Lil Nas X pisses on BET Award in “Late To Da Party” single cover, serves Kanye

Nvr

On 6/24/2022 at 12:22 AM, Brando said:

It's called the entertainment industry. We finally have a really entertaining popboy who knows how to push his music in a unique and fun way and y'all still complaining :skull:

lol

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josh

• Brando

• Nexto

• InventedGays

On 6/24/2022 at 1:40 AM, Credit said:

he ******* sucks and would have zero defenders here if he didn’t suck dicks

Pin on Beverly Hills

What a clown. I'm glad I stan actual musicians 

ATRLers have a weird obsession with award shows tbh (this includes fellow atrler LNX btw).

If yall want to defend shows that reward domestic and sexual violence at least stan the Grammys or something.  

On 6/24/2022 at 1:10 AM, Brando said:

I'd like to see you come up with a song as catchy as Montero and then bark something about lack of talent :skull:

It doesn't take a genius to come up with that Justin Bieber reject. :skull: The only thing that elevates it is the visual aspect and the controversy he built around it (which, again, heavily relies on gimmicks) but those lyrics alone are absolutely nothing to write home about.

20 minutes ago, Nexto said:

It doesn't take a genius to come up with that Justin Bieber reject. :skull: The only thing that elevates it is the visual aspect and the controversy he built around it (which, again, heavily relies on gimmicks) but those lyrics alone are absolutely nothing to write home about.

Ok. Come up with a catchy song like that and then quote me again thxx

3 minutes ago, Brando said:

Ok. Come up with a catchy song like that and then quote me again thxx

Even Lil Nas X couldn't come up with those catchy hooks on his own given that he was only credited for writing those (lackluster) lyrics over the beat x

44 minutes ago, Nexto said:

Even Lil Nas X couldn't come up with those catchy hooks on his own given that he was only credited for writing those (lackluster) lyrics over the beat x

Do you know how a hook works? Have you heard of topline/vocal melody? Go listen to the instrumental of that song maybe it will come to you naturally 

People are mentioning Gaga and her gimmicks from back in the day, but at least she had good music to accompany it. The GP will overlook the antics if the songs are decent unless the artist becomes overexposed and refuses to turn it down (see ARTPOP).

That's not the case with Lil Nas. His music is mediocre and a lot of gimmicks are pretty corny tbh. Even the new song is God awful.

It's understandable that people want representation etc, but if the talent is not giving then it's not giving and there's nothing wrong with saying it.

2 hours ago, Brando said:

Do you know how a hook works? Have you heard of topline/vocal melody? Go listen to the instrumental of that song maybe it will come to you naturally 

Or you know, you could've actually done some research instead and saved me time, because you'll clearly see that Lil Nas X is only credited for writing the lyrics, and did not compose the music, which is what you're suggesting. You would also notice that 4 other people did it for him instead. I know reading is hard for some of y'all but at least get your facts checked. 

No. Title Lyrics Music Producer(s) Length
1. "Montero (Call Me by Your Name)"
2:18

Edited by Nexto

1 hour ago, Nexto said:

Or you know, you could've actually done some research instead and saved me time, because you'll clearly see that Lil Nas X is only credited for writing the lyrics, and did not compose the music, which is what you're suggesting. You would also notice that 4 other people did it for him instead. I know reading is hard for some of y'all but at least get your facts checked. 

No. Title Lyrics Music Producer(s) Length
1. "Montero (Call Me by Your Name)"
2:18

So how do you compose lyrics without a vocal melody? Is he a poet now? 

Please just Google what vocal melody means and please stop quoting me. Vocal melody is the most important component of a catchy pop song, not production or music cords. 

We finally have an openly gay successful musician who’s delivering visuals and y’all are still complaining. Gaga and other artists have all had gimmicks and we loved them back in the day. **** BET for snubbing him this year. Honestly, this is a hilarious “**** you” to them and I’m living for it. 

1 hour ago, Brando said:

So how do you compose lyrics without a vocal melody? Is he a poet now? 

And you really think he came up with these "vocal melodies" on his own? :skull: Songwriting is more than just writing lyrics, and there's literally 4 other people credited as songwriters. 

1 hour ago, Brando said:

Vocal melody is the most important component of a catchy pop song, not production or music cords. 

Vocal melodies are literally chord-based :rip: Songwriters usually start their melody-writing process by writing a series of chord changes and progressions. But since you obviously don't seem very knowledgable about this, I'll refrain from quoting your nonsense from now on :heart:

2 minutes ago, Nexto said:

And you really think he came up with these "vocal melodies" on his own? :skull: Songwriting is more than just writing lyrics, and there's literally 4 other people credited as songwriters. 

Vocal melodies are literally chord-based :rip: Songwriters usually start their melody-writing process by writing a series of chord changes and progressions. But since you obviously don't seem very knowledgable about this, I'll refrain from quoting your nonsense from now on :heart:

Ye go play any instrumental of a major pop song and tell me that those vocal melodies immediately spring on you. There's a reason why there are a ton of songs with exact same chord progression, but they don't sound the same. The answer is unique vocal melodies, which is the hardest thing to come up with and lil nas x is excellent at those that's why he had some of the biggest smashes of the past 3 years. And thank you for obliging not to quote me again on this again :heart:

1 hour ago, loveisdead9582 said:

We finally have an openly gay successful musician who’s delivering visuals and y’all are still complaining. Gaga and other artists have all had gimmicks and we loved them back in the day. **** BET for snubbing him this year. Honestly, this is a hilarious “**** you” to them and I’m living for it. 

Too bad nobody cares and didn’t listen to the song or watched the video.

7 minutes ago, Brando said:

Ye go play any instrumental of a major pop song and tell me that those vocal melodies immediately spring on you. There's a reason why there are a ton of songs with exact same chord progression, but they don't sound the same. The answer is unique vocal melodies, which is the hardest thing to come up with and lil nas x is excellent at those that's why he had some of the biggest smashes of the past 3 years. And thank you for obliging not to quote me again on this again :heart:

Literally nobody said vocal melodies don't matter? :rip: I said in my post that Lil Nas X didn't come up with those melodies on his own (which you keep implying) given that there are 4 other people credited as songwriters, reading helps sometimes :heart: 

1 hour ago, Nexto said:

Literally nobody said vocal melodies don't matter? :rip: I said in my post that Lil Nas X didn't come up with those melodies on his own (which you keep implying) given that there are 4 other people credited as songwriters, reading helps sometimes :heart: 

There's no songwriting category for melodies. Besides you don't know if the song was written top down or bottom up. If he wrote the lyrics and vocal melody first and then asked people to help him with music and production then he's the core creator of the song. Knowing how he worked on Old Town Road I would assume he employs the same process for the rest of his songs (songwriters usually use one or the other), so he almost definitely came up with the entire song. The guy is talented at writing catchy hooks and melodies and you will sit and deal 

1 hour ago, Brando said:

There's no songwriting category for melodies. Besides you don't know if the song was written top down or bottom up. If he wrote the lyrics and vocal melody first and then asked people to help him with music and production then he's the core creator of the song. Knowing how he worked on Old Town Road I would assume he employs the same process for the rest of his songs (songwriters usually use one or the other), so he almost definitely came up with the entire song. The guy is talented at writing catchy hooks and melodies and you will sit and deal 

So according to you, he came up with the entire song on the spot, then he asked for "help" with music composition and production yet he was merely credited as a lyricist? :rip: You're giving him way too much credit. And let's not forget that he made OTR while he was basically a nobody. So it's not far fetched to think that his label would invest on a bigger team of producers and songwriters for his next lead single, which is okay.

And I see you're still presenting your assumptions as cold hard facts. Unless you were in the studio with Lil Nas X and his 4 other songwriters and his producers, you can't know for sure who wrote which part, or whether he had a say in the music composition or the production of the song. The credits (which I posted above) tell us he didn't though :supaspaz:

Nothing but gimmicks with this one. This is likely his last little scam. I don't see him lasting another album cycle like this. 

1 hour ago, Nexto said:

So according to you, he came up with the entire song on the spot, then he asked for "help" with music composition and production yet he was merely credited as a lyricist? :rip: You're giving him way too much credit. And let's not forget that he made OTR while he was basically a nobody. So it's not far fetched to think that his label would invest on a bigger team of producers and songwriters for his next lead single, which is okay.

And I see you're still presenting your assumptions as cold hard facts. Unless you were in the studio with Lil Nas X and his 4 other songwriters and his producers, you can't know for sure who wrote which part, or whether he had a say in the music composition or the production of the song. The credits (which I posted above) tell us he didn't though :supaspaz:

Omg you're still on about it. The point is you called him talentless and I asked you to come up with a catchy song and then talk. But then you diverted into writing credits and other nonsense over one particular song. He's got a ton others. No need to go far just look at his debut single. Stop being so annoying plz

On 6/23/2022 at 6:46 PM, UnusualBoy said:

Will y'all drag him like y'all dragged Abel for the Grammys fiasco and "his obsession" with it or he'll get a pass for being gay and being an "entertaining popboy"? :thing: 

Lil Nas posts are obvious trolling while Abel to this day cries till he's asleep 

Edited by lillavend3r

Y’all doing the most over this is exactly why he does this. It obviously works :isudumblmao:

On 6/23/2022 at 10:47 PM, Afterglow said:

No I'm sorry but he doesn't serve quality music. If he was serving pop music at the caliber a popgirl needs to  that'd be a different story, he does seem to rely strictly on controversies without even a memorable debut single to his name.  He gives TikTok star which is why people don't want to work with him. 

And then everyone literally says we're complaining but you all ignore todrick who actually served a quality pop album with gimmick and controversy.

And imma be honest, pissing on a BET Award is so disrespectful to the culture and a cringy attempt at attention.

TELL ANOTHER ONE!