UK: Harry blocks Drake from #1

storminthedark

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/harry-styles-re-gains-uk-number-1-album-with-harry-s-house-after-incredibly-close-race-with-drake-__36704/

Harry’s third solo album extends its lead as the longest-running Number 1 album of 2022 so far, after his Love On Tour hit London’s Wembley stadium last weekend. 

The race to Number 1 this week, however, was extremely tight with just 350 chart units separating the Top 2. Harry’s nearest rival Drake sees his seventh studio album Honestly, Nevermind debut at Number 2, becoming the Canadian rapper’s 10th Top 5 record, and this week’s most-streamed collection having only been available on digital formats. 

RVqtRPN.jpg

:fan:

How did Ed "equal" perform in comparison to Harry House

I think we haven't seen this kind of slayage since Ed "divide" in UK. 

6 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Equals is still slaying in the UK. It hasn’t left top 5 in 34 weeks. It was #1 for four weeks, but they were more spread out than Harry’s, Harry did 1-2-1-2-1 so far, while it took Equals 10 weeks to reach 3 weeks at #1, but still it did amazing.

Harry is doing incredible, so proud of him. I wish there was a way for Fine Line to go #1, so bummed it never got it.

Btw mods, I couldn’t reply to this thread unless I quoted someone on mobile. It wouldn’t open the reply box 

Just now, More Than A Melody said:

Equals is still slaying in the UK. It hasn’t left top 5 in 34 weeks. It was #1 for four weeks, but they were more spread out than Harry’s, Harry did 1-2-1-2-1 so far, while it took Equals 10 weeks to reach 3 weeks at #1, but still it did amazing.

not ATRL making me believe he flopped :toofunny2:

1 minute ago, zoldyck said:

not ATRL making me believe he flopped :toofunny2:

It kinda did in the US, for his standards, but in the UK he’s a god. The fact that Harry is coming close to his metrics still stuns me.

8 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

It kinda did in the US, for his standards, but in the UK he’s a god. The fact that Harry is coming close to his metrics still stuns me.

yeah I think he might end  outperforming both "=" and "30" in long run. It is too soon to say but a solid contender for album of the decade. 

48 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Didn't 30 spend 5 weeks in a row at #1 there?

Just now, UnusualBoy said:

Didn't 30 spend 5 weeks in a row at #1 there?

It is outside top 50, right now.

That's why, I said long term. Harry hold is amazing, blocking Drake during its 5th week speak for itself. 

drake doesn't look like a huge deal in uk; plenty of non-#1 albums for him there

1 hour ago, zoldyck said:

It is outside top 50, right now.

That's why, I said long term. Harry hold is amazing, blocking Drake during its 5th week speak for itself. 

Oh yeah, he'll win for sure in the long run, he's at his peak and he actually cares for the eras, he's also touring which helps, I think HH may indeed passing Equals in the long run but you never know with Ed and his remixes.

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

drake doesn't look like a huge deal in uk; plenty of non-#1 albums for him there

He’s literally one of the most certified artists of all time in the UK. Missing #1 album is easier there than in the US, but albums of his like More Life, which peaked at #2, still spent 99 weeks in the top 100.

Drake is very much a force in the UK. Like, he’s literally certified for selling about 55M single units. More than three times what Taylor is certified for, for instance :skull:

Certified Lover Boy is still #34, 20 positions above Taylor’s highest charting album :skull: 

Harry’s fifth week being bigger than Drake’s first week is very much a huge deal.

21 hours ago, zoldyck said:

yeah I think he might end  outperforming both "=" and "30" in long run. It is too soon to say but a solid contender for album of the decade. 

30 has sold 720k so far, at current rate it’s gonna take HH a long time to pass that. Not even Fine Line has done that much after years. = is probably out the question too as it’s still pulling numbers.

HH is more on par with Future Nostalgia and SOUR. It will still get a great position in the decade end list (Fine Line too) :michael:

21 hours ago, zoldyck said:

The biggest slayage since Divide is Lewis Capaldi’s debut sadly :deadbanana2:

Harry's House doing what Fine Line couldn't, omg...

1 hour ago, Popboi. said:

30 has sold 720k so far, at current rate it’s gonna take HH a long time to pass that. Not even Fine Line has done that much after years. = is probably out the question too as it’s still pulling numbers.

HH is more on par with Future Nostalgia and SOUR. It will still get a great position in the decade end list (Fine Line too) :michael:

Fine Line has sold 607,520 so far (updated early June), and has been consistently above 30 for months now. 30 was 79 this week, Fine Line was 7. It’ll be above 30 in a matter of months in total units.

Harry’s House has so far sold 224,819. It’ll take a while to be above 30, but provided it shows some semblance of longevity, it should be above it in less than 2 years, possibly even less than 1 year. Decidedly not a long time.

The comparison with Sour, which was at 320,161 sales 19 weeks after release is :rip: HsH is selling 25k copies a week. All his weeks at #1 have almost doubled Sour’s in sales (some of his weeks at #2 did as well).

Future Nostalgia is at 551,769 (updated early June), Harry’s House already sold half its total units in 5 weeks. It took FN 2 full years and 3 months to get to that number.

2 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

Fine Line has sold 607,520 so far (updated early June), and has been consistently above 30 for months now. 30 was 79 this week, Fine Line was 7. It’ll be above 30 in a matter of months in total units.

Harry’s House has so far sold 224,819. It’ll take a while to be above 30, but provided it shows some semblance of longevity, it should be above it in less than 2 years, possibly even less than 1 year. Decidedly not a long time.

The comparison with Sour, which was at 320,161 sales 19 weeks after release is :rip: HsH is selling 25k copies a week. All his weeks at #1 have almost doubled Sour’s in sales (some of his weeks at #2 did as well).

Future Nostalgia is at 551,769 (updated early June), Harry’s House already sold half its total units in 5 weeks. It took FN 2 full years and 3 months to get to that number.

FN and SOUR had similar run constantly battling for #1 for several weeks and are the biggest albums released in 2020 and 2021 (behind 30 and =) and are still top 40/10 respectively, so it’s not a far off comparison (SOUR is at 450k last time I checked) :michael: they just lacked the gigantic first week HH had.

4 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

FN and SOUR had similar run constantly battling for #1 for several weeks and are the biggest albums released in 2020 and 2021 (behind 30 and =) and are still top 40/10 respectively, so it’s not a far off comparison (SOUR is at 450k last time I checked) :michael: they just lacked the gigantic first week HH had.

It's not just the first week. All of HsH's weeks have been bigger than Sour's first weeks so far (and Future Nostalgia, but that started a lot smaller so I'm comparing overall, she went #1 with 16K, HsH has never gone below 23K).

They're both big albums, they're just not as big as Fine Line or HsH, which will both be bigger than 30 by the end of this era.

BTW idk what the updated numbers for Sour are. Those are just the latest updated numbers I could find, October 2021, aka 19 weeks since release.

PS please don't call it "HH" as that's often as a shorthand for H*il H*tler online.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:23 PM, More Than A Melody said:

He’s literally one of the most certified artists of all time in the UK. Missing #1 album is easier there than in the US, but albums of his like More Life, which peaked at #2, still spent 99 weeks in the top 100.

Drake is very much a force in the UK. Like, he’s literally certified for selling about 55M single units. More than three times what Taylor is certified for, for instance :skull:

Certified Lover Boy is still #34, 20 positions above Taylor’s highest charting album :skull: 

Harry’s fifth week being bigger than Drake’s first week is very much a huge deal.

Which Taylor’s album is supposed to be above? The one from 2 years ago with 1 single, the one from 2019 or the one from 2014?

1 hour ago, JorgeM said:

Which Taylor’s album is supposed to be above? The one from 2 years ago with 1 single, the one from 2019 or the one from 2014?

Either of the albums she released last year would do!

16 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

Either of the albums she released last year would do!

You forget a re. Re-released is not the same that released, how conveniently some people here forget some facts. But don’t worry Taylor catalogue is selling more than Drake, that’s why she was the thirst artist most consume in Uk last year after the own bridge Ed and Adele who released album last year 

2 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

You forget a re. Re-released is not the same that released, how conveniently some people here forget some facts. But don’t worry Taylor catalogue is selling more than Drake, that’s why she was the thirst artist most consume in Uk last year after the own bridge Ed and Adele who released album last year 

A rerelease with an album worth of new songs is a new album. Hope that cleared things up!

7 hours ago, Popboi. said:

Ballad king tings :clap:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.