Guardian : Break My Soul doesn't break the mould

BadMonster96

"Rather than presenting her audience with something strikingly different, Break My Soul sounds weirdly familiar."

"It’s a mid-tempo house track based around a keyboard bass sound that – without wishing to be overly technical – very closely resembles setting number 17 on the Korg M1 synthesiser. Even if you’ve never heard of a Korg M1 synthesiser, you’ve heard that sound: it’s the basis of the 1993 Stonebridge remix of Robin S’s Show Me Love and MK’s 1992 remix"

"In Britain at least, we’ve heard a lot of pop singles that sound like one or both of them in the last decade."

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• gab00

• Totami Legend

• MotoPapi

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you badmonster96 for making sure the guardian gets a couple clicks. 

Okay BadMonster69, werq :clap3:

Just let the Hive have their moment. It’s been so long since they’ve had something new and it’s a fun bop.

beyonce GIF

I have a feeling she’s going to get panned this era for chasing trends

They're right.

B set the bar high for herself with Self-Titled, then Lemonade. It's only fair, this song isn't getting the same effect.

imagine if they didn't have to sugarcoat their words because, you know, it's THEE Beyoncé :deadbanana4:

i mean theyre kinda right. the song isnt breaking any moulds but is that such a bad thing? im here for fun carefree beyonce.

The song is fun and cute. I dont get the hate.

She didn’t need to break the mold, she’s already done that throughout her career.  What she did here is take a popular sound and absolutely killed it with her interpretation. You all are lying if you say the LGBT community has not been secretly begging for a song like this from Beyoncé for ages. She heard and delivered.

Beyoncé wanted her My Head and My Heart moment so bad but you need to serve vocals and artistry for that

giphy.gif

Would Alexis Petridis lie? 

Alexis_Petridis,_L.png?width=300&quality

Yup, it is just a run of the mill dance song and for ducks sake we need a ban on SML samples for at least 10 years.

It is a bop tho.

6 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

She didn’t need to break the mold, she’s already done that throughout her career.  What she did here is take a popular sound and absolutely killed it with her interpretation. You all are lying if you say the LGBT community has not been secretly begging for a song like this from Beyoncé for ages. She heard and delivered.

Nah I don't really need a dance song from Bey. I want Crazy In Love, Survivor Bey back - Saucy Santana's Booty is the sound I want to hear from Bey.

Plus, Kelly Rowland already took the spot of Dance Queen in Destiny's Child... WLTO, Commander, Forever & a Day, Finally

They're right. Her Solar Power is upon us.

10 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

:bibliahh:

10 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

Beyoncé wanted her My Head and My Heart moment so bad but you need to serve vocals and artistry for that

giphy.gif

:deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.