Music Makers Thread

ConceptD

I thought it would be great for the musicians of Atrl to have a place to come together and chat, listen to each others stuff, get feedback and even collaborate on projects. 

This is for everyone. Whether they’re singers, songwriters, producers or whatever else. 

2 hours ago, ConceptD said:

What do you do? 

Write / compose. 

singer songwriter :gaycat2: and producer but just because i cant find someone to do it for me :biblionny: i can play trumpet too if anyone needs brass :chick1:

I’ve put a handful of stuff on streaming but it’s getting old now. Working on new stuff atm!

Wrote a 6-songs EP and got 2 of them produced but gosh, recording studios are expensive :rip:

Edited by PopKills

As someone that is really good at composing synth riffs and putting completely original stems together as in the basic foundations of songs I absolutely do not understand anything regarding mixing and polishing stuff along the way (the technical aspect) and I could greatly appreciate any assistance or educating in that area :coffee: feel free to pm me plz. 

7 hours ago, WildOne said:

Producer hereeee

What type of stuff do you produce? 

4 hours ago, PopKills said:

Wrote a 6-songs EP and got 2 of them produced but gosh, recording studios are expensive :rip:

Yeah they can get quite ridiculous. Honestly you’re better off buying yourself a decent mic, a wind guard and hanging blankets up to create a type of booth in your bedroom or something but then the engineering part is very difficult too. Do you have anywhere I can listen to your stuff? 

5 hours ago, vinster13 said:

I’ve put a handful of stuff on streaming but it’s getting old now. Working on new stuff atm!

Link it girl. Promote. 

7 hours ago, ConceptD said:

What type of stuff do you produce? 

Yeah they can get quite ridiculous. Honestly you’re better off buying yourself a decent mic, a wind guard and hanging blankets up to create a type of booth in your bedroom or something but then the engineering part is very difficult too. Do you have anywhere I can listen to your stuff? 

Yeah I‘m clueless about engineering and feel like I would make it sound weird so I‘m saving up to get the first two songs recorded professionally later this year!

And sadly half of the songs are just demos-that-are basically-done on my laptop cause I‘m not happy with the phone-recorded vocals and for the other half I have lyrics and melodies but I’m still looking for productions. 

3 hours ago, PopKills said:

Yeah I‘m clueless about engineering and feel like I would make it sound weird so I‘m saving up to get the first two songs recorded professionally later this year!

And sadly half of the songs are just demos-that-are basically-done on my laptop cause I‘m not happy with the phone-recorded vocals and for the other half I have lyrics and melodies but I’m still looking for productions. 

Send them to me and I’ll give you some feedback. It doesn’t matter if they’re a bit rough, it’s hard to make a polished song without spending a lot of money but I can give you some tips. You can get decent USB mics for pretty cheap on Amazon too and they’ll take the recordings to a completely different level. I can help you with finding beats to record over as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Would I be able to send any of you the before and after of a song I’ve just had mixed? I’ve listened to my version a million times so I don’t know if it’s my own biases or not, but this **** is expensive so if it doesn’t sound good I’d like to know so I don’t send these people any more and find someone else lol. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.