Record Player + Speaker Suggestions?

stjosephprey4us

Hi everyone! (Sorry in advance if this vein of thread is already posted somewhere) I am looking to purchase my first real record player, and I am wondering if anyone has any USA-centric products to suggest. I am not necessarily looking for top of the line/ the most expensive, but still high quality and durable. I currently have a very crappy like $50 one from just a cheap random store that I’ve been using with the speaker on the actual player, but it’s obviously very muffled and low quality sounding. I’ve never bought speakers before so I am also wondering for suggestions for these, unless there is a record player that has good enough built-in speakers that you wouldn’t need to buy external ones? I am very newb-ish, so the more you want to dumb it down, that’s fine with me! I also am tired of having vinyl exclusive tracks (NTTD demo RSD exclusive, FATM’s AFAICG, Olivia Rodrigo enough for you piano version UO exclusive, Halsey’s Gasoline remastered, etc. I’m looking at you!) so I am hoping that any record players suggested would be compatible with making a high quality, clear sounding vinyl rip. Once again I know really nothing about all this, so if there are any external hardwares anyone can recommend for vinyl ripping, that is also much appreciated. Thank you in advance! 

Yamaha TT-S303 Turntable is really good but you might want to upgrade the catridge on it. Can't recommend speakers since I got second hand yamaha ones. 

I have the U-Turn Orbit and it's very beginner friendly but high quality. Never heard a bad thing about it. The basic model with a built in preamp will run you $269. 

As far as speakers, one of the best budget options is Elac Debut B5.2, not necessarily full of bells and whistles like other more expensive speakers but they get the job done; they're around $260.

So that's a basic, bare minimum upgrade for around $529. Not cheap, but cheaper than most other setups. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.