Jump to content

Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?


Weld_E
 Share

Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?  

248 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?

    • Yes
      109
    • No
      138


Recommended Posts

It has house elements with some songs heavily using the genre so yes to a certain extent?

Beyoncé’s song is also a pop/mainstream take on house to a certain degree but is more of a “strictly house” song than anything on Chromatica.  
Y’all need to realize these are mainstream pop musicians whose broad musical appeal relies on synthesis of multiple genres and sounds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Squall

    4

  • collin

    4

  • Juanny

    8

  • State of Grace.

    8

its more dance/edm

but it has house songs.

so I say NO!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

It has house elements with some songs heavily using the genre so yes to a certain extent?

Beyoncé’s song is also a pop/mainstream take on house to a certain degree but is more of a “strictly house” song than anything on Chromatica.  
Y’all need to realize these are mainstream pop musicians whose broad musical appeal relies on synthesis of multiple genres and sounds. 

what make Beyoncé’s song ‘more house’? What does that even mean, the song is either House beats / tempo / beat pattern or not. Do you know what house music is to be saying this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator

As house music lover, I encourage y’all to know what house music is. It’s a style of electronic music and u need to read the Wikipedia article. Their sample beat is here:

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:House_Music_Demo.ogg

 

At around 2 minutes you will hear a classic house beat it is used prominently in ROM, Alice, 1000 doves, and others on Chromatica. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Juanny said:

The poll :skull: does ATRL not know what is the sound of house music? I’m so perplexed, cause many of the songs are in-your-face house. Like the house beats are blasting out of the speakers like crazy

 

This album is 100% a house / dance album. There is literally no denying it when more than half the songs have THE classic and standard house beats and sounds on it and the house music tempo.

Gaga’s voice maybe gives it a different poppier twist and there’s a few songs like stupid love that lean to more of a dance pop sound but most of the album is house and anyone who ever listens to house music (I go to house clubs every weekend) will hear the sounds right away

Judging by the poll and the replies in this thread, ATRL does not listen to house nor do they know what it actually is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

no

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

Household waste maybe

the scream i let out :bibliahh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

It is PRIMARILY a house record, as Rolling Stone stated.

 

V5PSB1Z.png

 

@Juanny Do you think you know more than Rolling Stone writers about what genre the album is?

 

Im confused by why you’re tagging me. I say it’s a house record, rolling stone says it’s a house record…. So we agree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i voted no because i don't know how house even sounds like :-*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes it is, the problem is that Stupid Love, yes a pop song is a poor representation of the albums true sound. 911 is the only other pop song. Everything else is House. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Without a doubt yes.  A few songs lean more towards EDM and traditional Gaga-esque dance pop, but as a whole, it’s very much a house-inspired album with several songs that are considered house.  Idk why this is such a contentious issue all of the sudden, it’s like some people want to revise history bc their fave jumped on a trend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gaga's haters and their worms never fail to amaze me

 

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Juanny said:

Im confused by why you’re tagging me. I say it’s a house record, rolling stone says it’s a house record…. So we agree

Sorry, I thought you were saying the poll results show ATRL didn't understand it was NOT a House record. Apologies.

 

Edited by NausAllien
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Juanny said:

The poll :skull: does ATRL not know what is the sound of house music? I’m so perplexed, cause many of the songs are in-your-face house. Like the house beats are blasting out of the speakers like crazy

 

This album is 100% a house / dance album. There is literally no denying it when more than half the songs have THE classic and standard house beats and sounds on it and the house music tempo.

Gaga’s voice maybe gives it a different poppier twist and there’s a few songs like stupid love that lean to more of a dance pop sound but most of the album is house and anyone who ever listens to house music (I go to house clubs every weekend) will hear the sounds right away

 

26 minutes ago, Juanny said:

As house music lover, I encourage y’all to know what house music is. It’s a style of electronic music and u need to read the Wikipedia article. Their sample beat is here:

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:House_Music_Demo.ogg

 

At around 2 minutes you will hear a classic house beat it is used prominently in ROM, Alice, 1000 doves, and others on Chromatica. 

Daddy Juanny lecturing the girls as usual :clap3: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It has some house elements but is a pop album

 

Is a lot more similar to the 2010s stuff.

 

I love Chromatica, is my 2nd favorite Gaga album, but it had no influence over anyone or lasting impact, the album was a huge underperformance while it deserved more.

 

I say this because there are users implying that it had influence over Beyonce while there is ZERO CHANCE of that.

 

Same happened with Joanne, every time Gaga puts some “insert genre” elements on an album and some other mainstream artist does some experimenting with that genre, her base claims that she influenced them :skull: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

Household waste maybe

HELP :deadbanana2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Without a doubt yes.  A few songs lean more towards EDM and traditional Gaga-esque dance pop, but as a whole, it’s very much a house-inspired album with several songs that are considered house.  Idk why this is such a contentious issue all of the sudden, it’s like some people want to revise history bc their fave jumped on a trend.

Yep! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gustavothehuman said:

It has elements of house but it's mostly a pop/EDM record, little monsters need to stop thinking Gaga invented the world every time a major artist drops their lead.

This :cm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kyliefever2002 said:

its just that chromatica has been referred to as a house body of work more in the last 24 hours than in 2 years of release 

Because two major artists just released house records? It's not surprising that we'd then discuss what other artists have released house music in the last few years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not with those track lengths :rip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For sure it's a dance album, and house is one of the it's genre. Even it has won Billboard Dance Artist/album or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

Household waste maybe

:toofunny2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I love Chromatica, is my 2nd favorite Gaga album, but it had no influence over anyone or lasting impact, the album was a huge underperformance while it deserved more.

 

I say this because there are users implying that it had influence over Beyonce while there is ZERO CHANCE of that.

 

Same happened with Joanne, every time Gaga puts some “insert genre” elements on an album and some other mainstream artist does some experimenting with that genre, her base claims that she influenced them :skull: 

But how can you be sure there's zero chance Chromatica influenced Beyonce? How would you know? Yeah it may be a reach, but, unfortunately, there's a fairly strong argument that it did influence Beyonce because she dropped house music after Gaga's hit ROM introduced the mainstream to house.

Edited by Aristide
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I say this because there are users implying that it had influence over Beyonce while there is ZERO CHANCE of that.

 

Same happened with Joanne, every time Gaga puts some “insert genre” elements on an album and some other mainstream artist does some experimenting with that genre, her base claims that she influenced them :skull: 

That's where I think a lot of people on this forum are wrong.  Popular musicians listen to Gaga's records, she's still one of the biggest pop artists today.  This is the 3rd or 4th time in Gaga's career that she's released an album with a particular sound that immediately pre-cursed a wave of albums with similar sounds and inspirations.  We can either pretend that it's a super strange coincidence this continues to happen or actually acknowledge that she's been incredibly influential in driving the sound of pop over the past decade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...