Jessie Ware - “Free Yourself”

bitchfit

The second verse is my favourite part of the song :jonny:

also I’m not sure why but the track somehow sounds cleaner on my Spotify today. There was a glitch at the 24 second mark when I was listening to the track yesterday, but it disappeared today

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AnonnonA

• ahauntingnearu

• bitchfit

• ThehushSound

Why is Stuart Price such a genius? :jonny: 

It’s a wonderful song, not perfect as Spotlight for a lead single but a solid 8/10

And to imagine that she was thinking of quitting music after Glasshouse, the gays literally saved her career.

Edited by TrueBlood

its got good vibes this track :gaygacat6:

10 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

Not y’all already making comparisons with DISCO, let’s leave that in 2020 when people were making multiple rankings between Kylie, Jessie, Dua and Roisin as if they released the same albums. :rip:

They all have different styles, different inspirations and different purposes and they all have their very distinctive takes on the revival of nu-disco/italo-disco/italo-house/Studio 54 and so on. 

If anything, Free Yourself is closer to Light Years/Fever Kylie than DISCO Kylie.

Agreed! Hard not to compare though. I just don't want to do that before having a full album :cooldown:

If it feels so good then don't you,
4aRTopZ.gif
baby, don't you stop
4aRTopZ.gif
Don't stop, don't stop
4aRTopZ.gif
Baby, don't you
4aRTopZ.gif

Never expected her to nail that much with a disco-dance genre. I remember the first song I learned about her was Running (still love that song). She grew so much as an artist and experimented a lot with her sound. Glad she's becoming an LGBTQ+ favorite. 

6 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

And to imagine that she was thinking of quitting music after Glasshouse, the gays literally saved her career.

WHAT? How do we know that?

5 minutes ago, the70s said:

WHAT? How do we know that?

I don't have links but in some of the interviews leading up to WYP she talked about after the very lukewarm reception Glass House had she felt really defeated and kind of lost as far as her music career and almost quit to focus solely on her podcast. 

It was the great responses she got for Adore you and Overtime which encouraged her to continue music and create WYP.

this is such an earworm, I cannot get enough!

41 minutes ago, ThehushSound said:

I don't have links but in some of the interviews leading up to WYP she talked about after the very lukewarm reception Glass House had she felt really defeated and kind of lost as far as her music career and almost quit to focus solely on her podcast. 

It was the great responses she got for Adore you and Overtime which encouraged her to continue music and create WYP.

To think we almost didn't get one of the best albums of the decade but Adore you and Overtime saved the day...

1 hour ago, ThehushSound said:

IIRC the tour she had for glasshouse almost made her broke too :toofunny2:

Spotify

7-19 - 66,928

7-20 - 144,856

This is good for her omg if she gets good placement on NMF UK at least :gaycatina1:

How was her previous era's stats?

Spoiler

the 503 is killing me

Edited by ddddynamite

11 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

omg, I remember that phase too. :cries:

I was just listening to Glasshouse... it's a pretty boring album tbh. I'm so glad she was able to rebound with WYP :redface:

Free Yourself is a good indication the next project will be another serve :jonnycat:

• ATRL Moderator

Now what we should do is to stop with the flopinions about Glasshouse which is a masterpiece

9 hours ago, Legend E said:

Now what we should do is to stop with the flopinions about Glasshouse which is a masterpiece

It has some gems, like Midnight and Your Domino, but the adult contemporary ballads are CHOICES.

GH really crept so WYP? could soar ... It did its thing perhaps?

WYP? > TL > D (overrated imo) > GH

Not a bad album in the bunch, just notable chunks of boringness on everything pre-WYP?

On 7/19/2022 at 8:40 PM, IMadeYouReadThis said:

The Glastonbury performance is live on YouTube and it's GODLY

her best song, the goosebumps from her charisma :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.