News outlets: Gaga and Dua marked 90s dance revival

Mr. Stratus

FV3Oa-oXkAE5iyI?format=png&name=900x900

Beyoncé, Drake and the revival of 90s house music - BBC News - [FULL ARTICLE]

"Part of the answer is, almost predictably, the pandemic. Like Lady Gaga and Dua Lipa before them, Drake and Beyoncé are eulogising the redemptive power of dance in an unrecognisable world".

Beyoncé and Drake Reimagine the Rave - The Atlantic - [FULL ARTICLE]

"Predictions of a disco and house craze in mainstream pop have swirled since early 2020, when pulsating, throwback-y albums by Lady Gaga and Dua Lipa careened into the reality that a deadly pandemic had cleared out dancefloors".

Edited by Mr. Stratus

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• State of Grace.

• Thor

• Nicholai

• jjmed59

B-b-but the ATRL Madonna and Katy stans said otherwise? Oh wow :clap3:

Only Dua.

Gaga, the first to do house

It's crazy how Gaga is often ahead of trends.

Dua revived 70's disco, not 90's house. 

"Sending a few royalty cheques to the creators of Show Me Love [...] is a very Beyoncé gesture."

I don't think that's the only cheque that Beyoncé gestures. And this article, along with others, is implicated with that.

I honestly don't remember any hits before 2020, so this could very well be true.

:clap3:

It’s so funny how people deny this by pointing to the fact that black people pioneered house in the 80s as though it somehow invalidates the statement of Gaga/Dua being two prominent artists releasing house-inspired pop music in the 2020s. Two things can be true: 

1) House is a genre created by and popularized by (usually queer) people of color decades ago

2.) pop artists, who happen to be white, had a hand in bringing it to the forefront once again in the early 2020s before Beyoncé released BMS. 

This idea that statement #1 invalidates statement #2— as though only one of those statements can be true — is so ridiculous. Either way, I’m happy that house music is making a comeback, no matter who is responsible! 

Edited by HeavyMetalAura

I love how so many articles mention Dua’s impact on the pop scene. MPG thingz :clap3:

I don’t understand why people are denying Gaga this claim. I can’t think of any popular stars doing house music recently until Chromatica. I’m honestly surprised the trend took off tho when everyone else was releasing Disco 

Ahhhhhh my ******* faves :clap3: 

Obviously critics and the industry agree, who cares about what Katy/Madonna stans and other OGH say?

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

Edited by State of Grace.

• ATRL Moderator

This feels racist.

7 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Katy

Was outright and open about WIG and her vegas residency being inspired by Gaga. Only ATRL has a hard time accepting this.

News outlets were non-bias in their evaluation

TRL-DEFINITE.thumb.gif.b3bf944a1e4d5eb5f

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.