More Impressive: “Break My Soul” vs “Stupid Love” First Day?

Brikenbur

Stupid Love: less playlist reach, leaked a month before release, not a 5-year hyped comeback

Seems like it's SL after all :sorry:

This really has to stop, enough words have already been exchanged regarding this in the BMS Spotify thread. BMS outdid it, the numbers are all there, there’s literally nothing to debate any further. The way ATRL will ruin this exciting new era by comparing it to Chromatica the entire time :rainy: 

1 hour ago, RideOrDie said:

hmm stupid love had significantly less playlist exposure, why is that not mentioned :mandown:

with that TTH position, no :coffee:

i dont know if id use the word impressive since the numbers are similar but i think bms had a better outcome considering the conditions

Who in the goddamn **** cares... just enjoy the music for once.

2 hours ago, Shelter said:

Considering BMS also was #3 on AM compared to SL #49. I’m going to go with that. 

Me too.

Especially since it will also sell more.

Well, since Gaga has been "over" since 2013 and is a "fad" who "needs Bradley, Ariana, and Blackpink", I would say hers is more impressive. It's funny how suddenly the Hive is comparing their fave to someone they've been dragging for years in order to "look better". :rip:

2 hours ago, Winged said:

Gaga had advantage of people being locked at homes because of lockdown so many people could tune in plus was heavily promoted everywhere 

Beyonce released out of nowhere with no promo of song or ads etc

People did not use Spotify more during those days tbh

Music streaming consumption declined significantly during Covid-19 in many countries: Study

_____

Spotify Monthly Active Users

during Q1 '20 - 280m

during Q1 '22 - 420m

Thats 47% more users

Spotify Playlisting

SL - 78m

BMS - 104m

That's 24% bigger exposure 

Yet, SL did SL did 3.7% more streams during its first day

SL debut - 5.6m streams in 2020

BMS debut - 5.4m streams in 2022 

Both figures are good imo.

Edited by Rhiannon

4 hours ago, Shelter said:

Considering BMS also was #3 on AM compared to SL #49. I’m going to go with that. 

Exactly. Besides, Bey provided a chance for every single fan base to lash out at little monsters, we truly don't deserve her, whew :fan:

I didn't know the monsters and the hive were feuding :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.