Guardian : Break My Soul doesn't break the mould

BadMonster96

Not everything Bey does has to be revolutionary :rip: she can make music just for the fun of it 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• gab00

• Totami Legend

• MotoPapi

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MusicTalker said:

She didn’t need to break the mold, she’s already done that throughout her career.  What she did here is take a popular sound and absolutely killed it with her interpretation. You all are lying if you say the LGBT community has not been secretly begging for a song like this from Beyoncé for ages. She heard and delivered.

“Interpretation” she is not even singing  please:rip:

Would Alexis Petridis lie? Alexis_Petridis,_L.png?width=300&quality

3oOBoVl.png

it didn't need to break the mould, it needed to be a decent track, which, it is not.

it feels 8 minutes long and so repetitive

ivzruoyctutum47j11.gif

3 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

it didn't need to break the mould, it needed to be a decent track, which, it is not.

it feels 8 minutes long and so repetitive

ivzruoyctutum47j11.gif

tea

it is at least 1 minute longer than it should 

Does she have to break the mold with every release or what? :rip: 

the song is boring imo and there have been a lot of songs that did this sound better in recent years

I like it, it`s not a brillant song, i bet it will be great dancing to, and i bet she only having fun. Stop demanding from artists, they record what they want, she doens`t need always a pionner or innovative, sometimes they need only have some fun.

If that's how they feel then at least they are being honest.

During the self-titled and LEMONADE eras, it seemed like a crime to say anything bad or constructively critical about Bey.

32 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Does she have to break the mold with every release or what? :rip: 

apparently setting the bar so high means u cant just release a fun song

Of course it sounds weirdly familiar. It samples the same song other songs have sampled. And it sounds like a legit Chromatica b-side.

1 hour ago, Insanity said:

apparently setting the bar so high means u cant just release a fun song

No, it means you can release TRASH. "Blow" is a fun song, but it's actually GOOD.

The fact that literally no one expected a house song from Beyoncé in 2022 during a trap era has me gagging. I love that she goes left when everyone is going right. Same with her doing R&B while everyone else was doing dance/edm. 

People can’t box her in and their mad. Plus the song is a great escape from the doom and gloom music lately. A bop. 

56 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

The fact that literally no one expected a house song from Beyoncé in 2022 during a trap era has me gagging. I love that she goes left when everyone is going right. Same with her doing R&B while everyone else was doing dance/edm. 

People can’t box her in and their mad. Plus the song is a great escape from the doom and gloom music lately. A bop. 

It’s not a trap era anymore. Most big stars are either doing rock or this house/chill club music Beyonce is now also doing. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.