R/monarchism... thoughts?

Katamari

its one thing to be interested in this from a history standpoint but 

:deadbanana3:

the fact r/conservative has them listed as sister sub :deadbanana2:

Edited by Katamari

My country does not have one and we are better for it.  Not sure why anyone cares about a monarchy. 

All hail the monarchy, long live the queen.

There's a subreddit for literally everything. I just typed fountain pens and found this subreddit with 200k subscribers :skull:

as a person who grew up in a democracy and not a monarchy, it's so weird to me

i live in England now and monarchy is the one thing i will never be able to relate to, it's just a terrible way of organising your society. all this talk about equality and democracy yet you're willing to put your taxes towards one unelected family? the worst part is that the royal family is not even special in any way, like as people they are just so painfully average and unremarkable.

the bank holiday weekend was lit though, can't wait for more days off work when Lizard finally croaks, hopefully it's during summer so i can go out out

[redacted] to all of them

that's all I'm gonna say

thank god my country isn't that dumb

Sd8Q.gif

My country is a (constitutional) monarchy and I hate it.

44 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

There's a subreddit for literally everything. I just typed fountain pens and found this subreddit with 200k subscribers :skull:

The fact someone got a tattoo of a pen :deadbanana:

My boyfriend is a big monarchist and honestly when he starts talking about the queen it makes me never want to see him again. I don’t understand these people who idolise a parasite. 

54 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

What is this rabbit hole :rip:

I couldn’t care less about social equality and it is literally more expensive to the tax payer to sustain the poor (who don’t even pay taxes) than sustaining the Royal Family (who bring a lot of revenue in tourism) :michael:

I find ancient and medieval monarchies interesting and love reading about them and how their rule affected their territories, Modern monarchies not so much and I just find them useless and unnecessary but this is coming from a person who's country hasn't had one for several centuries.

35 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

I couldn’t care less about social equality and it is literally more expensive to the tax payer to sustain the poor (who don’t even pay taxes) than sustaining the Royal Family (who bring a lot of revenue in tourism) :michael:

How don't poor people pay taxes?

42 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

the Royal Family brings literally 0 revenue from tourism, this point has been debunked a million times

but even if they did, from a philosophical point of view having a royal family is deeply undemocratic and toxic, there is no good reason to privilege one family over everyone else on the basis of birthright, it's such a backwards mindset. idk why you feel the need to lick the royal family's boots, they literally don't care about you, this is what i don't get. 

but i'm glad you are honest about not caring about equality, at least we see the type of person you are. i personally am more likely to lose my job and become poor than i am to become a royal (which is literally impossible since it's hereditary) so if i have to choose yes i would rather have a safety net for the poor than support rich parasites who haven't done anything for anyone in their lives.

6 minutes ago, Ferret said:

What the **** is : /RE?

a colon? :deadbanana2:

It’s kind of cringe :rip:

One of their users posted this reply to some Habsburg

NoqPCWq_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

then he liked the tweet  :rip: And it’s one of their top posts now 

Edited by tellem

1 hour ago, Katamari said:

a colon? :deadbanana2:

Im so confused… a colon like that part of the intestine ? I don’t think so

1 minute ago, Ferret said:

Im so confused… a colon like that part of the intestine ? I don’t think so

Re is for Reddit 

that’s a link to a  Reddit thread :dies: 

1 minute ago, Katamari said:

Re is for Reddit 

that’s a link to a  Reddit thread :dies: 

Oh wow. Sorry, Never used Reddit :ahh: 

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Oh wow. Sorry, Never used Reddit :ahh: 

youre good :bibliahh:

Monarchy is God's sacred mission to grace and dignify the earth. To give ordinary people an ideal to strive towards, an example of nobility and duty to raise them in their wretched lives. Monarchy is a calling from God. That is why Kings and Queens are crowned in an abbey, not a government building.

Long Live The Queen 

Edited by HANZ94