SCOTUS rules 6-3 against NY state's conceal carry law

Espresso

You can thank all of the far-left idiots who didn't vote for Hillary in 2016, allowing Trump to appoint three SC judges. "But Bernie promised me free stuff !1111!!!!!!!"

Edited by Brishka

I've been looking at like 20 different sites in the last few minutes to try and get clarity on what apparently are restrictions that can still be allowed in certain contexts and I haven't gotten any better understanding. Otherwise I'd update the OP. The legal experts are probably still reading the opinion as we speak.

For the record, NY Gov Kathy Hochul said two weeks ago in an interview her lawyers were ready for this ruling and possible workarounds in certain settings as the language in some parts is apparently vague. I'm not a lawyer or constitutional scholar.

If anyone finds any better clarity in the next hour please feel free to post and I'll include in the OP.

9 minutes ago, Brishka said:

You can thank all of the far-left idiots who didn't vote for Hillary in 2016, allowing Trump to appoint three SC judges. "But Bernie promised me free stuff !1111!!!!!!!"

Is Bernie Sanders here in the room with us right now? 

18 minutes ago, Erotic said:

Damn. The GOP are so organized and effective :rip:

Trump appointed three judges. 

10 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Trump appointed three judges. 

Well that's what I meant, he/McConnell did it very swiftly. 

Gosh, please just let us regulate the possession of deadly weapons. I live in New England and I really enjoy the fact that I am 4x less likely to be the victim of gun violence because of these policies.  

If Texas wants to be psychopathic and sacrifice children so that they can jack off with their guns, fine, but let us reasonable people make common sense decisions over here.  

I've updated the OP with some clarifiers but to be completely frank a lot of it's still going over my head. Again, not a lawyer.

Lot on conflation being done to open carry which wasn't what was addressed here. Will continue to look for more sources.

56 minutes ago, Brishka said:

You are screaming as if 500 votes from New York and L.A. cost Hillary the election.

Screaming about the "far-left idiots" that supposedly cost the dems an election is easier than recognizing that the establishment Dems set themselves up for this and enabled the Republicans to do things like this. And that they are currently enabling another far-right sweep in the midterms and the upcoming presidential election by not moving their policies further left, and are instead pandering to far-right idiots instead á la Manchin & Sinema. :rip: 

2 minutes ago, Arthoe said:

You are screaming as if 500 votes from New York and L.A. cost Hillary the election.

Screaming about the "far-left idiots" that supposedly cost the dems an election is easier than recognizing that the establishment Dems set themselves up for this and enabled the Republicans to do things like this. And that they are currently enabling another far-right sweep in the midterms and the upcoming presidential election by not moving their policies further left, and are instead pandering to instead á la Manchin & Sinema. :rip: 

She's a competent centrist Democrat who will almost certainly run for president one day.  

Of course, they will be pandering to Manchine. His approval rating has skyrocketed. https://www.wboy.com/news/west-virginia/joe-manchins-approval-rating-sky-rockets-in-west-virginia/

Pandering to the far-left is a recipe for disaster.  

1 hour ago, Brishka said:

Every time you chucklefucks say **** like this, I regret selling my soul to vote for Hillary in a state where she lost by 5%.

1 minute ago, Brishka said:

She's a competent centrist Democrat who will almost certainly run for president one day.  

Of course, they will be pandering to Manchine. His approval rating has skyrocketed. https://www.wboy.com/news/west-virginia/joe-manchins-approval-rating-sky-rockets-in-west-virginia/

Why would it be a disaster, no political party in the US has EVER pandered to the far-left. Or the moderate left. Or even social-democrats. There's no base of evidence, it literally has never happened. And it's never gonna happen, I've accepted that y'all are gonna end up a white supremacist dictatorship, defactors are gonna end up in Europe as refugees and that a nuclear war that the Americans WILL start is gonna be the end for us all :rip: 

There needs to be a severe restructuring of the Supreme Court. Justices should non biased and not voting along party lines or on personal beliefs, this country is so ******

15 minutes ago, Arthoe said:

Why would it be a disaster, no political party in the US has EVER pandered to the far-left. Or the moderate left. Or even social-democrats. There's no base of evidence, it literally has never happened. And it's never gonna happen, I've accepted that y'all are gonna end up a white supremacist dictatorship, defactors are gonna end up in Europe as refugees and that a nuclear war that the Americans WILL start is gonna be the end for us all :rip: 

Yes, if little communists keep sabotaging sane neoliberal Democrats who are pushing for gay rights, abortions and gun control, you are going to end up with a dictatorship. The MAGA insurrections within the GOP are like two elections away from seizing power. Hillary recently warned that the U.S. is on the cusp of losing its democracy. 

I can't emphasize strong enough how much I hate both the far-left and the far-right.   

As a New Yorker this terrifies me. I’m not a lawyer so I’m not sure what this means exactly — but does this basically mean that anyone who is able to own a gun can carry it wherever in public? What about places like grocery stores, malls, etc? 

Edited by HeavyMetalAura

1 hour ago, Brishka said:

I don’t regret my vote for Queen Jill Stein 

IWfBEjo.jpg

OT: need to know.mp3 how this will affect California :lakitu:

4 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Yes, if little communists keep sabotaging sane neoliberal Democrats who are pushing for gay rights, abortions and gun control, you are going to end up with a dictatorship. The MAGA insurrections within the GOP are like two elections away from seizing power. Hillary recently warned that the U.S. is on the cusp of losing its democracy. 

I can't emphasize strong enough how much I hate both the far-left and the far-right.   

...except no neo-liberal pushes for gay rights, abortions and gun control. that's what the left actually does. what the average neoliberal in the US does is STIFLE ALL OF THESE POLICIES BECAUSE THEY WANNA BUDDY UP WITH REPUBLICANS, THEY ARE F*CKING BRAGGING ON TWITTER ABOUT HOW AWFUL AND LACKLUSTER THEIR POLICIES ARE AND HOW THE REPUBLICANS STILL REJECT THEM EVEN THOUGH THEY MEET THEM THREE QUARTERS OF THE WAY :rip:

Literal delusion. 

1 hour ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

As a New Yorker this terrifies me. I’m not a lawyer so I’m not sure what this means exactly — but does this basically mean that anyone who is able to own a gun can carry it wherever in public? What about places like grocery stores, malls, etc? 

Watch the whole thing. Immediate press conference the Governor did right afterwards. 

Will likely have one if not several emergency sessions for new legislation regarding restrictions on private property among other things. 

There's a lot that's not clear here but there's clearly going to be subsequent legislation from NY state and court battles.

2 hours ago, Arthoe said:

Screaming about the "far-left idiots" that supposedly cost the dems an election is easier than recognizing that the establishment Dems set themselves up for this and enabled the Republicans to do things like this. And that they are currently enabling another far-right sweep in the midterms and the upcoming presidential election by not moving their policies further left, and are instead pandering to far-right idiots instead á la Manchin & Sinema. :rip: 

Right wing Dems would rather lose the election than control of the party.

a precursor to roe v wade getting murked tomorrow

4 hours ago, Brishka said:

“The wealthy white incompetent politician deserved to be president”. 

you are the epitome of an unserious thinker. Its not even laughably bad. Like your political views got us Trump. If you had half a mind or even curiosity to look further into serious political discussion that would be that conclusion you reach. 

Embarrassing behavior 

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, Brishka said:

Reminder that more of Bernie’s supporters voted for Hillary in 2016 than Hillary supporters voted for Obama in 2008. Hillary not campaigning in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania and wasting money in Utah instead cost her the election. And I voted for Hillary over Bernie in 2016. 

After a deadly school shooting that shocked the world the decision from the Supreme Court is to remove some of the only Gun restrictions the US actually has :rip: 

Worms

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.