The Black Phone (2022)

Weld_E

Finney Shaw is a shy but clever 13-year-old boy who's being held in a soundproof basement by a sadistic, masked killer. When a disconnected phone on the wall starts to ring, he soon discovers that he can hear the voices of the murderer's previous victims -- and they are dead set on making sure that what happened to them doesn't happen to Finney.

Edited by Weld_E

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sweetestsecret

• Cherish

• The Witch

• Richie.Valdez

Im watching this later today :ducky:

Finally a new horror film with over 80 at rotten tomatoes and it’s not a sequel nor a remake 

I don’t remember which site I was on, but I looked to the top right corner, and that creepy ass face popped up. I jumped because I didn’t know what the hell was going on :deadbanana2: Let me check this trailer out.

Movie of the year

Ended teenybopper with CW acting trash like scream with ease

Sd8Q.gif

Most trailers usually give away a lot this one did not, I really enjoyed this movie.

Just saw it. A decent movie - it definitely had a slow burn effect during the first half. I thought I would like it better than I did but the plot is quite unique and The Grabber is super creepy. 3/5 stars. 

It was great, one of the best in suspense in the last few years; it was very Stephen King-ish and IT/Stranger Things and then I see that it’s based on a Joe Hill story who is King’s son.

Anyway the acting from the main kids and Ethan was what elevated the movie and then it was very violent and gore, I wish they could delve further in the universe.

Don’t slept on this one.

The scene at 2:25 reminds me of Pans Labyrinth

Definitely want to see this but I am so excited for all these movies such as this one held up by the pandemic to finally clear up because the trailers for them have been playing for ages and they are getting annoying.

The trailer looks really generic to me, but it's been sat with a strong RT for score for nearly a year. :rip: Will check it out now it's finally released.

I legit cried at the end :jonnycat: this was a ride

It was good, but overhyped, same as Sinister. 

Yeah it’s overhyped. It’s not bad, just not special at all. Honestly the killer is quite dumb, the acting can be a bit cringe and some elements just aren’t even remotely explained lol. It’s fine for a one time watch though if you wanna see some jumpscares. 

The way Ethan keeps winning with his quick lil horror films that earns its budget back in literally days. :clap3:

I was gonna see this last Friday but got tied up with a clusterfuck.

Pretty good movie, nothing to write home about though. Definitely save it for a matinee/discount tuesday :dies:

The 'naughty boy' part creeped me tf out though

:skull: and the two jumpscares were more scary cause they were soundtracked loud. I was sitting close to the screen though 

14 hours ago, fountain said:

Yeah it’s overhyped. It’s not bad, just not special at all. Honestly the killer is quite dumb, the acting can be a bit cringe and some elements just aren’t even remotely explained lol. It’s fine for a one time watch though if you wanna see some jumpscares. 

Yes, exactly. 

Finally saw it and I sadly didn’t enjoy this very much. I felt like the beginning was promising, but there were too many plot points that went no where. For instance:

Spoiler

1. Their father being an abusive alcoholic. He beat the daughter up at the beginning of the movie and it was disturbing, but it didn’t add much to the plot. He seemed semi- normal after.

2. The sister’s gift was kind of useless. Her brother eventually escaped on his own and the only point of her gift was for the police to find all the other burried bodies, but there were other ways they could’ve done that.

3. The killers brother, who lives in the same house, being obsessed with finding the killer. It was an interesting premise that once again went no where.

4. Why did the grabber kidnap young boys and why was he obsessed with punishing naughty boys? Did he choose random targets or was there a criteria he followed? What is the significance of the mask and why did he breakdown when Finn knocked it out of his face?

5. Why are Finn and the Grabber the only ones who can hear the phone ringing?

I for the most part quite liked this. The sister was the best character nnn and was surprised with how violent the bullying scenes were. I kinda wish the grabber's backstory was more established. 

28 minutes ago, The Witch said:

It was cute, 3/5  @Reverse Warholian

It was your typical run of the mill Blumhouse horror that SQUANDERED a genius concept and unnecessarily raised more questions than it answered thanks to a lousy script. The kid actors were bad too. Watchable but frustrating. 5.75/10

Edited by Reverse Warholian

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.