Financial Times: ‘She can’t be stopped!’ — 40 years of Madonna !!!!! ????❤️???

Lover

Madonna is not a woman easily dismissed. Then as now, the average chart-life of a pop singer was two to six years, generally shorter for women than men.

In 1991, the New York Times ran a piece singling out Madonna as a “show business veteran because she has held on for all of eight years”.

They could not have predicted that, by 2022, she would be celebrating an astonishing 40 years in pop, racking up her 50th Number 1 on the Billboard Dance Chart, aged 62, with “I Don’t Search I Find” in 2020.

As she said in 2016, she may have shocked the world by singing about teenage pregnancy, burning crosses in videos and simulating masturbation on stage, “but I think the most controversial thing I have ever done is to stick around”.

Do I “like” Madonna? A self-professed “unapologetic *****”, she has never asked us to like her. She has asked us to love her for succeeding entirely on her own terms while inspiring many others to do the same.

The 16-track edition of ‘Finally Enough Love’ will be released digitally on June 24; the 50-track edition will be released on August 19

do you like MADONNA ??? I DO

madonna.gif

WOW.

The Financial Times reporting on her - that's very impressive. 

I'm surprised there isn't a stock exchange to invest in the success for pop stars :jonnycat:

Luv ha

1 hour ago, sugarysunflower said:

WOW.

The Financial Times reporting on her - that's very impressive. 

I'm surprised there isn't a stock exchange to invest in the success for pop stars :jonnycat:

mom invented financial times so

madonna.gif

:heart::party:

Edited by ArtForFreedom
-

Everyone thought she’d be a flash in the pan and here we are 40 years later:jonny:

Funny how Billboard and critics said that LAV was a cute one hit wonder era and that she will disappear in two or three years, nevertheless she persisted in her own words.

11 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Funny how Billboard and critics said that LAV was a cute one hit wonder era and that she will disappear in two or three years, nevertheless she persisted in her own words.

she was a threat right from the start. zero brownnosing. zero checks. just pure talent.

They are using one of the famous lines from Dave Letterman on the iconic 1994 interview 

7 hours ago, Snoopy said:

she isn't finished undoing her legacy. :clap3: 

this might be a cuté title for M15 :clap3:

until then stream ha latest legacy ruining release OUT tomorrow.

61RL8KwK8FL._SX466_.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.