving this American military-industrial complex propaganda film. :rip:

I mean, what's going on? :deadbanana4: 

OT: Thank you, Lady Gaga. :gaycat1: But for real, I'm still shocked how well this movie is doing. :deadbanana4: Didn't know the hype was THAT big. 

3 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Yet the song meant for the oscars isnt doing as great

Didn't Alice by Avril Lavigne kinda flop while coming from one of the biggest film of 2010? Keep trying. :michael:

Tom Cruise surpassing the MCU is something I wasn't expecting but honestly... studios need to realise there's a market out there outside comic book movies for blockbusters so, good :jonny5:

Joining the Billion Dollar club from the likes of Shakira's Zootopia and Beyoncé's The Lion King. :clap3:

4 hours ago, Roberto said:

I mean, what's going on? :deadbanana4: 

OT: Thank you, Lady Gaga. :gaycat1: But for real, I'm still shocked how well this movie is doing. :deadbanana4: Didn't know the hype was THAT big. 

Because the 1st Film is a classic

And the sequel is a lot better.. such a MASTERPIECE

Gaga's Top Gun :jonny5:

Gaga becoming the #1 female music scorer or something in a month or two :jonny5:

Yes Ga Ga Yes Box Office Smash :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.