Jessie Ware - “Free Yourself”

bitchfit

I get people are rightfully tired of the disco overload from so many female artists including her last album but her vocal sounds so incredible on this and it doesn’t feel like a retread to me.

Her tone is so crystal clear and her own brand - you can tell its her instantly.

Stuart Price has had his ups and downs as well but this is solid.

She sounds reinvigorated here but it sounds like a proper disco tribute as well.

8 out of 10.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AnonnonA

• ahauntingnearu

• bitchfit

• ThehushSound

i am OBSESSED with the piano, she put crack in it :jonny5:

asking gay gods to turn this into (at least european) summer smash

4aRTopZ.gif
let's pray together girls
4aRTopZ.gif

Don't stop, don't stop
Baby, don't you
4aRTopZ.gif

I'll be sad if she leaves the industry as she hinted at and was talked about here. 

The piano drive here is incredible. Her voice sounds incredible. Camp as hell but it's solid.

I have to up my score on this to 9/10. Will be playing this the rest of the summer.

On 7/20/2022 at 11:00 PM, Sazare said:

This tweet is doing the most — didn’t Dua make ONE tweet with a questionable flag choice?:rip:

Jessie is a Zionist and she deserves to be relegated to the depths of obscurity for it (and no, her warmed-over brand of tepid disco doesn’t redeem her at all) but that person is clearly fishing for engagement

A Jewish woman believing in the existence of the only Jewish state in the world – the one that holds almost half of just 15 million Jews in the world – most of whom have been either expelled or persecuted in every other county for millennia – "deserves to be relegated to the depths of obscurity for it"?? 

It's one thing to call out actions from the government – but to 'relegate' any Jewish person who supports the only Jewish-majority country in the world – the place where Jews who lived in neighboring countries were murdered and expelled from and was the only place that would accept them – is very telling. It's interesting why only those who support Israel are irredeemable, but those who support the nations across the globe that continuously commit atrocities are spared. I wonder what the common denominator is :katie:

Anyway, it's a bop :)

on repeat

2 hours ago, N.M.K. said:

A Jewish woman believing in the existence of the only Jewish state in the world – the one that holds almost half of just 15 million Jews in the world – most of whom have been either expelled or persecuted in every other county for millennia – "deserves to be relegated to the depths of obscurity for it"?? 

It's one thing to call out actions from the government – but to 'relegate' any Jewish person who supports the only Jewish-majority country in the world – the place where Jews who lived in neighboring countries were murdered and expelled from and was the only place that would accept them – is very telling. It's interesting why only those who support Israel are irredeemable, but those who support the nations across the globe that continuously commit atrocities are spared. I wonder what the common denominator is :katie:

Thank you, finally someone else jumping in on that ridiculous user's words. I get wanting to ignore and just bop to music, but the amount of hate Jessie has gotten for being a ZiOnIsT!!! is so uncalled for. If she comes out and speaks publicly about it, that can totally changes my POV; but liking a few posts and maybe being ignorant to an extremely complex topic?

Sue the woman for god's sake 

6 hours ago, N.M.K. said:

Zionists support the existence and maintenance of an ethnostate. A repressive ethnostate that is perpetually expanding its borders and encroaching on Palestinian land and peoples. I can’t abide that or that philosophy, sorry.

If the best argument you have to support Israel is “well other countries are committing atrocities too” then I’m sorry but it doesn’t seem like you have much of a leg to stand on, and I think somewhere deep down you know that too. Anyway I’m Jewish, so the cutesy little dogwhistles that you learned from the Canary Mission aren’t going to work on me.

OT: I’m fully capable of separating the art from the artist, for better or worse, but Miss Ware is doing nothing that countless other disco revivalists haven’t done ten times over (and better) in the last decade.

Edited by Sazare

QueenofCopyPaste
On 7/22/2022 at 7:15 AM, Aramis said:

I'm obsessed with this, I hope it becomes her first hit in UK :jonnycat:

Say You Love Me is a hit

QueenofCopyPaste

Spotlight >>>>

3 hours ago, Sazare said:

If the best argument you have to support Israel is “well other countries are committing atrocities too” then I’m sorry but it doesn’t seem like you have much of a leg to stand on, and I think somewhere deep down you know that too. Anyway I’m Jewish, so the cutesy little dogwhistles that you learned from the Canary Mission aren’t going to work on me.

Wow - so you're just obnoxious, then. Even more close- (and frankly one-) minded than I realized. Got it. 

had no idea she was releasing anything but heard it on spotify's new music friday playlist. what a GREAT song :clap3:instant earworm I had it on repeat.

1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Wow - so you're just obnoxious, then. Even more close- (and frankly one-) minded than I realized. Got it. 

“Non-Jews shouldn’t speak up on matters of Zionism and anyone arguing against it is clearly hiding some anti-Semitic viewpoints ?

”I’m literally Jewish”

”Wow that’s worse, you’re so closed-minded”

Lol. You’ve invented this paradigm in which you’re never wrong and never have to reevaluate your positions on things even when others have proven themselves to have more authority than you on the topic. How about you accept you spoke out of turn and butt out.

OT: Jessie peaked with her first two albums I’m afraid

2 hours ago, Sazare said:

“Non-Jews shouldn’t speak up on matters of Zionism and anyone arguing against it is clearly hiding some anti-Semitic viewpoints ?

”I’m literally Jewish”

”Wow that’s worse, you’re so closed-minded”

Lol. You’ve invented this paradigm in which you’re never wrong and never have to reevaluate your positions on things even when others have proven themselves to have more authority than you on the topic. How about you accept you spoke out of turn and butt out.

OT: Jessie peaked with her first two albums I’m afraid

A. Girl I'm Jewish - wut.. :toofunny2:

B. You completely put words in my mouth, as I never actually said

anything in your first "generalization" of that discussion :skull: we're talking literally one Jewish woman who has never made her stance on Zionism explicitly clear - yet was demonized by you to "the deepest pits of obscurity" - for ... a few reposts. Unless I'm missing something else?

D. I even literally said I would reevaluate my stance if she spoke about it or did something that actually gave merit to people's loose usage of the Zionist label. But you can't just jump down someone's throat like everyone has done to her. And so it's just funny that you proved yourself that you're not really absorbing what I'm writing, by your clearly incorrect claim that I'm "not reevaluating my beliefs" 

D. Regardless, the fact you claim to have authority on any topic - or rather, that people belonging to X group all have only one right opinion on things - tells me all I need to know about the worth had in continuing to argue with you. Don't bother replying; I won't again. 

17 hours ago, Sazare said:

Zionists support the existence and maintenance of an ethnostate. A repressive ethnostate that is perpetually expanding its borders and encroaching on Palestinian land and peoples. I can’t abide that or that philosophy, sorry.

OT: I’m fully capable of separating the art from the artist, for better or worse, but Miss Ware is doing nothing that countless other disco revivalists haven’t done ten times over (and better) in the last decade.

No, that’s not the only argument. I think there is nothing wrong about Jewish people believing I’m the idea that they have been calling for millennia, which is the existence of a Jewish state in historical Israel. And as a Sephardic Jew whose family was ethnically cleansed from Yemen and Iran in the 1940s and only survived because of the state of Israel - as the United States and western countries restricted the amount of Jews entering their nations and Arab states were killing and expelling Jews who lived in their borders for centuries - I find it offensive and privileged of you to so casually deny the home and refuge of half the world’s Jewish population. And I find it especially rich as you do so from the privilege and safety of (presumably) the U.S. I vehemently oppose the encroachment of Palestinian territories and the right-wing government - just as I oppose the PA and Arab nations that openly call for the killing of all Jewish people (and who also support the persecution of queer people). So yes, opposing Zionism- which calls for the safety and statehood of Jews, is ignorant and harmful. And the lack of nuance for Israel but the allowance of room for every other major nation to commit egregious actions without the automatic call for their state’s destruction again is very telling. But sure, continue the calling for the destruction of Israel from the comfort of your privileged life. 

Edited by N.M.K.

Okay I'm sorry for calling this a bonus track earlier something clicked and I'm stanning :jonny2:

• 3 weeks later...

So she announced today tour dates for the US and Mexico and tomorrow is the presale with a special presale for fans with a code one hour before the main presale, does anyone know how can I get a code or is anyone willing to share one? 

Thanks!! So happy that she’s coming to Mexico City!!!

38 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

So she announced today tour dates for the US and Mexico and tomorrow is the presale with a special presale for fans with a code one hour before the main presale, does anyone know how can I get a code or is anyone willing to share one? 

Thanks!! So happy that she’s coming to Mexico City!!!

Just saw that. I am going to try to get tickets for the LA show, Jessie and Carly back to back. :duca:  For my show, I just saw that it's a venue presale so check with your venue for details. 

Not me still waiting for the pre-sale loading page, 1hr later, juuuuuust in case

:giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.