Gaga is always ahead of trends. Agree?

T.O.A.D.S.

25 minutes ago, Mohit said:

those stadiums are not selling on their own sis.. the world heard chromatica and loved it thats why she is able to do a stadium tour

did they really? :celestial5:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T.O.A.D.S.

• Jjang

• PopKills

• Mohit

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ricardo1993 said:

as a gaga fan this is just embarrassing. i doubt beyonce even listened to a song on chromatica except maybe rain on me.  a lot of the songs on chromatica arent even technically “house” music. i knew beyonces new single release would have the girls reaching for the stars and ha ing anxiety attacks :rip: anyways i love both of these talented women. i cant wait to bop to renaissance the entire summer and i also cant wait for my chromatica ball show in jersey. thank god most adults like myself dont engage in stan wars and are able to enjoy all types of artists. 

1 hour ago, Ricardo1993 said:

i normally dont agree with your takes but this is so true and i say this as a loyal gaga fan but her stans are delusional. I love Babylon but it IS so obviously inspired by Vogue. 

What makes this even more problematic is that house music was created by black people. I wont deny gagas influence earlier in her career especially fashion wise but chromatica did not inspire drake nor beyonce :rip: and to even suggest that it did is kinda sadistic since this genre was created by black people and gaga is a white woman :rip: 

ill be damned if a white woman made a salsa or merengue styled album and somehow gets credit for influencing that genre :rip: 

I knew the jealously and insecurities were going to jump out once beyonces new single came out. i wish people would stop generating false narratives and just enjoy the music. i love both gaga and beyonce because theyre both apart of my teens/early 20s life. its so much more peaceful when you dont engage in stan wars. i have to remind myself that a lot of people on this forum are still young. im not saying im old or anything since ill only be 30 in a couple months but when you get older you realize how silly stan culture is but even then ive always loved all types of pop stars.

You should stop calling yourself a Gaga fan tbh, you're just a fraud at this point. 

The delusion... 1. Chromatica had two international singles (three if we include 911 in some European Countries) and NONE of them is even reminiscent of house music, plus the album tracks aside of Sour Candy bombed into oblivion...2. Releasing stripped down albums after big pop eras is something pretty common in the pop landscape. Kesha did it because slow songs are the best way to canalize all the sh*t she felt during that trial against Dr Luke & Miley did it because she had reached very high levels of controversy with her latest album (Younger Now was basically a palette cleanser). Istg it ain't rocket science but liddos always try to push a nonsensical narrative that often ends up backfiring.

Yup, Chromatica set the trend for house music to be heard in the pop world. Beyonce stans would never admit it but yeah, Gaga was ahead of the game as usual

11 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

The delusion... 1. Chromatica had two international singles (three if we include 911 in some European Countries) and NONE of them is even reminiscent of house music, plus the album tracks aside of Sour Candy bombed into oblivion...2. Releasing stripped down albums after big pop eras is something pretty common in the pop landscape. Kesha did it because slow songs are the best way to canalize all the sh*t she felt during that trial against Dr Luke & Miley did it because she had reached very high levels of controversy with her latest album (Younger Now was basically a palette cleanser). Istg it ain't rocket science but liddos always try to push a nonsensical narrative that often ends up backfiring.

You clearly know nothing about house music if you think Sour Candy is the only house inspired song on that HOUSE album :bibliahh:

she ushered in the euro pop dance craze in 2008 around the previous recession and did that during the covid market crash of 2020 in time for the new recession in development

.. YES.  and this takes nothing away from the immaculate release of a superior house track released by the BEYONCE today. 

cI5S7p6.gif

Edited by manwhore

She's been doing this since 2008, truly a VISIONARY.:jonnycat:

19 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

Rain on Me” draws its power from two women connecting on an emotional level; in a recent conversation with Zane Lowe, Gaga said that it felt restorative to mentor a younger female artist, something no one ever did for her. “I never asked for the rainfall/At least I showed up, you showed me nothing at all,” Gaga proclaims at the song’s beginning, with a bravado that would make Ally Maine shake. “It’s coming down on me/Water like misery.” Over a club-ready rush of early ’90s house pop courtesy of BloodPop®, BURNS, and Tchami, Gaga and Grande proclaim that it’s okay to cry, to stumble, to fall apart; these are necessary parts of survival.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/lady-gaga-ariana-grande-rain-on-me/

Rain on Me” is a slick, French house-indebted dance song that finds the two overzealous vocalists duking it out to see who can out-sing the other over the course of the track’s three chart-maximizing minutes.

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/review-lady-gaga-and-ariana-grande-drop-rain-on-me/

“Rain On Me” is one of those epic dance tracks that finds euphoria in resilience. Over a mammoth ’90s-vintage house beat that never fails to sweep me away

https://www.stereogum.com/2110217/best-pop-songs-of-2020/columns/the-week-in-pop/

The critics disagree. It seems it's you pushing the "nonsensical narrative"  :giraffe:

3 hours ago, PopKills said:

In 2008 maybe but Chromatica sounds very 2010/2011’d and the only 90s House track is a Swish Swish/Truffle Butter ripoff 

Not you calling it Sour Candy a ripoff when they all sample the same song :lmao: by that logic Swish Swish would also be a Truffle Butter ripoff.

Babylon and Enigma are also pure 90s house. Rain on me and Replay are french house and Alice is like a modern kind of house. 

58 minutes ago, fentypark said:

:rip:

_________
the monster lashings in here… welp :rip:

The house and 80s dance/new wave/disco trend was already starting in 2020. It’s just a coincidence. 

Edit: though I will admit, ever since Joanne, pop artists have started doing more stripped down acoustic eras. It can be said that Gaga pioneered that.

Edited by americanlife

3 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

The way y’all turn everything into a group project :rip: 

:rip:

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

Liddos will run around telling everyone Babylon is not a cheap rip off of Vogue but will try to convince you Alice inspired Drake :bibliahh:

:deadbanana4:

ot: the fan fic in the op :rip:

:bibliahh: :bibliahh: 

No. This woman is so overrated here :sleep:

Edited by blueberries

2 hours ago, fentypark said:

its Gaga's highest rated album on metacritic ffs.. lord the hateful ogh mfs are really something else

I’d say yes for The Fame and Joanne, but otherwise idk. Chromatica isn’t really deferential to house music. 

I do think Gaga generally doesn’t chase trends though.

There is no denying it. First Drake now the Queen. All are looking at her. :razzle:

hmm I would say it was gaga + dua + doja's "say so" what gave some little momentum to bringing these sounds into the mainstream again

4 hours ago, Winged said:

tumblr_mhs06zqtmT1rptcc2o1_400.gif

This GIF never gets old!! :ahh:

22 hours ago, Mohit said:

its Gaga's highest rated album on metacritic ffs.. lord the hateful ogh mfs are really something else

People let their hatred of Gaga cloud their judgement of facts

1951375f2df1961189dfe32301d6b8cd13e79e88

The thing is gaga launches trends and she underperformes. And then people copy her and they flop even harder. Nothing to brag about

Also no. As people already said katy and ariana did it first

On 6/21/2022 at 2:41 PM, Ricardo1993 said:

ill be damned if a white woman made a salsa or merengue styled album and somehow gets credit for influencing that genre :rip: 

This makes 0 sense. If Gaga or any white woman released a successful single or album in a non-mainstream (at the time) genre and then suddenly the genre becomes mainstream then of course it's her influence/impact. 

On 6/21/2022 at 6:10 AM, PopKills said:

I love Gaga but its true that Sour Candy, the only 90s House Chromatica track, has been done 3 years earlier by Katy. And btw Gaga played *that* song at the first date of the Joanne Tour right before the concert. 

Swish swish is a rip off of tinie tempah’s “girls like” too. 

Edited by iammadmat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.