Pitchfork: "thank you Beyoncé"

taemin

12 minutes ago, Shinning said:

There is nothing wrong with someone not writing their music. Not everyone is a songwriter. Whitney and Celine didn't write any of their songs, are they less legendary cause of that? Not to mention Beyoncé writes plenty and has heavy input in all her songs arrangement and production.

ALSO what should be criticized is professional singers that can't sing but none of y'all say anything about that huh?

I couldn't care less about Whitney or Celine and their legendary statuses. Songwriting is a huge, if not the main aspect, for a lot of people when it comes to deciding who they'll listen to. That doesn't mean you don't get to decide if you will listen to someone who doesn't write their own songs, but I don't see why people wouldn't criticise someone for not doing if that's what they care about. Beyonce could release a spectacular album and I still wouldn't listen to it cause seing 70 writers on it automatically makes me dislike it

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mobility Mary

• Squall

• Red Mage

• *-ChriZ-*

4 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

I couldn't care less about Whitney or Celine and their legendary statuses. Songwriting is a huge, if not the main aspect, for a lot of people when it comes to deciding who they'll listen to. That doesn't mean you don't get to decide if you will listen to someone who doesn't write their own songs, but I don't see why people wouldn't criticise someone for not doing if that's what they care about. Beyonce could release a spectacular album and I still wouldn't listen to it cause seing 70 writers on it automatically makes me dislike it

Imagine having such an snobby attitude when it comes to music, my god

Just now, Love Again said:

Imagine having such an snobby attitude when it comes to music, my god

Lmao you must be delusional since there's a **** ton of people who don't listen to singers who don't write their music. Not surprised considering your avi tho.

22 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

So you agree then, thanks for confirmation!

It is literally the opposite situation from what you were replying to, Pitchfork have never "licked Taylor's ass" :deadbanana4:

Lmao you must be delusional since there's a **** ton of people who don't listen to singers who don't write their music. Not surprised considering your avi tho.

Dua has co-written 95 % of her catalogue and is deeply involved in the making of the songs, so idk what ur trying to imply here :michael:

20 hours ago, Josh said:

it sounds like a Rupaul soundtrack

Lol I didn’t think of this but you’re right.

14 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

You decide if music is good based on how many people contributed to it instead of actually listening and making up your own mind? :bibliahh:

What a sad little life Jane

drunk-dancing.gif

9 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Dua has co-written 95 % of her catalogue and is deeply involved in the making of the songs, so idk what ur trying to imply here :michael:

Fair enough, but let people decide what matters to them when it comes to choosing what they listen to. So many people base it on the artist's songwriting so I am confused why people pretend like it's a foreign concept to defend Beyonce.

23 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

This actually makes me feel really sad for you. You wouldn't listen to a potentially amazing song because multiple people contributed to the creation of it? That's an incredibly miserable outlook.

27 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

This is such a weird mentality:doc: the reality is that the mass majority of music listeners could care less who wrote what. You’re depriving yourself of so much great music. Disliking Beyoncé is a weird flex

5 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

This actually makes me feel really sad for you. You wouldn't listen to a potentially amazing song because multiple people contributed to the creation of it? That's an incredibly miserable outlook.

There's a huge difference between a few people contributing to a song and someone like Beyonce barely contributing anything songwriting wise to her albums. I couldn't care less what a camp of 70 people have to say about her marriage struggles. There's enough amazing artists who write their own material and one lifetime wouldn't be enough to discover all of their discographies. If you don't care about it tho, you are still free to listen to whatever you want.

She releases a bad dance song and everyone calls her the savior of dance/house music. Of course. Beyonce is the most overrated singer - she does not wrote her songs, all she does is take from other people's ideas & suddenly they're deep and innovative. 

This dance pop trend (Lizzo, Beyonce, Drake, Bieber, Ed) needs to end now. It is terrible. 

There's a huge difference between a few people contributing to a song and someone like Beyonce barely contributing anything songwriting wise to her albums. I couldn't care less what a camp of 70 people have to say about her marriage struggles. There's enough amazing artists who write their own material and one lifetime wouldn't be enough to discover all of their discographies. If you don't care about it tho, you are still free to listen to whatever you want.

U are so blinded by numbers that u fail to realize that the majority of these "writers" that are listed are listed there because of SAMPLES Bey uses in her song, a stylistic CHOICE that is very common in Urban/Hiphop music. :rip:

its not like 70 people are writing an album. The fact u think that is :rip:

3 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

As I said, I think that's incredibly sad. Music is there for you to interpret it how you feel, so it's irrelevant who wrote on it and how many did so. I understand you've resigned yourself to believing this narrative about Beyoncé's songwriting, despite every writer and producer she's ever worked with telling you otherwise, but to not enjoy music because there are multiple people involved in creating it is so miserable I'm genuinely a bit shocked that there is someone with such a ridiculous mentality.

But hey, if you want to miss out on good music because there's more than your allowed amount of songwriters involved, then that's your loss. :toofunny3:

Just now, *-ChriZ-* said:

U are so blinded by numbers that u fail to realize that the majority of these "writers" that are listed are listed there because of SAMPLES Bey uses in her song, a stylistic CHOICE that is very common in Urban/Hiphop music. :rip:

its not like 70 people are writing an album. The fact u think that is :rip:

She still doesn't write her music no matter the number so what's your point :rip:

Just now, Mobility Mary said:

She still doesn't write her music no matter the number so what's your point :rip:

And u know that because? Ur in the Studio? U know what shes doing there?

U know what her input on the vocal layering, the choice of words, etc is?

Its all projection on ur part.  

Ud consider a conductor not to be a musician because he's not actively playing an Instrument or what?

1 minute ago, MrLovett said:

As I said, I think that's incredibly sad. Music is there for you to interpret it how you feel, so it's irrelevant who wrote on it and how many did so. I understand you've resigned yourself to believing this narrative about Beyoncé's songwriting, despite every writer and producer she's ever worked with telling you otherwise, but to not enjoy music because there are multiple people involved in creating it is so miserable I'm genuinely a bit shocked that there is someone with such a ridiculous mentality.

But hey, if you want to miss out on good music because there's more than your allowed amount of songwriters involved, then that's your loss. :toofunny3:

How is it irrelevant? It's irrelevant to you maybe, to many people it isn't. Do your think Joni Mitchell or Kate Bush for example would be who they are if they released the exact same music they did while barely having any songwriting contribution on it? Do you think the same amount of people would still listen to them and appriciate them just as much if those same albums were written by song writing camps?

And I personally don't like Beyonce's music in the slightest so it's not like I'm depraving myself of something here

24 minutes ago, Headlock said:

It is literally the opposite situation from what you were replying to, Pitchfork have never "licked Taylor's ass" :deadbanana4:

This thread is about Beyonce, stop bringing up white mediocrity in a thread about Bey. It's interesting out of all posts and discussions going in here, you bring my quick little part in a post pointing out a Swiftie's hypocrisy dragging Bey for something their own fave benefits. I don't want to discuss your fave in a thread about Beyonce getting acclaim for her VOCALS and versatility. If you don't have anything to add about THAT, then stop responding on an off-topic rant and bringing a white woman in a thread that has nothing to do with her and whitewashing this thread from that conversation. I don't want to hear anything from you, you came here and said nothing about Bey but see one throwaway mention and is throwing a fit over it. Stop inserting a conversation about your dull fave in a thread about Beyonce's rave acclaim. Jesus ******* Christ.

2 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

How is it irrelevant? It's irrelevant to you maybe, to many people it isn't. Do your think Joni Mitchell or Kate Bush for example would be who they are if they released the exact same music they did while barely having any songwriting contribution on it? Do you think the same amount of people would still listen to them and appriciate them just as much if those same albums were written by song writing camps?

And I personally don't like Beyonce's music in the slightest so it's not like I'm depraving myself of something here

I'm absolutely certain that Joni Mitchell and Kate Bush would be just as successful if they created the exact same music with writing camps. Because 99.9% of people do not check the credits of song at any point, let alone to tell them whether they should enjoy the song or not. :toofunny3: It's genuinely one of the most ridiculous takes on music I've ever heard.

3 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I'm absolutely certain that Joni Mitchell and Kate Bush would be just as successful if they created the exact same music with writing camps. Because 99.9% of people do not check the credits of song at any point, let alone to tell them whether they should enjoy the song or not. :toofunny3: It's genuinely one of the most ridiculous takes on music I've ever heard.

Except that they were never successful with gp and found success thanks to their dedicated fans who appreciate them for their talents, including the songwriting. And I have no idea why you keep refering to gp and how gp listens to music when the sales or streams are not the point here. No one argued that you can't be successful without writing your own music

1 minute ago, Mobility Mary said:

Except that they were never successful with gp and found success thanks to their dedicated fans who appreciate them for their talents, including the songwriting. And I have no idea why you keep refering to gp and how gp listens to music when the sales or streams are not the point here. No one argued that you can't be successful without writing your own music

I didn't mention the GP at any point in that post. I think you actively not listening to music because there are multiple people involved in the creation of it is pretty sad and a miserable outlook to have. That's all.

2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I didn't mention the GP at any point in that post. I think you actively not listening to music because there are multiple people involved in the creation of it is pretty sad and a miserable outlook to have. That's all.

I don't avoid music cause multiple people were involved in the creation tho. Multiple people were involved in the making of the album in my avi, yet there's still a big difference in that or something like Lemonade where the person releasing it is basically just the singer on an album created by other people.

7 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

I don't avoid music cause multiple people were involved in the creation tho. Multiple people were involved in the making of the album in my avi, yet there's still a big difference in that or something like Lemonade where the person releasing it is basically just the singer on an album created by other people.

Except that's not what Lemonade is, which the writers and producers who worked with Beyoncé on it have stated extensively. :toofunny3: It's time to stop burying your head in the sand, because it only makes you look bad.

1 hour ago, Mobility Mary said:

Well have fun listening to Taylor Swift struggle to stay on tune while singing the songs she wrote then.

Just 19 Obvious Reasons Why Whitney Houston Is The Greatest Of All Time

Edited by Shinning

4 minutes ago, Shinning said:

Well have fun listening to Taylor Swift struggle to stay on tune while singing the songs she wrote then.

Just 19 Obvious Reasons Why Whitney Houston Is The Greatest Of All Time

This reach. Who the **** mentioned Taylor? :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.