85% across 18 countries express an unfavorable opinion of russia

Brishka

A median of 85% across 18 countries express an unfavorable opinion of russia, with majorities in most nations saying they have a very unfavorable opinion of russia.

Countries with the strongest anti-russia sentiment: 

Poland (97%):jonny:, Australia (94%), Sweden (94%), the U.S. (92%), the Netherlands (91%), Japan (91%).     

Overwhelmingly negative views toward Russia

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2022/06/22/ratings-for-russia-drop-to-record-lows/

Edited by Brishka

Ok but like this means nothing because these are cherry picked countries of the Western Hemisphere that have some sort of Anti-Russian sentiment engrained into them because of the Cold War. 

Would be way more interesting to see how the division would be in countries like India & China. Powerful non-western countries, that make up more than 4 times as many people as all of these 18 countries combined. Because these are gonna be the players that will enable Russia's war machine to keep going once ties are cut with continental Europe. :rip: 

15 minutes ago, Arthoe said:

Ok but like this means nothing because these are cherry picked countries of the Western Hemisphere that have some sort of Anti-Russian sentiment engrained into them because of the Cold War. 

Would be way more interesting to see how the division would be in countries like India & China. Powerful non-western countries, that make up more than 4 times as many people as all of these 18 countries combined. Because these are gonna be the players that will enable Russia's war machine to keep going once ties are cut with continental Europe. :rip: 

North America, the EU, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea make up the vast majority of the world's GDP. 

It's one thing to be anti-Putin and anti-Russian government but it's a whole another thing to be dismissive of Russian culture, language, arts and people, which is what most people are doing right now. Borderline xenophobia.

13 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

It's one thing to be anti-Putin and anti-Russian government but it's a whole another thing to be dismissive of Russian culture, language, arts and people, which is what most people are doing right now. Borderline xenophobia.

Considering Russian culture has notoriously been forced upon many European countries against their will it's not surprising that they feel negatively about it. What Russia is showing today is that it hasn't changed one bit and is still weaponizing the language and culture against other countries, they are already pushing hard to transform the captured territories.

Just now, Illuminati said:

Considering Russian culture has notoriously been forced upon many European countries against their will it's not surprising that they feel negatively about it. What Russia is showing today is that it hasn't changed one bit and is still weaponizing the language and culture against other countries, they are already pushing hard to transform the captured territories.

That's understandable, however, the unfavourable opinions people hold against Putin transfer themselves to normal everyday Russian folk, which is something that should not be happening. Not every Russian is supporting Putin or his actions. I know how Russkiy Mir functions and its weaponisation of language and religion in certain regions, but that's not a reflection of ordinary citizens. I don't know, it's just gross that innocent Russian people are getting all the flack for the actions of select few compatriots. 

At the beginning of the war, the Russian shop in my city got vandalised, even though the shop clerk is vehemently anti-Putin. Similarly, the Russian Orthodox Chruch in the city received anonymous threats. Why should Russian people, both in Russia or abroad, endure snarky actions because of their lunatic dictator? Because this is xenophobia. 

K word PUTIN ASAP

1 hour ago, Pendulum said:

That's understandable, however, the unfavourable opinions people hold against Putin transfer themselves to normal everyday Russian folk, which is something that should not be happening. Not every Russian is supporting Putin or his actions. I know how Russkiy Mir functions and its weaponisation of language and religion in certain regions, but that's not a reflection of ordinary citizens. I don't know, it's just gross that innocent Russian people are getting all the flack for the actions of select few compatriots. 

At the beginning of the war, the Russian shop in my city got vandalised, even though the shop clerk is vehemently anti-Putin. Similarly, the Russian Orthodox Chruch in the city received anonymous threats. Why should Russian people, both in Russia or abroad, endure snarky actions because of their lunatic dictator? Because this is xenophobia. 

I get the sentiment and personally all of my Russian friends are pro Ukraine as well.

But there's an undeniable majority of Russians, even those living in Western countries that overwhelmingly support the war. Every single country that has a significant Russian population has had pro war demonstrations and these are the people who are not subject to Russian censorship or laws because they comfortably live in places like Germany and Sweden and get both sides of the story.

This isn't actually good, especially when those high "somewhat unfavourable" fence sitters, also make a poll outside of Western countries and lets see, that's a bigger population. 

Malaysia being favorable for Russia. :skull: 

That’s why they’ll never be like Singapore

Clearly deserved, glad to see my country up with some of the highest disapproval.

Malaysia being a weird flop as usual :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.