• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• State of Grace.

• Thor

• Nicholai

• jjmed59

12 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

Gaga walked, so Beyoncé could stagger... BMS is far worse than anything Gaga's done.

only little monsters can have this type of delusion and audacity ajfkdkf

BMS produced by honey dijon and featuring big freedia is a better house attempt than anything on chromatica, which was produced by bloodclot and featured blackpink on its most house inspired song. they are not the same. 

but we do give credit where its due and gaga def did do house before bey. prob inspired her to do it better so for that we are grateful

Dua's album isn't even house, they may have a case with Gaga and even then one song here and there has house influences.

And there you have it, reputable publications acknowledging FACTS. :clap3:

Gaga has always been a trendsetter, and is always inspiring other artists in the industry. That’s what you call a LEGEND. :clap3:

Can’t we just be happy dance music is BACK!

2 minutes ago, jjmed59 said:

BMS produced by honey dijon and featuring big freedia is a better house attempt than anything on chromatica, which was produced by bloodclot and featured blackpink on its most house inspired song. they are not the same. 

but we do give credit where its due and gaga def did do house before bey. prob inspired her to do it better so for that we are grateful

Ok and that’s subjective. 

But yes, the fact remains that Gaga is pretty much responsible for reviving this genre. The Chromatica Effect is real.

Gaga always a trendsetter :clap3:

Gaga had nothing to do with this. Chromatica made zero impact on pop culture.

Future Nostalgia on the other hand was a complete MOMENT. Will always be revered as one of the best pop era’s of all time. But even it’s not 90’s house lol.

2 hours ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

And only Dua succeded at it 

Gaga is about to embark on a WW stadium tour, something not everyone can say. Considering other girls are struggling to sell tickets that cost as much as a bottle of poppers and a McDonald's Chicken Nugget meal combined, Gaga clearly succeeded at it.

TRL-DEFINITE.thumb.gif.b3bf944a1e4d5eb5f

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Ok and that’s subjective. 

But yes, the fact remains that Gaga is pretty much responsible for reviving this genre. The Chromatica Effect is real.

Its hardly subjective actually. Bey honored the genre by involving people who were experienced with it. That in itself is already a better attempt. Doesnt matter if we like it or not, what matters is she did the research for a house track. Gaga’s is watered down whichever way you put it (maybe if she released the free woman demo version instead we’d be able to compare but alas).

and the genre didnt need reviving, it was well maintained with many bops released every year since like 2012. this is why you monsters are annoying. she repopularized it but to act like it was dead :rip:

i dont think its quite saying that :mandown: 

17 minutes ago, jjmed59 said:

Well Break My Soul was not produced by Honey Dijon, lets do some research before trying to drag ?

Nor claiming Gaga owns House or is solely responsible for making the genre happen again (same thing applies to Bey) but yall gays have been so exhausting.

Edited by State of Grace.

Why is so hard to accept that Dua and Gaga (and The Weeknd) releasing dance music (EDM, house, disco or whatever) during the pandemic made an impact and this is being reinforced in the post-pandemic world by urban artist like Drake or Bey doing house and dance tracks? It is really not that deep. 

This is BS. Future Nostalgia is 80s synthpop downe. Like listen to Physical and tell me it's 90s house :rip: 

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Well Break My Soul was not produced by Honey Dijon, lets do some research before trying to drag ?

Nor claiming Gaga owns House or is solely responsible for making the genre happen again (same thing applies to Bey) but yall gays have been so exhausting.

:clown:my little monster jumped out :clown:

Regardless Honey Dijon is involved with Renaissance so their effect and knowledge is certain on the entire album (esp since they were a 90s dj during the height of house)z Big Freedia also adds to that.

The way Chromatica sessions began in 2017-18 with heavy house demos. Her mind :jonny5:

remember how Coldplay and Doja's albums were thematically and visually reminiscent of Chromatica? and now its sound is influencing other artists as well! ahh my trendsetting fave :gaygacat3:

19 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

:toofunny2:

13 minutes ago, jjmed59 said:

Regardless Honey Dijon is involved with Renaissance so their effect and knowledge is certain on the entire album (esp since they were a 90s dj during the height of house)z Big Freedia also adds to that.

Big Freedia is not a house artist, she's bounce/EDM :rip:

And Gaga in fact recruited Honey Dijon (and other house producers like Ralph Rosario and Purple Disco Machine) for the FW/ROM remixes. So again, research and then try to counter.

OT: Always ahead of the curve :clap3:

28 minutes ago, LanaXtinaFan said:

Gaga had nothing to do with this. Chromatica made zero impact on pop culture.

Future Nostalgia on the other hand was a complete MOMENT. Will always be revered as one of the best pop era’s of all time. But even it’s not 90’s house lol.

Facts >>>>>> your feelings.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Shoful said:

I don’t understand why people are denying Gaga this claim. I can’t think of any popular stars doing house music recently until Chromatica. I’m honestly surprised the trend took off tho when everyone else was releasing Disco 

House is derivative of disco, so the two genres are really intertwined, especially in modern versions.

--

While Future Nostalgia is known more as disco inspired, songs like Hallucinate are pretty clearly house IMO.

3 minutes ago, Rino said:

remember how Coldplay and Doja's albums were thematically and visually reminiscent of Chromatica? and now its sound is influencing other artists as well! ahh my trendsetting fave :gaygacat3:

Wait I forgot all about that. Those were also heavily influenced by Chromatica. :jonny5:

Chromatica really is that album. :heart2:

And before anyone else tries it with "umm Gaga and her producers didn't do their research on house music :isudumblmao:" she literally posted this entire playlist of 90s house/disco bangers and classics before the release to prep everyone and make it clear where the album was drawing its primary influences from. It's still on her Spotify page.

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

28 minutes ago, jjmed59 said:

Beyoncé clearly understood the assignment and did her research. I'm not arguing with that.

And as pointed out by Marry above, Gaga has also worked with Honey Dijon and other House producers for some remixes in 2020.

But what I'm trying to say is that Dua and Gaga (along with other artists obviously) clearly have helped popularizing dance/house again and the resurgence of 90s dance we've been witnessing this decade (although I'd argue that Dua is more 80s/retro dance). This site just loves discrediting Gaga and certain ignorant fools are out here acting like House isn't a sub-genre of EDM in other threads or saying Chromatica wasn't House. :skull: Pretty embarrassing for a site of so called music fans if you ask me? Suddenly everyone is a House music expert without even knowing what that genre is or how it started. :deadbanana2:

And no that does not mean that Bey sat down in her studio and said "oh lemme copy Gaga and Dua and drop a house album too". :skull: 

Edited by State of Grace.

Dua didn't do anything, she just followed CRJ (even though she isn't successful anymore) and The Weeknd's path :skull: 

Since when a song is more (x genre) because the producer is more experienced in (x genre)? Gaga is a musician and obviously did her research before the making of the album. She talked a lot about her inspiration. If the song sounds like house it is house, nobody cares if it was produced by Bloodpop o Honey Dijon :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.