Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?

Weld_E

Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?

• Yes
    • No

insofar as basically the dance-pop genre as a whole is a derivative of house music, sure :rip:.

i voted no

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• collin

• Juanny

• State of Grace.

20 hours ago, Juanny said:

There is NO requirement for a house track for being a certain length. MANY house tracks are at or below 3 minutes. Look at housewerk playlist on Spotify for instance. Somehow if you double length of a song it becomes a diff genre? Miss us with that, that has nothing to do with house music.

House is a very diverse and has many different sounds. And you will know this if you are a house fan, there is so many genres of house. The only requirement is what makes house House, and that is the beat of this dance music genre.

You and everybody else is changing what it means to be a house track to fit your narrative. It’s not about track length. It’s not about ncorporating gospel or whatever sounds. if you don’t know that you have to research more and read basic knowledge on what it is. Google is free

and yes it’s your opinion but you are literally claiming alternative facts. Just Google. Look at what it means to be house music. None of what you said is true of it

That would be true if you don’t actually look at how short each Chromatica track is and notice that there are several segments that are dance pop, edm sounding. Even the OG free woman demo is a house track through and through but then bloodpop contorted it into a more pop radio-ready sounding track. Fwiw I still did say yes to the poll because the influences are so strong and several of the songs have very noticeable house elements BUT as a whole this cannot be merely classified as a house album without also calling it what it is- a pop record from a mainstream pop artist. 

Yes. Alice, Rain On Me, Replay, Sour Candy, Enigma and Babylon are all house songs.

Monsters can cite and quote multiple publications and critics to prove Chromatica is house.

Meanwhile detractors saying „no” can only resort to deflection and personal attacks against monsters and somehow it’s the monsters that are delusional.

The amount of people saying it sounds more like “EDM” like House music isn’t literally EDM… Y’all do the most to try and discredit artists just to look dumb as h*ll. :deadbanana4:

As a fan of Gaga I know monsters are a disaster that’s why I no longer claim them but the OGH circle jerk in here is ridiculous. :bibliahh:

Edited by Fanta

14 hours ago, alfonso12 said:

Yes. Alice, Rain On Me, Replay, Sour Candy, Enigma and Babylon are all house songs.

There is really nothing “house” about Replay. :rip: The others do have a bit of that though.

I think it's more of a eurodance record with clear house influences (eurodance itself does take from house in the end). And that's fine, eurodance is fabulous :WAP:

Edited by Album Leak

Is it?

I don't recall Monsters ever calling it a house album until a few days ago... :rip:  

6 minutes ago, collin said:

There is really nothing “house” about Replay. :rip: The others do have a bit of that though.

Replay is quite literally one of the songs that managed to authentically capture the "90s house" the most on the album :deadbanana2:

4 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

This thread is so embarrassing :toofunny2:

Serving

cooltext413884088358746.png

@Reverse Warholian

:rip:

Chromatica is Edie M&M!! /closethread 

Edited by Reverse Warholian

19 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Replay is quite literally one of the songs that managed to authentically capture the "90s house" the most on the album :deadbanana2:

I fully disagree, sorry. :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator

I mean... it's house-inspired at the very least, I'm not sure what's even up for debate? :rip:

BloodP*p sanitised a lot of the production into oblivion (and yes, he's going to jail for that), but you can hear the original house influence all over the demos.

On 6/22/2022 at 1:36 AM, gatito said:

it's run of the mill electro pop that she has been rehashing since 2011 :coffee2: 

:michael:

The thought that FREAKING BEYONCE would be inspired by someone like... lady ga ga of all people is just so ludicrous :dies:

No! I don't think Beyoncé is looking to artists, who aren't even her peers in 2022, for inspiration :toofunny2:

67ED1261-D41D-46F9-8B20-EAFFE4635664.thu

4 hours ago, Homebrand said:

Is it?

I don't recall Monsters ever calling it a house album until a few days ago... :rip:  

It wasn't. Not even close. They have never called it House because it's not a House album, the only song that could feat that description is Babylon. 

Aldo there's nothing about BMS that sounds like anything from Chromatic a, it has bounce, rapping and a church choir and a popular synth from the 80's. 

OT : no. 

4 hours ago, bluebirdsforever said:

I mean... it's house-inspired at the very least, I'm not sure what's even up for debate? :rip:

BloodP*p sanitised a lot of the production into oblivion (and yes, he's going to jail for that), but you can hear the original house influence all over the demos.

Both demos were made by BloodPop and Gaga. Then they invited other collaborators that changed both songs actually.

Yes, Chromatica is an album heavily influenced by 90’s house music. 

If anyone bought it the forefront recently wouldn’t it be Calvin Harris? 

6 hours ago, collin said:

Just like Rain On Me, Replay is french house, which is a sub-genre of house music that has a lot of disco influences. See:

Gaga is on much safer ground gliding around the joyous French house swirl of Replay

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/may/29/lady-gaga-chromatica-review-ariana-grande-elton-john

“Replay” bridges disco and deep house with time-warping beats as Gaga sings “The scars on my mind are on replay.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/lady-gaga-chromatica-review-1008302/

From the seductive house beats of ‘Replay’

https://diymag.com/2020/06/01/lady-gaga-chromatica-album-review

1 hour ago, alfonso12 said:

Oh, I mean, french house is another story altogether than the narrative that is being stitched together among the discourse. I can give it that, but it’s really an entirely different genre than original house music was.

Yes, Chromatica is house. Especially Sour Candy, Replay and Alice. Gaga dabbled in house back on schieße as well. Whether it's good or not is up for debate. Much of Chromatica is fine but skippable. 

7 hours ago, Homebrand said:

They've even changed it's EDM genre to house on Wikipedia. It didn't say that a few days ago. :bibliahh:

So embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

They've even changed it's EDM genre to house on Wikipedia. It didn't say that a few days ago. :bibliahh:

So embarrassing.

House is literally part of EDM. This post is even more embarrassing :dies: 

I'm hollering at you keeping up with Chromatica's wiki page though. Are the house chores not keeping you busy lately? 

Edited by State of Grace.