TikToker exposes Imagine Dragons

Jotham

33 minutes ago, Squall said:

I am not minimizing their success, wth are you on? I am just saying what that user said is WRONG. Also, their touring success doesn’t change the fact their last albums underperformed/flopped, it’s still something to take into account if you want to compare them to other artists.

But they’re hugely successful because they can still do HUGE tours WW even if their recent albums ‘flop’ by your standards. Most artists of today are desperate to get streaming hits as that’s all they care about, but when it comes to touring they perform in tiny venues. Would you not rather have a ‘flop’ album but be able to sell out arenas and stadiums WW than have a #1 song but be performing in basements? :rip:

Not everything is about charts. Look at GAYLE. ABCDEFU was a huge song. Does anybody from the GP actually know who she is? Is she performing in arenas and stadiums? No. Her song was bigger than anything ID has done from their current era, but who’s the real winner? 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Cutthroat

• Fetish for MiMi

• Sharapov

That explains how they got so big with them being mid asf.

Edited by Gwendolyn

4 minutes ago, Cutthroat said:

But they’re hugely successful because they can still do HUGE tours WW even if their recent albums ‘flop’ by your standards. Most artists of today are desperate to get streaming hits as that’s all they care about, but when it comes to touring they perform in tiny venues. Would you not rather have a ‘flop’ album but be able to sell out arenas and stadiums WW than have a #1 song but be performing in basements? :rip:

Not everything is about charts. Look at GAYLE. ABCDEFU was a huge song. Does anybody from the GP actually know who she is? Is she performing in arenas and stadiums? No. Her song was bigger than anything ID has done from their current era, but who’s the real winner? 

Lmao my point was they are not bigger than ANY pop girl, keep your off-topic essays to yourself :skull: 

9 hours ago, fauxtography said:

nnnn y'alls reactions are sending me. talk about overblowing something :rip:

all he said was imagine dragons were sold by a rag-to-riches origin story that wasn't true. he wasn't saying it was bad or anything :deadbanana2:

I agree, like I doubt OPs original video got expected to be posted on a mainly pop platform like this, also like.. this is probably a series for his fans and if they like it, who cares? :deadbanana2: 

19 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

enemy was huge sweetie.

Because it was associated with Arcane yeah and I didn’t say it wasn’t a success.

4 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

That explains how they got so big with them being mid asf, but like who cares :rip:

How does that explain anything? Were the millions of people who bought their singles and albums paid to do so? Are the people filling out their arenas / stadiums not actually there by choice? Absolute brain rot. :rip:

Something has to actually have broad appeal to become big with the GP, which clearly Imagine Legends have. If there was no substance to begin with, it wouldn’t catch on, so don’t make yourself look this stupid. 

And music, like all things is subjective. You think they’re ‘mid’ but they’re my favourite band and I’d listen to them over 99% of what people on this website like. But each to their own. 

Edited by Cutthroat

Just now, Cutthroat said:

How does that explain anything? Were the millions of people who bought their singles and albums paid to do so? Are the people filling out their arenas / stadiums not actually there by choice? Absolute brain rot. :rip:

Something has to actually have broad appeal to become big with the GP, which clearly Imagine Legends. If there was no substance to begin with, it wouldn’t catch on, so don’t make yourself look this stupid. 

And music, like all things is subjective. You think they’re ‘mid’ but they’re my favourite band and I’d listen to them over 99% of what people on this website like. But each to their own. 

All I did was call them MID! :rip: how are you writing essays on a throwaway comment like :bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, Squall said:

Lmao my point was they are not bigger than ANY pop girl, keep your off-topic essays to yourself :skull: 

I don’t think I was going off topic. I think either you’ve misunderstood what that user said, or I have. As I read their comment as “you’re saying nobody cares enough, but this forum stans X artist who isn’t as successful as them” - which is true. If this TikTok was made about Charli XCX (for example) nobody would be saying “who cares enough about her to make this” - which is odd, considering ID are more successful than her. 

But anyway, I don’t want to keep going around in circles. My main point was what I said in my first post. Stan the LGBT+ allies. :gaycat5:

5 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

All I did was call them MID! :rip: how are you writing essays on a throwaway comment like :bibliahh:

You actually didn’t just say that, you basically said the reason they got big in the industry is because of their connections, which clearly isn’t true. And this is a forum, so if you don’t want people replying to your comments, don’t post anything then? I didn’t realise there was a character limit we had to abide to when replying to each other. :mandown:

Edited by Cutthroat

That baguette should spend his time in more productive things…

22 minutes ago, Cutthroat said:

I don’t think I was going off topic. I think either you’ve misunderstood what that user said, or I have. As I read their comment as “you’re saying nobody cares enough, but this forum stans X artist who isn’t as successful as them” - which is true. If this TikTok was made about Charli XCX (for example) nobody would be saying “who cares enough about her to make this” - which is odd, considering ID are more successful than her. 

But anyway, I don’t want to keep going around in circles. My main point was what I said in my first post. Stan the LGBT+ allies. :gaycat5:

Dude, read his post, he said « any », me saying he’s wrong doesn’t mean I think they are unsuccessful.

Edited by Squall

14 minutes ago, Squall said:

Dude, read his post, he said « any », me saying he’s wrong doesn’t mean I think they are unsuccessful.

I did read it, which is why I said I might be misinterpreting it. Because I took it as them meaning how this site stans a lot of pop singers who aren’t as successful as ID, but have various posts made about them. If they did mean ANY pop girl, which would include Madonna, then obviously that is false and I’d never dispute that. :gaycat5:

12 hours ago, ElectricFrancis said:

Who cares, the singer is hot

:fan:

idiotic haters. you TRY

14 hours ago, Severus Snape said:

All artists do this lol, Lana saying that she was living in an abandoned apartment with no amenities, Halsey saying she was homeless, Taylor saying that she grew up in a normal middle class family, etc etc. Its a trick to seem relatable. 

Well yeah and it's pathetic. That's his point

See this is how ridiculous leftists look. They’re obsessed with anyone who’s doing remotely “good” to try to bring them down so that everyone’s equally poor and miserable as the norm. 

Most popular singers had connections to get ahead. He exposed nothing.

He should spend his energy on problematic and sus singers

Who thought they were selfmade? The last big selfmade band was probably over two decades ago tbh.

:rip: 

We been knew he is an industry plant

I mean. Weren't both The Beatles and The Clash also not exactly self-made?

wbk. none of those rag to riches stories is real

Edited by terrorblade

11 hours ago, Squall said:

But they are :rip: on spotify they have more monthly listeners than all of the pop girls except Dua, Doja & Taylor :cm:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.